• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SP] Tactics

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
When in a volatile situation move back to a detached position and weigh the variables.

So true! Whenever I look back on an error I made it's because I didn't do this.

Do it when you get the urge or you'll fall prey to the law of diminishing intent.

Oh yeah.

When you eat junk food make sure it is the best tasting junk food. Don't mess around with so-so junk food

I have the same philosophy with liquor.

When you are drunk and the room spins, put one foot on the floor and the other on the wall and it'll stop.

But then I would have to take the foot out of my mouth to do so. :yes:

Bamboo

MBTI Type
XXFP

*Speak up for yourself, as much as possible without breaking any of the above. Of course, adapting is key, so do what the situation requires.

My failure to do this one tends to get me in a hole.

Good advice.

And thanks Halla and Rhino.

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I love tactics more than tactics love strategy where one sees tactics work like cogs in a wheel. Consider remembering one tactic alone will likely fail if it is not soon incorporated into an overall strategy.

The hardest tactic for me is the tactic : "Don't upstage the boss." I have seen many people become victims to their own hubris (including myself) and fail to take heed to this tactic. Its a daily fight for me.

The best tactic: Remain formless (flexible, the ability to backpedal with impunity, not allowing the opponent(s) a toehold on you)

The newest tactic I am applying: Be fearless (this doesn't mean being a boastful bonehead or being a bully; what it really it means trusting yours mind when it knows what is right to do next...and pushing those obsticles (second guessing, apprehension and fear) behind you as you boldly enter into action.

Even if you have to wear a timid or hesitant "gameface" consider being fearless...always. :vader1:

Oom

Your time is gonna come.
MBTI Type
IsfP
Enneagram
5w4
Good bits about the thumb and other joints, Halla. I'll keep that in mind.

*Keep a legal weapon in your car at all times. Not for road rage, but for road ragers.*

rhinosaur

Just a statistic
MBTI Type
INTP
Which weapons count as legal vs. illegal? Are there special laws/considerations like if the gun is under the seat, it's considered a concealed weapon bla bla bla etc.?

Bamboo

MBTI Type
XXFP
:rofl1:

Reminds me of Occam's razor.

Funny, my neighbor reminded me of Hanlon's razor.

:)

Regarding the weapon thing, I'm fairly certain that a loaded pistol in your car is illegal nearly everywhere if not everywhere in the US. Most states have laws that a gun can not be transported loaded. Some go further to state that the ammo has to be in a separate compartment from the firearm it goes to - for instance, ammo in the glove box, pistol in the trunk, or in a trunk lock box.

Firearm transport laws aren't something to screw with, big penalties.

Mace/pepper spray (or a taser, perhaps) is probably useful in the most common situations people encounter. The little can lacks intimidation factor though, compared to a big ass knife for instance, or a chrome .45. Most* disputes people encounter (road rage, domestic, mentally ill, perhaps extended to muggings) won't involve the necessity of actually blowing a chunk off their body off/killing them. A load of burn in the face will end it well enough.

*Emphasis here is on the most commonly encountered scenarios and not on the most dangerous.

Oom

Your time is gonna come.
MBTI Type
IsfP
Enneagram
5w4
Which weapons count as legal vs. illegal? Are there special laws/considerations like if the gun is under the seat, it's considered a concealed weapon bla bla bla etc.?

Haha! I was referring to baseball bats and at least keeping your tire iron within reaching distance.:D

Wyst

lurking....
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Awwh. I thought this thread was about something else...

final-fantasy-tactics-a2-the-sealed-grimoire-20070512031803605.jpg

millerm277

MBTI Type
ISTP

Either know your laws, or pick something that isn't a weapon until it's used as such. In the right hands, a baseball bat, or crowbar, is just as dangerous as a knife. (Guns still win, but I wouldn't recommend it.....unless you live in VT, or one of a handful of other states with VERY liberal laws).