• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SP] Friends With Cuddling Benefits?

Charmed Justice

Nickle Iron Silicone
MBTI Type
INFJ
Nuh uh only when you are on XTC or mushrooms. I was recently a "cuddle bitch" myself and had to cut off the girl cold until she called and I could tell her buying tempature was high enough to let her come over for sex. It was a close call at losing a FWB forever. See below:

"Cuddle Bitches
cuddle bitch(n) - a guy who never gets to sleep with a girl but gets to have intimate moments with her like cuddling, spooning, or otherwise being affectionate. Usually this will occur in private. She probably considers him a really sweet guy, which is the kiss of death.

:doh::doh:Isn't this all assuming the goal to be sex in the first place? Like, ok, what if you're just cuddling just cause you want to? Everything in relation to a woman doesn't have to lead to sex does it Spammy? Gawd knows it does...

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
it sounds like you need someone to cuddle spammy hahaha

Timmy

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Everything relation to a woman doesn't have to lead to sex does it Spammy? Gawd knows it does...

Man Law compels him to be vague, at best, because Man Law knows that any answer given will get the answerer in trouble with either wimminz or Man Law. And I'd hate to have to publicly ask him to turn in his Man Card here....

:)

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Nah. I could see doing so with a lesbian.
Other than that, I'm all or nothing.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Interestingly enough, I am kinda lesbo with the guys I exclusively cuddle with, and they tend to be sexually ambiguous.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Interestingly enough, I am kinda lesbo with the guys I exclusively cuddle with, and they tend to be sexually ambiguous.

and you do live around the corner from meh........;)

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Cuddling rules! I kinda hate the ambiguity that goes on with the whole gender thing. When I was in college and my bf was gone for most of the time (LDR), I used to cuddle up with my male friends from college. They knew the situation, and they actually kinda asked for it, as they were lonely themselves, being single at that particular moment. We just kinda eased each others loneliness that way. It rocked :D

I so miss having that sometimes these days..I no longer have any friends that feel comfortable enough to just hug another friend due to ambituity *sigh*
They all got married or have a gf that doesn't like it, and it makes them feel completely uncomfortable.

Feels like turning 13 all over again when the boys suddenly go..omg, you're a girl! We cannot allow you to hang with us, you have boobs!

BerberElla

12 and a half weeks
MBTI Type
infp
If only I could meet a guy who made me feel safe enough that they really weren't just trying to get into my pants, all previous apparant cuddle buddies tried to up the stakes. Bastards, misleading me like that. :(

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
If only I could meet a guy who made me feel safe enough that they really weren't just trying to get into my pants, all previous apparant cuddle buddies tried to up the stakes. Bastards, misleading me like that. :(

Even if you didn't mean to, you're the one being misleading by saying you want to cuddle. That tends to imply that you want some kind of sexual relationship...you didn't really think they just wanted to cuddle, did you?

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Even if you didn't mean to, you're the one being misleading by saying you want to cuddle. That tends to imply that you want some kind of sexual relationship...you didn't really think they just wanted to cuddle, did you?

That's just a female-male misunderstanding. You guys are driven by testosterone= sex. Women by oxytocine= cuddles.

Yes. Cuddles are more important to us than sex. Sex is optional. So no, we're not misleading you guys anymore than you are misleading us. If we say 'cuddles', we mean 'cuddles' :alttongue:

BerberElla

12 and a half weeks
MBTI Type
infp

Why not though? I did, and if I can feel one way, isn't there a lottery chance that someone else will feel the same?

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
That's just a female-male misunderstanding. You guys are driven by testosterone= sex. Women by oxytocine= cuddles.

Yes. Cuddles are more important to us than sex. Sex is optional. So no, we're not misleading you guys anymore than you are misleading us. If we say 'cuddles', we mean 'cuddles' :alttongue:

lol maybe to you. I'd be hard pressed to find any of my female friends who would give up sex before giving up cuddling.

I think it's a uniquely NFP female thing, honestly. You have to understand that most people don't really want to just cuddle, regardless of gender, so you should be able to anticipate that.

Why not though? I did, and if I can feel one way, isn't there a lottery chance that someone else will feel the same?

Sure, if you're an NFP lesbian.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
lol maybe to you. I'd be hard pressed to find any of my female friends who would give up sex before giving up cuddling.

I think it's a uniquely NFP female thing, honestly. You have to understand that most people don't really want to just cuddle, regardless of gender, so you should be able to anticipate that.

Personally, I find it a little tiring that men tend to lie about their intentions of wanting a relationship when they just wanna get into your pants, and all it gets is frustration, frowned upon and a: oh well, that's what men do.

Whereas, when women act upon their impulses, which is to find safety and security aka oxytocine overdose, they're evil misleading temptresses.

This has nothing to do with NFP. It's oxytocine. We all have that. Maybe NFPs, because of their 'screw society and it's ridiculous rules' and 'I enjoy being close to someone' attitude shows it more. But it's still a part of being a woman.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Personally, I find it a little tiring that men tend to lie about their intentions of wanting a relationship when they just wanna get into your pants, and all it gets is frustration, frowned upon and a: oh well, that's what men do.

Whereas, when women act upon their impulses, which is to find safety and security aka oxytocine overdose, they're evil misleading temptresses.

This has nothing to do with NFP. It's oxytocine. We all have that. Maybe NFPs, because of their 'screw society and it's ridiculous rules' and 'I enjoy being close to someone' attitude shows it more. But it's still a part of being a woman.

That's a false stereotype that I think you continue to perpetuate largely because it's true for you personally. Honestly, it's really not true for most women that I know well enough to talk about sex/relationships; in fact, many are irritated by the fact that the whole "women don't like sex, they just wanna get to know you!" stereotype exists.

A lot more women are into sex for its own sake than you think. Many don't feel able to be open about this largely because whimsical hopeless romantic-type women will judge them implicitly for it--e.g., the whole OMG YOU ARE LAME AND SHALLOW IF YOU HAVE SEX WITHOUT BEING IN LOVE!!!! idealist crap. (And yes, this has a lot to do with NFP--it's most often NFP women who, based on arbitrary Fi standards, spread the idea that sex in the absence of love is somehow a bad thing.)

Oh, and men wouldn't have to lie to you if you didn't arbitrarily insist on true love before sex. Most people don't; you're in the minority here.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
That's a false stereotype that I think you continue to perpetuate largely because it's true for you personally. Honestly, it's really not true for most women that I know well enough to talk about sex/relationships; in fact, many are irritated by the fact that the whole "women don't like sex, they just wanna get to know you!" stereotype exists.

A lot more women are into sex for its own sake than you think.

Oh, and men wouldn't have to lie to you if you didn't arbitrarily insist on true love before sex. Most people don't; you're in the minority here.

Judging me before you know me, sweety. I'm all for sex, hell I love sex, and no I don't need the magical connection for it. Stop making it personal.

It's the general attitude that bugs me. The frigging double standard were we roll our eyes at a man high on his hormones, coz boys will be boys, and the gossiping and sniping at a woman who pretty much just follows her instincts the same way but is duped evil and manipulative etc for it.

BerberElla

12 and a half weeks
MBTI Type
infp

Wrong, last night my conversation with my ESFP friend was actually about just being able to cuddle minus any sexual follow on, and about friends (male ones) she has that she can do that with.

She is no NFP lesbian.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Wrong, last night my conversation with my ESFP friend was actually about just being able to cuddle minus any sexual follow on, and about friends (male ones) she has that she can do that with.

She is no NFP lesbian.

That's called a joke. Surely you don't think I believe that NFP lesbians are the only people who feel this way.

Point being, cuddling is physically intimate so when you engage in it with someone you're (intentionally or not) implying that you want a physically intimate relationship, and that typically implies sex, so don't be surprised when people think that's where you're going with it.

Judging me before you know me, sweety. I'm all for sex, hell I love sex, and no I don't need the magical connection for it. Stop making it personal.

It's the general attitude that bugs me. The frigging double standard were we roll our eyes at a man high on his hormones, coz boys will be boys, and the gossiping and sniping at a woman who pretty much just follows her instincts the same way but is duped evil and manipulative etc for it.

I agree that the sexual double standard is silly. I also think it's kind of funny that you don't recognize how these "OMG MEN ARE SUCH PERVS FOR WANTING SEX WITH US WHEN WE JUST WANT TO CUDDLE" threads contribute directly to it--you're pissing in your own bathwater and then complaining that it's yellow.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

She is no NFP lesbian.

I actually had the same experience in college. Guys actually telling me that they were lonely and that they'd just enjoy being cuddled already, sex not even being needed. They'd also ask me if they could with me, as they knew I was kinda affectionate myself and wouldn't take it the wrong way. I always enjoyed that experience :)

BerberElla

12 and a half weeks
MBTI Type
infp
That's called a joke. Surely you don't think I believe that NFP lesbians are the only people who feel this way.

Point being, cuddling is physically intimate so when you engage in it with someone you're (intentionally or not) implying that you want a physically intimate relationship, and that typically implies sex, so don't be surprised when people think that's where you're going with it.

I'm not, my "misleading bastards" was also a joke.

It would just be nice to have some male friends where it wasn't an issue, I AM an idealist you know.