• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SP] Friends With Cuddling Benefits?

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Lol, and you don't want another thread derailed about ENFPs and flirting... so ENFPs don't Ne attack that quote. :azdaja:

Yes..2 (or is it 3 by now?) was quite enough.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Lol, and you don't want another thread derailed about ENFPs and flirting... so ENFPs don't Ne attack that quote. :azdaja:

Ok, are we talking about derailing by talking about flirting, or derailing by actual flirting? That could change the numbers drastically:D

ok, back on tpoic :slaps self in face a couple times:

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't agree with this at all. I think it's just a measure of how warm and affectionate the person is. The warmest people I know are also the people most likely to put the comfort of others ahead of their own.

I guess I meant within the F category of women though. I don't think T women are very cuddly, and tend to find them fairly aloof and distant physically as friends. I guess I meant within the XF realm of women, they are both warm and put the comfort of others ahead of their own. But if you divide this type of woman down further, I find that there are those that are the fun-loving-cuddle-whenever-the-oppotunity-presents-itself-even-if-it-leads-the-guy/person-on and the better-not-cuddle-cuz-I-don't-want-to-send-the-wrong-impression-don't-feel-comfortable-sharing-like-that-physically type. The former group seem to be fps (lower Fe) and the latter more fjs(higher Fe). Perhaps I'm overgeneralizing, but I'd be curious to know others' impressions here. I mean, I've seen the marked responses by infjs on here as saying they don't feel comfortable cuddling unless it's sexual in nature, while the efps I know irl are cuddlers. Maybe it has something to do with extraversion as well. And maybe I'm just full of shit. :smile:

LEGERdeMAIN

well, some female humans have only one void, some have two, some have more than two. some have tattoo's that say, exit only, some have green eggs and ham.

Lethe

Obsession.
MBTI Type
iNtJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
ponzi.jpg

I don't need to touch someone to feel a deep connection, and I was naturally a touchy-feely phobic as a child. However, this did not stop the incoming waves of surprise hugs from friends, acquaintances and even strangers, so eventually, these behaviors grew on me and I often categorize them as platonic gestures. Now I do enjoy having friends with cuddling benefits, but it depends entirely on how social, physical or affectionate they are. (Stellar Renegade, I once had an ESFP male friend who sniffed my shampooed hair on a daily basis! :laugh:) And the more personal and open someone is, there's a greater likelihood that the concept of physical proximity will contain multiple meanings to them.

People do have different interpretations of what they regard as romantic or platonic, and I would advise anyone to be intentionally clear before they initiate something that could be commonly perceived as sexual. Sometimes, as a female, all I need to do is say "Hi!" and a few males will actually believe it's a code word for "I really want to get to 'know' you. *Wink* *Wink*" Other times, people require an undeniably loud and obvious signal, before such thoughts can register into their mind.