• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SP] Why is the "Arthouse" always so dead?

LEGERdeMAIN

I convinced myself that I am an ISTP a few weeks ago; however, since converting to ISTPism, I've noticed that SP's are uninterested in posting in their own forum. Is this a complex issue that can be explained by Hipster Typologists? If so, why is the "Arthouse" always so necroed? If not, why is the "Arthouse" always so necroed?

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Other temperaments either piss people off more, or are more complicated. We obviously win. :D

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
what should one do ? Lament about how much things he does wrong like the NFs ? Or piss on each others legs like the NTs ? Or to live in a parallel fantasy world like the SJs ?

There are better things to DO.

une_autre

MBTI Type
ESTP
I don't like posting for the sake of posting.
I don't like leaving comments for the sake of leaving comments.

So I am not going to post unless I am interested in that.
Some people are particularly good at augmenting their post counts with useless replies, however it is hard for me to become one of them (though not impossible, just more difficult!).
If the same applies to most SPs, then it becomes obvious why most of us tend to stay silent.

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
SPs are observant, experiential and primarily driven by sensation. They are flexible, aesthetically-aware, "here and now" people that, with hardly a moment's notice, will go where their senses lead. SPs naturally make an effort (with a realistic approach) not to miss an opportunity that may prove to be thrilling, pleasing or otherwise valuable. SPs are are laid back, open-minded and love to feel alive. They have a tendency toward athletics and anything that involves creating or crafting.

Posting on the internet is kind of boring. If I had something more like the above to do in this moment, I'd be off doing so...like any other SP would. ;)

LEGERdeMAIN

I suppose occupations and interests play a role in which SP's post and which SP's choose not to post.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
well "augmenting" is a really kind thing of you to say :) I'ld have phrased it worse :D

une_autre

MBTI Type
ESTP
well "augmenting" is a really kind thing of you to say :) I'ld have phrased it worse :D

Gee thanks. :wubbie:
I thrive on compliments brought to my vocabulary.
(see, as I was saying, it's not impossible!)

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Yeah I mostly just post when I'm bored at work.

JustHer

Pumpernickel
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Just out of curiosity

what type did you think you were before

wolfy

awsm
*There are not many SP here.
*SP are not abstract in nature.
*I like to post at night while drinking and listening to you tube. So that kind of hinders any abstract thinking.
*Too much abstraction on what it means to be SP seems anal.
*SP never start threads like How do I get an INTP to love me? or crap like that.
*SP don't like to ask stupid questions.
*To an SP if you want to know something you have a go and see what happens. Fire, Aim, Fire.
*How many threads about making things can we really have?
*How many threads full of stuff can I really make?

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Eh, I'd rather reply to people's threads, but there arent' any good ones to reply to in the SP area.
But I'm not so curious, so I dont have anything to ask to open up a thread. Really, I just roam around the SJ blogs, my blog, and the bonfire. I just wanna answer things that make me seem just a bit unique. If I have nothing to REALLY say, I'll just move on.

LEGERdeMAIN

Just out of curiosity
what type did you think you were before

Well, I first gained an interest in mbti about a year ago. I've, regrettably, wasted a total of 4 hours in that time taking online personality tests. The results are usually isfp or infp, although I've ended up as an istp, estp and enfp at various times.

I researched mbti a little more in depth and decided the tests were crap. Reading Jung was what convinced me that I'm most likely an ISTP.

wolfy

awsm
What kind of threads would interest you all?
What could we put that would stimulate discussion and posting? In general.

LEGERdeMAIN

something interesting, I suppose. The "getting an INTP to love me" threads are definitely noxious and seem to promote overt trolling, so, none of that.

Kingfisher

full of love
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
What kind of threads would interest you all?
What could we put that would stimulate discussion and posting? In general.

i feel like there are threads that would definitely interest me, but i don't know what they are.
helpful, right? i do what i can.

LEGERdeMAIN

Looking at the last few posts, I think I've found the answer to my question: You people lack motivation and effort and gregariousness.