• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] IxxP's come hither!

ster

I'd say ISTP. Otherwise ISFP.
I'm not sure how good ISTPs are at spontaneous "getting" people. I find them to be quite objective.

nynesneg

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Now I'm really curious... ISFP sounded pretty logical to me, but now with all your comments perhaps it's ISTP! I shall have to bribe him to take the test and report back to you. /evil grin

nynesneg

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Men amuse me. I'm not sure what type this goes with but curious if anyone out there can relate.

BF does not do details. At all. He gets all frustrated trying to do processes which require multiple steps to figure out.

For example, a computer pages doesn't load correctly or a blue screen comes up. I'd get annoyed too, but not to the point of being so upset you want to forget about using the computer for the morning, and give up on your current task.

Or the other day he needed to get several things done at the bank, and some specific papers. The whole process was really stressful and upsetting for him. I just told him to give me 10 minutes, we went to the bank together, and I told the banker what he needed, and everything got done piece of cake!

To explain a bit more, my reaction to having to fill out paperwork would be minorly annoyed - but only because paperwork takes time. For him it's almost as if doing processes like paperwork are daunting and stressful for him to deduce what he needs to do.

If I'm in the right mood, it's fun playing savior and taking the confusing task from him then feeding him back step by step what needs to do. I know he's only momentarily upset about the task at hand, he's instantly relieved once I help him get it done.

He's very psychologically healthy, and much better than I am with car and airplane engines. It's just interesting how we balance each other out, it's easy for me to figure things out.:newwink:

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
...He gets all frustrated trying to do processes which require multiple steps to figure out.

For example, a computer pages doesn't load correctly or a blue screen comes up. I'd get annoyed too, but not to the point of being so upset you want to forget about using the computer for the morning, and give up on your current task.

Or the other day he needed to get several things done at the bank, and some specific papers. The whole process was really stressful and upsetting for him. I just told him to give me 10 minutes, we went to the bank together, and I told the banker what he needed, and everything got done piece of cake!

To explain a bit more, my reaction to having to fill out paperwork would be minorly annoyed - but only because paperwork takes time. For him it's almost as if doing processes like paperwork are daunting and stressful for him to deduce what he needs to do.

If I'm in the right mood, it's fun playing savior and taking the confusing task from him then feeding him back step by step what needs to do. I know he's only momentarily upset about the task at hand, he's instantly relieved once I help him get it done.

He's very psychologically healthy, and much better than I am with car and airplane engines. It's just interesting how we balance each other out, it's easy for me to figure things out.:newwink:

ISFP

That's the only one of the four I can see having any sort of trouble with this sort of thing. Even INFPs use Te to power through this stuff fairly competently if not fifteen years old, and no IxTP would allow themselves to become this flustered over a competency issue... the Ti and autonomy takes over and you just figure it out... and understand it... and do it.

I've seen strongly F ISFPs without lots of training from parents in childhood get really confused over basic procedural stuff. The mind just isn't naturally organized that way and they don't even know where to start. (I think this is also why it's so common for male ISFPs to be the most cluttered of the IxxxPs in terms of "sheer mess." Honestly, I've seen entirely floors just cluttered with junk so you can't even find a bare place to step, and on occasion they'll break down because they hate it but just don't even know how to start organizing it.)

nynesneg

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w2
they don't even know where to start
This describes it quite well. It all seems common sense to me, but they are clueless and flustered if they have to work through it.

^^ This is reassuring that disorganization is not just a common male trait. To my bf, the most logical place to store your passport is a drawer with old dirty clothes, phone cables, and car parts. :rofl1: Me, I have a filing cabinet neatly organizing folders for bills and documents.

B

brainheart

None of this sounds like dominant Fi to me; it's all way too needy and expressive, which leads me to think ISFJ. What TV does he like to watch? What's his job, hobbies? How does he behave around his friends? When he talks about his friends, what does he talk about?

I'd say extraverted feeling for sure. So if he's an introvert, as you claim he is, that narrows it down. What you say in your last post reminds me (to an extent) of my ISFJ mother-in-law (but she's a neat freak) and my ISFJ bro (but he's not psychologically stable. Messy, though.)

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^^ This is reassuring that disorganization is not just a common male trait. To my bf, the most logical place to store your passport is a dresser drawer with old dirty clothes, phone cables, and car parts. :rofl1: Me, I have a filing cabinet with a folders for bills and documents.

No, it's typically more of a J/P thing.

I have enough T that I have good intentions and like to develop theoretically filing systems... unfortunately the P usually wins out and the tangible system I develop never quite fits with the things I need to file and so I get a bunch of half-filed, half-organized junk and the rest stacked [neatly, or sort of!] in places I memorize their location of. :)

Anyway, I lean ISFP for the bf. :)

B

brainheart

Now that I've thought about it a bit more, I may be leaning toward ISFP as well. Does he need stability and consistency or does he live more in the moment, go with the flow?

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Men amuse me. I'm not sure what type this goes with but curious if anyone out there can relate.

BF does not do details. At all. He gets all frustrated trying to do processes which require multiple steps to figure out.

None of the bolded matches me. I avoid steps because I want to figure it out on my own. I may glance at certain areas when I cant figure it out, but I enjoy the challenge so it doesnt upset me.

I am like you where its pretty easy for me to figure things out.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
None of this sounds like dominant Fi to me; it's all way too needy and expressive, which leads me to think ISFJ. What TV does he like to watch? What's his job, hobbies? How does he behave around his friends? When he talks about his friends, what does he talk about?

I'd say extraverted feeling for sure. So if he's an introvert, as you claim he is, that narrows it down. What you say in your last post reminds me (to an extent) of my ISFJ mother-in-law (but she's a neat freak) and my ISFJ bro (but he's not psychologically stable. Messy, though.)

I thought J also, I think P types like to figure things out more on their own where as J types have more of a I need to know what steps to follow, or what to do. They like rules and guidance.