• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISFP] ISFP questions

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I have a few questions that I wanted to ask my fellow ISFP's, because I'm curious to know if others react to certain situations the way I do. There just aren't a ton of ISFP's or threads about ISFP's, but I'm still curious about my mates. So feel free to answer the questions below.

How do you react to conflict?

Do you ever feel like your not understood?

Do you care how others see you?

Whats the biggest struggle you have being an ISFP?

What is your current occupation/study?

What other types to you generally relate to?

I think thats all I have for now. Others are more than welcome to ask questions. I'm sure we wouldn't mind asking :D

wolfy

awsm

Depends, but I typically become very detached and objective.

Not really.

Yes and no. I realise that others view of me can influence things, and I want to put my best foot forward. I'm not overly attached to how others perceive me though.

I don't know. Nothing that is really specific to ISFP. Staying organised, keeping the monkey off my back?

I teach kids English and I work in the gym.

All SP and various individuals of other types. I find SP easiest to understand.

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I want to run and hide when conflict comes, but I know that'll make a problem worse. I try to deal with problems as they come with all the wisdom I can, but I'm not quick with the toungue so I often leave things out that I later regret.

I don't know if I feel missunderstood, or if I feel like people don't TRY to understand me. Probably the later.

Well, I care about my reputation and I try to keep all negetivity away from me.

I'm not able to really express myself verbally and that tends to kill some relationships with me. I'm working on it.

Right now I'm just floating around. I am trying to get into a college near me and major in graphic design and minor in journalism. Maybe do some fashion design, who knows.

So far, I have no idea. I talk to a few SJs. I haven't really talked to SPs. The NF's are really great ;D
NT's are a combination of yay and ow.

Charmed Justice

Nickle Iron Silicone
MBTI Type
INFJ
I'm not able to really express myself verbally and that tends to kill some relationships with me. I'm working on it.
You seem really talkative on here. Are you quite irl?

So far, I have no idea. I talk to a few SJs. I haven't really talked to SPs. The NF's are really great ;D
NT's are a combination of yay and ow.
Every last ISFP I've known has been genuinely kind, patient, and loyal. So do you find that you click best with SJs, just like a good SP is supposed to?;)

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Every last ISFP I've known has been genuinely kind, patient, and loyal. So do you find that you click best with SJs, just like a good SP is supposed to?;)

Well, I think I relate to them so well because not only is my mother an ISFJ but my younger sister is too. But of coarse that really allows me to see the the flaws in their thinking as well. So, yes I work well with them [at least thats how they've brain washed me] ;)

Oh yes, I'm actually really quiet IRL. But like I said, thats because nobody I know is really interested in hearing what I have to say, so I've learned to just not talk. Living with 2 ISFJ's an ENFJ and an ENTP doesnt always unsure that they'd understand my sparks of creativity and the thoughts I have.

Charmed Justice

Nickle Iron Silicone
MBTI Type
INFJ
Well, I think I relate to them so well because not only is my mother an ISFJ but my younger sister is too. But of coarse that really allows me to see the the flaws in their thinking as well. So, yes I work well with them [at least thats how they've brain washed me] ;)
Hahaha.

Oh yes, I'm actually really quiet IRL. But like I said, thats because nobody I know is really interested in hearing what I have to say, so I've learned to just not talk. Living with 2 ISFJ's an ENFJ and an ENTP doesnt always unsure that they'd understand my sparks of creativity and the thoughts I have.
Well that's not good.:steam: What kinds of things do you want to say that they aren't interested in hearing?
My ex was an ISFP. He was super quiet almost always, but around me he was a total goof. He still wasn't really talkative, but he would do things that were so incredibly goof ballish. It was hilarious. He had so much to express, but he did it through action. He liked to draw, a lot, and he was great at it. He also wrote letters a lot. Something about the spoken word...but still, he was very expressive. Do you express yourself through art or written words better than through talking?

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Well that's not good.:steam: What kinds of things do you want to say that they aren't interested in hearing?
My ex was an ISFP. He was super quiet almost always, but around me he was a total goof. He still wasn't really talkative, but he would do things that were so incredibly goof ballish. It was hilarious. He had so much to express, but he did it through action. He liked to draw, a lot, and he was great at it. He also wrote letters a lot. Something about the spoken word...but still, he was very expressive. Do you express yourself through art or written words better than through talking?

Well, I've always had questions or thoughts that invade my mind. I maybe curious about something or my heart is really on fire about a topic and I try to talk about it [especially to my mom] and she ignores me. Either that or she gets really angry that I'd ask such questions about my faith or how I think and such. I almost feel like I'm an idiot every time I try to express verbally towards anyone. So I gravitate towards art in expression. I draw, I write stories, I dance. I do alot of graphic designing and I'd really love to write my own script. So yes, art and writting is deffinatley how I get those things out.
See, I can be really goofy and I know I have a great sence of simple humor. I'm not afraid to make a fool out of myself and I'll do almost anything [as long as its legal]. Sadly, I'm horrible at making friends. I always end up with people who treat me like trash, so I've learned to walk alone.

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1

I go into thinking mode, and listen carefully while also trying to come up with solutions, I'm always looking for solutions and getting to the heart of things, hate arguing for it's own sake. If someone is really annoying me (not often) I get all cocky and smartarse.

I don't know, I'm probably not understood but I don't think about it much so it doesn't bother me.

Depends on my mood I think sometimes very much and sometimes not at all.

Growing up trying to reconcile an ISFP kind of way of life within a very SJ family environment.

Accounts. :sleeping:

I like the NFs, I think if there was a place somewhere between NF and SP that would be me.

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Growing up trying to reconcile an ISFP kind of way of life within a very SJ family environment.

:yes: This is my current problem. ISFJ mom and ENTP dad. Where the heck do you fit into that?? :cry:

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
I find that my personality is kind of all or nothing, if I am my true self then I am really cheeky and playful but growing up I think a lot of people found that obnoxious so I closed off a lot (and still do). I am quite content being the quiet one regardless.

warm8

MBTI Type
ESFP

if it's in a situation where I did something wrong, I usually feel really guilty and intimidated. I cower away and get quiet. if it's in a situation where the other person upset me then I can get really angry but I usually keep it in.

yes, but I seldom feel the desire to be understood. I'm kind of okay with it because I know I'm pretty different from most people I meet.

depends on my mood / if something's on my mind. I can get self-conscious about the randomest things sometimes though :blush: I'm usually nervous in a crowd of people if I can tell I'm being observed

not being able to have the freedom I want. not being able to have a lifestyle where I can make artwork and music and feel free and still be financially stable. not being able to express myself well in personal relationships. being lazy as fuck / too care free / neglecting the future / crappy with money. being too timid sometimes and then too social other times. also getting severely depressed / hopeless-feeling at times.

studying art in college.

hmm, well, I relate to a lot of types almost equally. ExFPs and ISTPs have stuck out to me as people I relate to. I have a lot of ENFP friends that I see a lot of myself in, and I don't know many ESFPs but the ones I do know I see a lot of myself in as well. ISTPs I feel an instant connection with them (in the friend way!)

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Quinlan: Yes, I can actually relate! I'd have to say I can be the same way. For myself though, I think I'm so far lost in myself because I dont feel I've been 'allowed' to act on my emotions and thoughts.

Charmed Justice

Nickle Iron Silicone
MBTI Type
INFJ
Well, I've always had questions or thoughts that invade my mind. I maybe curious about something or my heart is really on fire about a topic and I try to talk about it [especially to my mom] and she ignores me. Either that or she gets really angry that I'd ask such questions about my faith or how I think and such.
I can relate to that a lot. I get quiet when I don't think people want to hear me either. Then they usually end up begging me to saying something.

I almost feel like I'm an idiot every time I try to express verbally towards anyone. So I gravitate towards art in expression. I draw, I write stories, I dance. I do alot of graphic designing and I'd really love to write my own script. So yes, art and writting is deffinatley how I get those things out.
That's awesome.:yes: I think expression is expression, no matter how you do it. I find it easier to write a lot of things that I feel uncomfortable putting into words.

See, I can be really goofy and I know I have a great sence of simple humor. I'm not afraid to make a fool out of myself and I'll do almost anything [as long as its legal]. Sadly, I'm horrible at making friends. I always end up with people who treat me like trash, so I've learned to walk alone.
You sound like so much fun. Is it easier to express yourself in an online environment than irl? Like, do you find it easier to connect to people?
People who've treated you like shit need a good kick in the ass parts.

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
You sound like so much fun. Is it easier to express yourself in an online environment than irl? Like, do you find it easier to connect to people?
People who've treated you like shit need a good kick in the ass parts.

It really is quite suckish :( But I know others have this same problem. I'm here for hugs :hug:

Why thank you! I hope I'm actually fun IRL xD
I connect with people online way better. I feel like all locks on me are taken off and I can express what needs to be expressed and that helps me. Plus I'm able to write my thoughts out better. So people online are getting a treat ;)
Actually, this reminds me of a conversation my mom had with me yesterday. She told me that I have a rebelious heart and that stung. I had done alot of disobeying my mother at a certain time in my life because I wanted to do what the other kids where doing. I felt like they wanted to be with me and loved me, while my mother is the grand ol' judge.
So I didn't understand how i could've had a rebelious heart. I mean, I see her point, but thats not how I felt during those times. I KNOW I was just looking for someone to love me. But of coarse I didnt bother to explain to my mother because that just starts another conflict that I'd rather not start.

Charmed Justice

Nickle Iron Silicone
MBTI Type
INFJ
Why thank you! I hope I'm actually fun IRL xD
I connect with people online way better. I feel like all locks on me are taken off and I can express what needs to be expressed and that helps me. Plus I'm able to write my thoughts out better. So people online are getting a treat ;)
I'm sure you are fun. It might get easier to find people you can relate, people who will appreciate you for all the things you are, as you get older and branch further away from home.

Actually, this reminds me of a conversation my mom had with me yesterday. She told me that I have a rebelious heart and that stung. I had done alot of disobeying my mother at a certain time in my life because I wanted to do what the other kids where doing. I felt like they wanted to be with me and loved me, while my mother is the grand ol' judge.
OMG, doesn't it totally suck to have your motives misunderstood? And then for someone to prescribe negative intentions to your actions?! That's the worst for me. I tend to assume the best of people, so it's still hard for me to understand sometimes when people think the worst of others, especially those they love. I really don't get that.

So I didn't understand how i could've had a rebelious heart. I mean, I see her point, but thats not how I felt during those times. I KNOW I was just looking for someone to love me. But of coarse I didnt bother to explain to my mother because that just starts another conflict that I'd rather not start.
Well, that's just her interpretation of course. You know what's in your own heart better than anyone else, and I'm sure it's not a heartless, mean spirited type of rebellion.:hug:

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'm sure you are fun. It might get easier to find people you can relate, people who will appreciate you for all the things you are, as you get older and branch further away from home.

OMG, doesn't it totally suck to have your motives misunderstood? And then for someone to prescribe negative intentions to your actions?! That's the worst for me. I tend to assume the best of people, so it's still hard for me to understand sometimes when people think the worst of others, especially those they love. I really don't get that.

Well, that's just her interpretation of course. You know what's in your own heart better than anyone else, and I'm sure it's not a heartless, mean spirited type of rebellion.:hug:

Lol, its ok :D She'll be paying all my bills for my councelors. ;)
Your right, as long as I know whats in my heart, I can live with that. It only sucks because I tend to believe things people say about me [especially bad].
Sigh

bcvcdc

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTx
Shut down. If you mean confrontation with someone who violates my values and ethics, that's a whole different story - I can become very, very angry.
Oh no, never.
In general, no.
Mostly feeling abused (deceived, certain people bringing up things from my past to use against me, constant harrassment, name-calling, stalking, etc.) by people who I believed were friends. I guess in general just feeling totally taken advantage of.
Foreign languages
Mostly nf's and sp's

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Do you like being asked serious questions or silly questions better?