• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SP] SP habitats?

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I don't know if this thread has been done before, but I thought I'd post it.

What kind of places are we likely to find SPs? I mean, aside from playing sports, skydiving, and generally acting like James Bond?

Or, are SPs so unpredictable that there's no telling where they might show up, or what they might do?

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The assumptions that all SPs do crazy things all the time is sort of silly.

I'd say the gym, doing a preferred sport, or courses in college that aren't too theoretical. I'm avoiding religion and philosophy classes like the plague. When something gets too theoretical I basically get bored with it when there is no application for it. Also if you play online video games you will meet a lot of SPs.

Generally anywhere but sitting somewhere doing something boring.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
When I'm not working I'm hanging out with my friends. They're really important to me. Practicing my fiddle (I'm not great but hey - I'm playing). I'll never turn down an opportunity for a physical activity. For instance, flag football is fun and I did that yesterday. Sometimes I go to places alone. Travel alone or sit at a bar and just have a drink and enjoy myself.

Heinel

MBTI Type
TiSe
Enneagram
5w4
There are SPs in philosophy :p

Though you probably won't find anything other than ISTPs.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
There are SPs in philosophy :p

Though you probably won't find anything other than ISTPs.

Lol, now that I think about it it's more of a combination of the fact that I hate writing papers and I get bored with theory that doesn't really go anywhere.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've taken philosophy classes and do well in them but after a while I have this, "I think I just blew my own mind!" thing going on and I just have to shake my head and stop thinking about it.

Heinel

MBTI Type
TiSe
Enneagram
5w4
I've taken philosophy classes and do well in them but after a while I have this, "I think I just blew my own mind!" thing going on and I just have to shake my head and stop thinking about it.

Yeah! Especially if there are a lot of INTJs in class tearing the discussion in to all sorts of weird directions.

Kingfisher

full of love
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
When I'm not working I'm hanging out with my friends.

yeah, same for me.
and i like to be outside a lot, so you can usually always find me outside. right now i am outside, on the back patio.

anyway, outside. and i like bookstores a lot. dive bars, or pubs and taverns.
i love diners, rough looking greasy-spoon diners. i eat breakfast at diners as much as i can.

millerm277

MBTI Type
ISTP
Where to find me? Outdoors is pretty much correct....other than that, a few favorite haunts. The local sub/lunch place especially, and occasionally the bookstore and local pizza place.

But really, I don't spend much time at normal places. I don't shop (if I enter a store, I get what I want quickly and leave immediately), and I don't go to clubs and such. I'm pretty much at home, work, friends' homes, in transit, or buying something I need, if I'm not outside hiking, skiing, biking, running, or blowing shit up.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
yeah, same for me.
and i like to be outside a lot, so you can usually always find me outside. right now i am outside, on the back patio.

anyway, outside. and i like bookstores a lot. dive bars, or pubs and taverns.
i love diners, rough looking greasy-spoon diners. i eat breakfast at diners as much as i can.

Yep. I love dive bars. My friends don't understand why I choose to work in them but it feels more "real" to me. More honest. I don't know. I just have an affinity for the underdog and also the "working man"...it's like a really admirable thing to me. No frills. Honest work. Honest play.

Kingfisher

full of love
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Yep. I love dive bars. My friends don't understand why I choose to work in them but it feels more "real" to me. More honest. I don't know. I just have an affinity for the underdog and also the "working man"...it's like a really admirable thing to me. No frills. Honest work. Honest play.

yeah, me too. i've always been very proud to call myself working class, it's a badge of honor for me. working class are good people.

i used to be a fry cook at this place that was a diner by day and a bar by night. it really redefined "dive". we used to chain smoke cigars while we were cooking breakfast. and then since it was a bar by night we had alcohol on hand, so a lot of the regular guys would have us cook their eggs with whiskey.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
lol...How good were those eggs? I'm curious to try that.

Yeah. I'd almost say I was a reverse snob the way I hold those places and people in higher esteem than more acceptable places.

Random quirky macabre tidbit: I work in a dive bar and the previous cook was a serial killer. He was convicted of one murder but apparently they think he did more. I asked how his personality was. From what people said he was very quiet and nice. He'd do anything for anybody. He had history of being violent to his girlfriends (but I guess not enough to raise red flags) and if there was a bar fight they always said he would handle business really calmly but he'd be scarily calm while he kicked their asses. He would say really strange things every once in a while about sexual things. I would have liked to meet him just to see if I got a bad vibe from him or not. You always hear about these kinds of people but just...wow. Crazy stuff.

Alwar

The Architect
MBTI Type
INTP
I would have liked to meet him just to see if I got a bad vibe from him or not.

Wow, that's totally creepy and sadistic of you to be interested in such a monster.

Post if you get any more info about what he was like.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
:laugh: Purely selfish reasons I assure you. Just curious to see if my internal gut feelings would pick up on that evilness.

wolfy

awsm
I'm at work, at the gym, at the library, at the book store, at the park. Places like that.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Movie theater, sports bar, highway, park, sports stadium, amusement park/fair, restaurant.

For younger ones, the mall. And a lot go to strip clubs or other bars - not me but others I know.

mcmartinez84

MBTI Type
ISTP
lol...How good were those eggs? I'm curious to try that.

Yeah. I'd almost say I was a reverse snob the way I hold those places and people in higher esteem than more acceptable places.

Random quirky macabre tidbit: I work in a dive bar and the previous cook was a serial killer. He was convicted of one murder but apparently they think he did more. I asked how his personality was. From what people said he was very quiet and nice. He'd do anything for anybody. He had history of being violent to his girlfriends (but I guess not enough to raise red flags) and if there was a bar fight they always said he would handle business really calmly but he'd be scarily calm while he kicked their asses. He would say really strange things every once in a while about sexual things. I would have liked to meet him just to see if I got a bad vibe from him or not. You always hear about these kinds of people but just...wow. Crazy stuff.

I'm with you on that! I'd love to just know if I could spot them! You ever watch Dexter*? I think serial killer psychology is absolutely fascinating! Uh, I know it's weird of me, but I can't help it! They go through some oppressive upbringing or experience one traumatic event or they're sexually dysfunctional...and BAM, they channel it by killing people. Wtf!

*I honestly think most of the acting is TERRIBLE, but I like the concept and story. Dexter is decent, but his girlfriend, her kids...*BARF* Awful actors.

Anyway, on to the original topic.
I guess I'm an oddity. I spend a lot of time at home, altho if there's ANYTHING else going on with my friends, I'll probably do that. I need a bunch of restoration/winding down time tho. I like just catching up with the internet or watching whatever TV shows I'm into at the time (currently Seinfeld and Dexter). I like just doing nothing after a bunch of activity. It gives me time to process things. Most of my friends are a bunch of introverts so they don't do anything...which is why I'm almost always up for SOMEthing. However, weekend after weekend of stuff does wear on me and I enjoy the down time when people have other plans. Actually, when I know I won't have any free weekends, I kinda feel overwhelmed!
And that's a tangent.

So during the week I work and go home. During the warmer months I was riding my bike in the afternoons. Now I catch up on internet and TV time. On the weekends...I was going to the water park a bunch over the summer. I'd love to live closer to a coaster park 'cause I LOVE COASTERS! Adrenaline rush ftw! Closest one is about 50 minutes away and it's only open on the weekends now...'bout to close for the year on Halloween :( I don't play volleyball, but a bunch of my friends do and they have random tournaments on the weekends at a nice park, so I generally go out for the day/afternoon (depending on when I happen to wake up) and root for the teams :D

There ya have it! I'm a pretty boring SP! ;)