• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTP] In praise of ISTP's

Probabilist

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Dr House ISTP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rofl1:

Probabilist

MBTI Type
ISTJ
These are some fictional and real ISTPs that i'm completely sure about their type. BUT Dr House is NOT ISTP , He is intuitive !!

Real : Steve Jobs , Simon Cowell , Frank Lampard (Footballer) , Jack Dorsey (Founder of twitter), Bruce Lee , Woody Allen , Randy Couture.

Fictional : James Bond , Elliot Spencer (Leverage TNT) , Rust Cohle (True detective) , John wick.

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
These are some fictional and real ISTPs that i'm completely sure about their type. BUT Dr House is NOT ISTP , He is intuitive !!

Real : Steve Jobs , Simon Cowell , Frank Lampard (Footballer) , Jack Dorsey (Founder of twitter), Bruce Lee , Woody Allen , Randy Couture.

Fictional : James Bond , Elliot Spencer (Leverage TNT) , Rust Cohle (True detective) , John wick.

While I guessed ISTP first too for him, I think a strong argument could be made for ISTJ for John Wick given his single-minded focus, patience, determination, and commitment to the long game. He also was good at turning over a new leaf and making a clean break (boundary enforcement) until circumstances forced his hand.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
While I guessed ISTP first too for him, I think a strong argument could be made for ISTJ for John Wick given his single-minded focus, patience, determination, and commitment to the long game. He also was good at turning over a new leaf and making a clean break (boundary enforcement) until circumstances forced his hand.

He seems to structured for ISTP though GF pegged me as highly capable of becoming him.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

I have been pinned as a non-asshole house. Very strongly match his knowledge, sarcasm, and deep understanding of things. I am more logical though then he is.

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
He seems to structured for ISTP...

It can get tricky to discern. My istp brother can be technically pedantic and paradoxically meticulous contradicting his general laissez faire aura, but not disciplined. He is really not that. Wick's success doesn't seem predicated on being meticulous so much as being thorough and driven. I'm splitting hairs, but it's tough to justify an impression which is really what I am working from.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It can get tricky to discern. My istp brother can be technically pedantic and paradoxically meticulous contradicting his general laissez faire aura, but not disciplined. He is really not that. Wick's success doesn't seem predicated on being meticulous so much as being thorough and driven. I'm splitting hairs, but it's tough to justify an impression which is really what I am working from.

I understand, i work the same way with impression :doh: