• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ESTP] ESTP Relationships - What do ESTPs look for in romantic relationships?

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
I met an ESTP and I can guess that he wants someone

- very physically attractive
- assertive and can hold her own
- but soft and feminine and gentle
- very open and laid back sense of humor
- someone who can wrestle and tackle him to the ground for fun :D
- someone who talks a good amount so that he doesn't have to
- very smart

Yeah, but both of these apply to INFP and INFJ.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
I met an ESTP and I can guess that he wants someone

- very physically attractive
- assertive and can hold her own
- but soft and feminine and gentle
- very open and laid back sense of humor
- someone who can wrestle and tackle him to the ground for fun :D
- someone who talks a good amount so that he doesn't have to
- very smart

Yeah, but both of these apply to INFP and INFJ.

INFJ's will naturally act as tactful translators for ESTP's. INFP's will try to tell the ESTP how to speak properly, but it'll only be naturally interpreted as criticism by ESTP's.
INFJ's will use their Ni to predict the consequences of ESTP's actions. INFP's are not known for such a talent.
INFJ's will be invigorated by the ESTP's crude roughhousing nature as the ESTP brings out the INFJ's Se, INFP's will be turned off or try to nullify the ESTP's energy and get them to calm down, which isn't what ESTP's want.

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I can't speak for all ESTPs, but I personally look for someone to shower me with their Fe, being socially smooth and all (unlike me, I can get a little too blunt sometimes). That ethereal Ni stuff is also nice too.

It's like "SHOWER ME IN ALL OF YOUR INSIGHTFUL AFFECTIONS, KTHANKS."

Rebe

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4sop
I don't think INFPs or INFJs are ideal types for ESTPs necessarily, though I have never seen or met an ESTP-INFJ couple. I was just putting down traits. I didn't mean me or INFPs.

Wouldn't ESTPs like Fe or Si doms? There is a major communication disconnect I feel between Se and Ni, Se and Ne. ESTPs do have this realllllyy crass sense of humor that I actually do find off-putting. It's funny sometimes...but only sometimes.

"As far as duality goes, lets not mix up INFp with INFP. ESTP's dual is Ni Fe which is INFJ. INFJ's are crude, INFP's are not."

But let's not immediately associate socionics INFp with typology/myers briggs INFP. Socionics is really confusing to me. I read that in introverts, you switch the P with the J. But how does that make sense? And if duality is ideal, that means socionics INFps should be with ESTJs? What?!

http://www.socionics.com/articles/howto.htm

"INFJ's will naturally act as tactful translators for ESTP's. INFP's will try to tell the ESTP how to speak properly, but it'll only be naturally interpreted as criticism by ESTP's.
INFJ's will use their Ni to predict the consequences of ESTP's actions. INFP's are not known for such a talent.
INFJ's will be invigorated by the ESTP's crude roughhousing nature as the ESTP brings out the INFJ's Se, INFP's will be turned off or try to nullify the ESTP's energy and get them to calm down, which isn't what ESTP's want."

Lol...that's exactly what I wanted to do. Along the lines of ... can you stop being so mean?

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I can't speak for all ESTPs, but I personally look for someone to shower me with their Fe, being socially smooth and all (unlike me, I can get a little too blunt sometimes). That ethereal Ni stuff is also nice too.

It's like "SHOWER ME IN ALL OF YOUR INSIGHTFUL AFFECTIONS, KTHANKS."

Wow! That is so nice to hear for a change about Fe. :heart:

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
I don't think INFPs or INFJs are ideal types for ESTPs necessarily, though I have never seen or met an ESTP-INFJ couple. I was just putting down traits. I didn't mean me or INFPs.

Wouldn't ESTPs like Fe or Si doms? There is a major communication disconnect I feel between Se and Ni, Se and Ne. ESTPs do have this realllllyy crass sense of humor that I actually do find off-putting. It's funny sometimes...but only sometimes.

"As far as duality goes, lets not mix up INFp with INFP. ESTP's dual is Ni Fe which is INFJ. INFJ's are crude, INFP's are not."

But let's not immediately associate socionics INFp with typology/myers briggs INFP. Socionics is really confusing to me. I read that in introverts, you switch the P with the J. But how does that make sense? And if duality is ideal, that means socionics INFps should be with ESTJs? What?!

http://www.socionics.com/articles/howto.htm

"INFJ's will naturally act as tactful translators for ESTP's. INFP's will try to tell the ESTP how to speak properly, but it'll only be naturally interpreted as criticism by ESTP's.
INFJ's will be invigorated by the ESTP's crude roughhousing nature as the ESTP brings out the INFJ's Se, INFP's will be turned off or try to nullify the ESTP's energy and get them to calm down, which isn't what ESTP's want."

Lol...that's exactly what I wanted to do. Along the lines of ... can you stop being so mean?

ESTP INFJ combo is like these:
images

rachel--z.jpg

Also, I'd venture to say the two in avatar are INFJ ESTP but I don't actually know what sam worthington is.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
What does this mean?

INFJ is the type of person who would make a joke along the lines of, "come, make yourself at home, the door is open. eat my food, shit in my toilet, sleep with my wife if need be."

crude jokes.

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Wow! That is so nice to hear for a change about Fe. :heart:

Yeahh. In a forum filled with NeFi I thought it'd be a nice change to show Fe some love it deserves. <3

Rebe

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4sop
INFJ is the type of person who would make a joke along the lines of, "come, make yourself at home, the door is open. eat my food, shit in my toilet, sleep with my wife if need be."

crude jokes.

I make jokes along those lines all the time, like all the time. And I'm INFP. ;)

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
I make jokes along those lines all the time, like all the time. And I'm INFP. ;)

Socionics says Ni Fe Se Ti users are crude and earthy in their sense of humor.

Clint eastwood (ISTP) will look serious and badass then make jokes about his balls.
ESTP's are obviously crude,
Glenn Howerton (ENFJ) from its always sunny in philadelphia makes crude jokes all the time.

As mentioned in another thread, I had an INFJ come up and tell me I was a "ball sucker." I responded with, "Just be glad we're surrounded by fucking children." She laughed and elbowed me in the stomach. The two of us are constantly being rude to each other, its a game we play that simultaneously vents stress and is funny.

INFJ's are significantly less light-hearted than INFP's are. I think these two pictures do a great job of showing the attitude differences. INFJ's have a more dominating aggressive presence than INFP's do. Its the only thing that makes INFJ's worth the "J" in their name.

infp%20sane.jpg

infj_poster_by_lainaangouleme-d55xqtd.jpg

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
^Honestly, both 'tudes come to me quite naturally. Really depends on whether I want to reassure and comfort you or make you aware of my boundaries. Two very different situations :thinking:

tibby

MBTI Type
fool
Ex was ESTP. I'm an INFJ. His ex was also an INFJ, and his current gf and wife to be is (I suspect) INFP. So personality type wise there seems to be some pattern. Also his closest friends I noticed tended to be INxJs and INFPs. Not that he would have care what their personality types were but I noticed this pattern.

What he says is, "intelligence is hot but niceness triumphs all."

And as to what broke us apart was mutual immaturity.

I still think the world of him, and I hope all the best for him, even though I suspect he made a mistake for getting so intensely involved with someone so fast, for several reasons. I have my suspicions, but what are my thoughts worth when it's his life.

jewelluckystar05

MBTI Type
ESTP
Lol... I guess if I come across love, I come across it, and if I just kind of end up with a few good guy friends I'm ok with that since I've met some people that have serious issues with thinking if people aren't married with kids by the time they're in their 20's they're probably closet cases

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
As far as duality goes, lets not mix up INFp with INFP. ESTP's dual is Ni Fe which is INFJ.

What if a person is INFx? What are they then to an ESTP? Love of their life from 6 AM to 6 PM, and then royal pain in the ass from 6:01 PM to 11:59 PM? Or a darling one day then a terror the next forever after? The theory of duality vs. conflicting relations have many issues - don't buy into them; focus on the person of your interest - and not their MBTI type. What if they are mis-typed and you wind up fucking up a perfectly good relationship? I'm not speaking at you directly, just giving illustrative examples, etc... :coffee:

INFJ's are crude, INFP's are not.

Gross overgeneralizations do not hold water.

:solidarity:

-Halla74

Saviithesavage

MBTI Type
Estp
Enneagram
I am a 19yr old girl who's an estp, what I look for in guys who can handle me first off, I have a really big personality & love to have fun always, it can be overwhelming for some guys or guys who don't party as much as I do. I need a guy who knows how to have fun, who definitly isn't serious. Serious people really drain me. I absolutely will fall for any guy who can handle my sarcasm and doesn't take it personal and is able to dish it right back at me. There is honestly nothing I love more than a guy who can throw the sarcasm back at me. I also have a very high sex drive, I love having sex 24/7 anywhere and everywhere haha bugs bunny used to be my nickname. I also like guys who remind me how much they appreciate me, that's so important BUT I can not stand guys who are too thirsty and tell me I'm pretty every two seconds. All and all I'm a goofy ass bitch I enjoy being silly and never serious. I like deep conversations rarely but I do like knowing every single fucking detail about my significant other.