• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISFP] ISFP who lacks empathy?

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Yet another reason why girls are better than boys :harhar:

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Not really, I've just noticed an overall tendency on this forum. Starting from Sarah. How about you?

I don't know what I'm looking for. :D

There are so few ISFPs to go off, usually the name gives them away anyway.

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'm always wondering where the heck all the ISFP's are at. I mean you have like 3 major names in ISFP foruming [Jeffster, Wolfy and Quinlan] but I never seem to ever hear from the girls. Where the heck are you girls??!

wolfy

awsm
I'm always wondering where the heck all the ISFP's are at. I mean you have like 3 major names in ISFP foruming [Jeffster, Wolfy and Quinlan] but I never seem to ever hear from the girls. Where the heck are you girls??!

There have never been that many ISFP girls posting here. And the one that did disappeared in a blaze of glory.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yeah, I'm with wolfy. I think this might be more a male/female thing than F/T. ;)

Yes, definitely. I'm always saying that but nobody listens to me! There are major differences between males and females, even within the same type, but somehow saying that males and females are different just pisses people off they think it's sexist.

There's a difference between caring and understanding. I care about lots of people that I don't understand.

Yeah, me too. I didn't say ISFPs dont care, I said some may act like they don't care, as in, they pretend like they dont care but they really do care, esp after they've been hurt.

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
I'm right here. We've been talking to each other.
:smile:
alice (aka walking tourist)

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
Hi Giggly!!!
It probably just turns them into unhealthy isfp's.
It is very difficult to try to make yourself into something that you're not. I would like to fit in better with society and be emotionally tougher and less expressive of my feelings (on the MBTI II, I scored extremely high in expressive as opposed to reserved).
But that's not who I am.
To a certain extent, I can re-invent myself.
But my basic personality traits are not going to change.

Yes, I am like you, Walking Tourist. I think you are ISFP.

That said, I think there are ISFP's who act like they don't care about anything as a defense shield after they have been hurt in their lives or maybe because they feel like society dictates that they need to be emotionally tougher. I'm not sure if that turns them into ISTPs or not.

Jack_Rabid

MBTI Type
ISFP

This is because I have not posted much since I joined. but if that were to change.. :hi:

wolfy

awsm
I think I empathise more than I sympathise. And that leads me to want to solve the source of discomfort, to alleviate it in some way.

It really is just me. I'm quite reserved in general. I've sometimes been accused of not caring by the more expressive types.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
It really is just me. I'm quite reserved in general. I've sometimes been accused of not caring by the more expressive types.

Yeah, but you read what Stepho wrote. You and me (and Quin) are MAJOR NAMES, so it's all good. :cool:

wolfy

awsm
Yeah, but you read what Stepho wrote. You and me (and Quin) are MAJOR NAMES, so it's all good. :cool:

Yeah, but you know, it's not like over there in the States here. Over here almost nobody has even heard of MBTI, let alone read Typology Central every day.

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Yeah, but you know, it's not like over there in the States here. Over here almost nobody has even heard of MBTI, let alone read Typology Central every day.

But I don't know anyone who does typology. If I talk about it, I look like im nuts. So I mean, its cool. :)

There have never been that many ISFP girls posting here. And the one that did disappeared in a blaze of glory.

I suppose I'll just have to change that!

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1

Yeah I like the sound of that, sounds like we're about to get signed to the big leagues or something.

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Lol. But its true! You 3 are the only ISFP males that stick your nose in anything and actually do stuff here. I like that :D

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Lol. But its true! You 3 are the only ISFP males that stick your nose in anything and actually do stuff here. I like that :D

NO WONDER MY NOSE IS ALWAYS DIRTY

countrygirl

MBTI Type
ISFJ

I just found out that I am an ISFP. :)

TickTock

Mud and rain and chaos...
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
You guys are like Tribe ISFP.