• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTP] Can ISTPs be cruel and unempathic?

rhinosaur

Just a statistic
MBTI Type
INTP
Well, you're half right. Kinda. I'm blunt and say things like they are, but with the people that can't handle it, I try to just tell them they're not going to like what I have to say, rather than tell them it.

Every time I open this thread, I close it again, thinking, "I probably shouldn't reply."

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Can their undeveloped feelings, project as being mean. Like when you ask an ISTP for help or advice on something that is of little importance to them in their view, they just give you a direct answer without thinking how this might affect you even if you have told them it means a lot to you? Why are they not sympathetic and unempathic?

Why is it when the opposite is done to them, they hide under a rock and act victimised? Sorrry to generalise all ISTPs:huh:

My dad asked me the other day why I was frantically doing something for someone else. I responded I wasnt frantic, I was determined because it meant something to that person. He asked why when what I was doing isnt important and doesnt matter. I grabbed the remote out of his hand, acted like I was gonna hide it and asked if he cared about that because I wouldnt care since I dont channel surf or watch much TV. He responded that he would just go in the other room and watch TV, but he got the point. He is IxTJ, so its not a type thing.