• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SP] SP's opinion on INFP's?

Heinel

MBTI Type
TiSe
Enneagram
5w4
Unhealthy 4w5s, no doubt. Those pesky buggers! They don't even listen to other INFPs, don't worry about it. ;) The (INFP, I suppose) people who take writing seriously can take a deep breath, step back, and admit their writing is a commodity, not a super awesome slice of their soul.

Takes a while, though. We're sensitive little people, us INFPs. :D Anyway, don't hate all of us, okay?

Yeah, my bad to generalize. There are also some awesome ones that I met, the most romantic poetry seemed to come from INFPs.

souffle

MBTI Type
INFP
Is it too much off topic to ask how you guys feel about INFP's from a romantic perspective? :cheese: :wubbie: :D

Otherwise, please continue to state your general opinion of INFP's, as I am still interested in that.

Bubbles

See Right Through Me
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Is it too much off topic to ask how you guys feel about INFP's from a romantic perspective? :cheese: :wubbie: :D

Otherwise, please continue to state your general opinion of INFP's, as I am still interested in that.

Well, everybody loves a souffle. ;)

B

brainheart

Infps try to compromise and work with people, are generally good natured and kind---which is great. The ones I know will buy gifts for people who are sick, try to make their work enviornment postive and usually make employee of the month, have a good relationship with everyone and are generally well liked. They are always being thoughtful and going out of their way for other people. Kudos for that.

The problem is they function on feeling mode and can sometimes become too emotional in a crisis or they are just generally cranky. There are several different types of infps, usually there is the cranky type and then there is the doormat type. I have seen degrees in between too. Infps scare me from time to time because we miscommuniate to a troubling degree.

Also they tend to want to be told they are appreciated all the time which is hard for me to remember and do since it's not normal behavior for me to verbally praise people.

:huh: This all sounds more like ISFJ to me...

Originally posted by Hands Mechanical:
Haha. Yeah, I'm definitely an exception to that. As much as I like to promote people being happy, when it comes to giving feedback/critique on something I will rip into them a little bit (in as friendly and soft a way as I can). I always loathed how it was impossible to get any kind of decent feedback in creative writing classes I took, so I try my best to actually be useful.

Same here. I am always the over critical hard ass editor in creative writing classes. And I want people to give me honest, constructive criticism. I hate unproductive ass-kissing. What's the point of taking a writing seminar if you and your fellow classmates aren't going to improve?

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
:huh: This all sounds more like ISFJ to me...

:yes:

I didn't want to be the one to say it. :D
I've said too many times that I suspect people confuse ISFXs in person with INFPs.

B

brainheart

Yeah, me and the INFPs I know are the ones in the back of the room cracking jokes while the rest of the 'team' is having a meeting, figuring out who will bring the cake for so-and-so's b-day.

tinycatsinmyhair

my father is INFP. he procrastinates like no other brothers mother. he lies to others and himself to make himself feel better about things. he is annoyingly optimistic and way too easily offended. he ignores me and his responsibilities to persue his own pleasures. self-centered and absent minded. he used to try to be a good dad i think... but he stopped really caring years ago.

i know that's just my father, and he's only one infp

but in general, i don't really click with infps.

Ruthie

MBTI Type
?
My mother is either an INFP or INFJ (she seems more P-ish, but took the test and scored a J... who knows). I love her dearly, and she is one of the kindest, most selfless people I've ever known (she's not all kittens and roses, like anyone she can have a mean streak at times). She's also brilliant at reading other's emotions and understanding their needs.

On the downside, she can be incredibly naive and almost incapable of just doing the things she needs to do without internalizing some deeper message. She takes everything personally and has major problems with depression.

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yea... I'm pretty lazy myself, but this is one type that i've found to be consistently lazier than me. INFPs and INTPs. Lazier than me? That's pretty lazy!!!

:laugh: Yes, they "is" lazy...on differing ends of the specturm.

ESTPMarie

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
I like INFPs so much I married one.

My INFP husband has an INFP mother. 100% 'F', from what I've observed. She's a walking raw nerve ending. I really, REALLY have to keep it under wraps when we visit his folks - she visibly *flinches* when I make (what I consider to be) a slightly outrageous remark. Like Ruthie said, she's pretty darn good at reading people - and very naive (like my DH).

Oh, wait, I was supposed to be talking about my romantic relationship w/ an INFP...it's fabulous, just as long as I keep remembering he's an INFP.

Last edited: