• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTP] ISTPs and Privacy

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
`
How private are you?

How paranoid are you guys/gals about your privacy/personal life/internet anonymity being exposed/infringed upon?

And, more specifically, how private are you regarding your romantic/intimate lives/selves?

I am curious, very curious about this...

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

:)

LEGERdeMAIN

I'm more open with people I meet online than people I know. In real life, I'm very private about certain things that I do or think.

I'm still relatively paranoid about my profiles on social networking sites. I've gotten much better and finally started using pictures of my face, where before I would only use heavily distorted images.

I don't like other people to know about my romantic/sexual self, unless its someone I want to stab.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I will become extremely private when it will hurt someone I care about. Me and my wife were having problems and I started to enjoy spending time with another female. I never hid my interaction with this other person, but I tried to hide my happyness because it would hurt my wife. She even walked in one time while I was chatting and she was hurt because I had a big smile on my face so I continued to hide and be extremely private.

I tend to be a good judge of character and the things this other female did made me extremely comfortable that things wouldnt go to far so I trusted her. But i did hide a hole alot of it because I didnt want to cause my wife hurt when we were having problems and I found another female I enjoyed being around.

LEGERdeMAIN

Okay...um. I don't like family to know when I'm seeing someone. I usually tell my friends, but I'm vague in description and I'll refer to her as "some girl" and then use "she", "her" instead of using her name. I don't let girls know about each other, even if it's a decidedly casual relationships. If I'm seeing more than one woman and one of them asks me if I'm seeing anyone else, I lie. Is that elaborate enough? I could probably go on about my sex/relationship behavior for awhile, but I sense(through my esp) that you're looking for answers to a specific question.

LEGERdeMAIN

what I mean is, if you ask, "do you like beans?" then I would say "yes, love 'em". But "beans" is kind of vague(do you mean seeds of plants and seed pods of the leguminous family, or do you mean anything that is commonly and erroneously referred to as bean, such as vanilla bean(hate vanilla), coffee bean(love it!).

So, instead of asking if istp's like beans, I would ask if istp's like green beans lightly soaked in olive oil and grilled over an oak fire.

ViCyniC

MBTI Type
ISTP
I am very private...even a bit paranoid. Internet anonymity is very important to me. I've never been in a relationship, but if I were in one I'd like to keep it as low key as possible, and I would rather not show PDA. It's goes against my usual style, which is to draw the least amount of attention as possible. If a girl needs PDA, she's probably too clingy for me anyway.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
I prefer low and key, I only tell people I trust anything personal I have a good amount of people I can trust so I'm grateful for that....I like being around people but even just being there is fine sometimes i prefer not to talk at all.

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
How private are you? Not very, in that I don't consiously think not to tell people things...it just doesn't occur to me.

How paranoid are you guys/gals about your privacy/personal life/internet anonymity being exposed/infringed upon?

Not paronoid, but then again I don't do "social networking" sites...in that
the idea of twitter, facebook and other "social networking medium seems
absurd to me.

Socializing is not sitting in front of an LCD interacting with text messages,
socializing is face to face, on a phone and/or interacting with people.

And, more specifically, how private are you regarding your romantic/intimate lives/selves?

Romance? I speak only of me in this context vs. personality type, although someone might come along and say yeh, I identify.

I don't "get" romance at all, and generally consider it a topic for women and
metrosexuals. I don't have any patience for soap opera's either.

Showing warmth, and consideration yes...sharing in a mutually enjoyable outing and/or activity yes...I'm an even flow type of individual and more
so live in the moment.

Being an ISTP is what I'd describe as more so a Zen like experience, if I do have an emotion and an associated thought, I simply observe it. If it's an intense feeling and/or need to work something out and/or reach a decision. I'll call a friend and/or relative... Most of the time I'm barely aware
of having a feeling at all...in that thinking, sensing are primary.

I'd guess most ISTP men if they were getting married would be more interested in the honeymoon vs. the wedding itself. The one's I've known have often said they'd prefer to skip the wedding part, and just go on the trip. ;)

joslynk

MBTI Type
INXJ
I'm 99% sure my friend is an ISTP and I have never met someone as private as he is. Has a tendency to watch people socializing from the shadows. Rarely gives his opinion about something unless it's related to tennis (the only thing we have in common). When we do talk about tennis & anything related to it he's much more talkative and social. And I get a total kick when I see him loosen up :)

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
How private are you? Not very, in that I don't consiously think not to tell people things...it just doesn't occur to me.

I do this alot, things just dont occur to me to say until it comes up or pops in my head.

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm 99% sure my friend is an ISTP and I have never met someone as private as he is. Has a tendency to watch people socializing from the shadows. Rarely gives his opinion about something unless it's related to tennis (the only thing we have in common). When we do talk about tennis & anything related to it he's much more talkative and social. And I get a total kick when I see him loosen up :)

I'd guess you're probably right. Typically that changes with age, and life
experience.