• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SP] SP Hobbies/Favorite Activities

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm looking for ideas on new pursuits...

I've had a lot of interest in my time, and will try anything at least once.

Some of the more recent fair;

Going to they Gym, got bored with it...hitting a kettlebell and intervals outdoors to spice it up for a bit.

Acoustic Guitar, thinking about buying an electric to make playing interesting again. New things to learn etc.

Golf Clubs...in the storage closet and collecting dust after six years of steady
playing. Been "off" for two years.

MotorCross, don't ride or have a bike since a friend moved about a year ago.

Cycling, I used to ride Mountain Bikes and race some...that's been about six years ago. Wouldn't mind having a nice road bike.

Just curious what other SP's do for fun.

Heinel

MBTI Type
TiSe
Enneagram
5w4
Gaming and writing.

When I was younger I made model creatures, and origami. I only make origami for gifts now.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I used to run a lot. Until I got a really bad injury. I got into cycling because of it. I enjoy that. I was just looking into mountain biking actually. Never done it tho. Hmm. I joined a roller derby league for a bit but didn't have enough time to devote. I will never pass up an opportunity to ride a motorcycle. I play violin (haven't practiced in while...). I really enjoy playing pool. Texas hold 'em. Shooting guns. Whatevers clever.

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Fishing
Surfing
Snorkelling
Taking photos
Painting & Drawing (with photoshop mostly)
Watching movies
Arguing on the interwebs
Driving while listening to loud music
Trying to play the guitar

and stuff.

Willfrey

MBTI Type
IsTP
Darts
Pool
Golf
Piano
Drawing
Jogging
Writing
Night Drives
Cards

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
:shock: omfg!

Check out all those ISTP's popping out of the woodwork with a variety of stuff they like to do. :thumbup:

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Gaming and writing.

When I was younger I made model creatures, and origami. I only make origami for gifts now.

I used to write a lot to entertain myself when I was a uh, up until around
age 8. We didn't have any other kids close by for me to hang with so it was something to do for a few hours here and there.

Computer usage has really killed my penmanship skills. :)

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I used to run a lot. Until I got a really bad injury. I got into cycling because of it. I enjoy that. I was just looking into mountain biking actually. Never done it tho. Hmm. I joined a roller derby league for a bit but didn't have enough time to devote. I will never pass up an opportunity to ride a motorcycle. I play violin (haven't practiced in while...). I really enjoy playing pool. Texas hold 'em. Shooting guns. Whatevers clever.

I liked running too, and still do short distance/sprints, etc. I want to be able to run on my 100th birthday, so I avoid pavement like the plague.

Mountain Biking is fun, very intense on the quads sometimes. As a result, I could ride a dirt bike through the woods with amazing speed and skill.

If you do take up Mountain Biking, highly recommend wearing forearm/elbow protection. Both me and one of the dudes I rode with broke our arms near the elbow and although not a high percentage of people get that type of injury...insurance policy is nice.

Violin? I played for four years up through Middle School. Guns' yeah, and playing pool is fun too.

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Fishing
Surfing
Snorkelling
Taking photos
Painting & Drawing (with photoshop mostly)
Watching movies
Arguing on the interwebs
Driving while listening to loud music
Trying to play the guitar

and stuff.

I miss living near the coast. Surfing was a lot of fun. We used to drive down to Marathon near Key West and camp out on the beach at nite, then go snorkin'. Didn't do much surfing while in Florida, its a bit pointless to try
on the gulf coast, but when I lived in Wilmington, NC the waves were quite a bit nicer.

I still paint now and then, like i'll buy my canvas poisins of choice for a paticular project and then end up not painting again for years. Last year
I painted an acoustic guitar on canvas using a golding/texture technique. Then a couple of abstracts I call land & sea. Which turned out pretty cool because when I ask people what they think of when they see them...they universally say "Land & Sea"

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Darts
Pool
Golf
Piano
Drawing
Jogging
Writing
Night Drives
Cards

I played Piano from the age of 5 until about 17. Not sure why I just stopped? But haven't touched one since, even though I enjoyed it lots.

I did keep a MIDI keyboard around for a good while, but eventually stopped that as well.

Night Drives, haven't taken one just to explore in quite some time. Think I'll give it a whirl this evening.

Kingfisher

full of love
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
i like to play acoustic guitar, and i am becoming more interested in flute, i play a native american flute.
i am learning to scuba dive, which is great.
i have been going to the gym a lot recently, over the last several months.

i like pool,
texas hold-em poker,
racing dunebuggies, (racing anything, haha)
playing basketball,
playing american football (full contact, no pads)
motorcycle rides,
listening to music,
swimming,
building things/construction projects,
blowing things up/home-made explosives,
cooking,

wolfy

awsm
Weight training
Cooking/baking
Reading
Making random threads out of images and/or music on the internet
listening to music while driving
listening to music while hanging the wshing out
listening to music while vacuuming
listening to music while washing the dishes
interior design aka cleaning and organising the house (with music)
Pulling gags/ mono boke (using something)
Making movies
Taking photos
drawing
photo manipulation
tramping/hiking
collecting
drinking/eating
crafts

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
shooting people in the foot is entertaining I've heard...

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm stealing Kingfisher's list and modifying it because I am lazy. :happy:

I like to play acoustic/electric guitar guitar, and I am nuts about playing my synthesizer. I'm into home music production but have no time for it.

I used to scuba dive, and loved it, but then got busy with other shit for 15 years.

I have been going to the gym a lot for 20 years.

I like pool, but I'm not good at it.

Poker RULEZ

Racing anything, even shopping carts

Playing racquetball, tennis, or soccer

Moutain bike rides (I'm pretty sure I'd kill myself on a motorcycle!)

Listening to music, DJing, etc. Love music dearly, it is the bomb

I swim like a rock

Building things/home renovation or landscape projects

Blowing things up/home-made explosives (my friend is a licensed pyrotechnician, Ha!)

Cooking, baking, eating, drinking liquor and wine

Watching movies

Drawing/painting

Teaching or making presentations to groups of people

Making deals, horse trading, negotiating even the most trivial items from street vendors with utmost ruthlessness, even if I don't even want the item, and then not buying it.

Meeting new people, going to parties, concerts, nightclubs, beach parties, whatever

BOWLING!!!!

and other stuff too...

:huh:

Kingfisher

full of love
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
I'm stealing Kingfisher's list and modifying it because I am lazy. :happy:

hahaha! good work, well done. :D

Blowing things up/home-made explosives (my friend is a licensed pyrotechnician, Ha!)

nice!
when i lived up north we used to drop explosives in frozen lakes, and blow giant chunks of ice 30 feet into the sky. good times!

Meeting new people, going to parties, concerts, nightclubs, beach parties, whatever

BOWLING!!!!

i am going to steal these from your stolen list. :D

how could i have forgotten bowling!? i love to bowl! i used to be in a bowling league with my firefighter buddies. such a blast!
and the large amounts of beer involved didn't hurt it either, haha.
:cheers:

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Reading through everyone's list is inspiring.

Maybe next week, I'll take up 'nade fishing. :D

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
stalking hot chicks in Halloween costume stores

LEGERdeMAIN

drinking alone in the woods or at the beach, drinking with friends in the woods or at the beach, drinking

eating food, preparing food, throwing wasted food into dog containers and watching how ingrateful they are and how they have this loyalty act and it's not genuine, like when you see any movie with vince vaughn in it

thinking of ways to fuck people up if they ever find out i'm a no-good-shit

talking to random girls about random things and then, as the convo really gets rolling, abruptly breaking away with "oh, jesus, i'm gonna be late now, thanks a lot....fuckin' people sometimes....."

watching documentaries

hiking, camping without a tent, surfing

drawing, painting, reading, writing

lying to people i don't know about things that don't matter

designing small scale pyramids with used lumber and then setting them on fire

running through crowds

exploring unique downtown areas and other areas with pubs

taking up energy space