• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Fe] Epinephrine

Kingfisher

full of love
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
hey wolfy, i used to have panic attacks that had some similarities to what you're talking about, they had a real intense and overwhelming fight or flight response. it doesn't sound like you have any panic or anxiety that goes along with it, but the sudden increase of adrenaline that comes out of nowhere is the same.

how much of a problem is it for you? i mean, is it especially disruptive?
what is your thought process like when it's happening? is it hard to think straight, or can you still operate pretty clearly and normally? i am just curious.

wolfy

awsm
hey wolfy, i used to have panic attacks that had some similarities to what you're talking about, they had a real intense and overwhelming fight or flight response. it doesn't sound like you have any panic or anxiety that goes along with it, but the sudden increase of adrenaline that comes out of nowhere is the same.

how much of a problem is it for you? i mean, is it especially disruptive?
what is your thought process like when it's happening? is it hard to think straight, or can you still operate pretty clearly and normally? i am just curious.

I don't have any panic or anxiety. I do feel very aggressive though. It's not really a problem though, it's not like I act on any impulse and there is nothing in my environment as a cause. I suppose it is hard to think straight but it is very short so really causes no problem.

About the thought process, I think I hyper focus on my surrounding environment. Looking around, I often can't focus on what is front of me and have to take everything in at once. Because I've noticed that it happens at the gym when I'm working I'm wondering how much is an environmental trigger.

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
OK, here is an example. Yesterday I was sitting there having a hamburger when I got this sudden fight or flight response. Like my body is on full alert and my muscles tense ready for a fight. There was no need, I'm just sitting there having a burger. You can't tell for the most part. Although sometimes you can see it on my face. The only person who has ever pointed out to me is my son. He saw the tension in my face. It's interesting because others see me as being very relaxed. It doesn't happen that often maybe once a day sometimes more.

you gonna die

Kingfisher

full of love
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
About the thought process, I think I hyper focus on my surrounding environment. Looking around, I often can't focus on what is front of me and have to take everything in at once. Because I've noticed that it happens at the gym when I'm working I'm wondering how much is an environmental trigger.

when i had panic attacks i became completely unaware of the enviroment, i couldn't recognize people around me or really tell where i was.

anyway, it seems like there could be something about being at the gym that triggers it. i am not sure what exactly, maybe you are even feeding off the adrenaline of other people? like you are aware of the amount of adrenaline around you and pick up on it.

wolfy

awsm
when i had panic attacks i became completely unaware of the enviroment, i couldn't recognize people around me or really tell where i was.

anyway, it seems like there could be something about being at the gym that triggers it. i am not sure what exactly, maybe you are even feeding off the adrenaline of other people? like you are aware of the amount of adrenaline around you and pick up on it.

Yeah, I just read up on panic attacks a little. Nothing like that. Sounds very intense. I do think it is something in my environment that triggers it. Maybe something to do with the feeling I need to be aware of everything at the same time. I agree with your point about the gym.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Steroid use? (gotta ask!)

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeah, I just read up on panic attacks a little. Nothing like that. Sounds very intense. I do think it is something in my environment that triggers it. Maybe something to do with the feeling I need to be aware of everything at the same time. I agree with your point about the gym.

Oh, panic attacks come in a lot of shapes and forms. Doesn't necessarily have to be as intense as Kingfisher or websites describe. (Although they can be.)

Bamboo

MBTI Type
XXFP
Dude, that wasn't a normal burger...

002.jpg

Oh, and no on the random adrenaline. While exercising, yes.

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
If that happened to me I would suspect some sort of predator lurking in the bushes which my primal instincts have become aware of, but that's just a tad far fetched... :D

wolfy

awsm
Stop smoking meth!

I owe it all to little chocolate donuts.
John Belushi

you gonna die

No, you're gonna die. ;)

Steroid use? (gotta ask!)

No, I've never used.

Oh, panic attacks come in a lot of shapes and forms. Doesn't necessarily have to be as intense as Kingfisher or websites describe. (Although they can be.)

Yeah, have to look into it more.

Dude, that wasn't a normal burger...

Oh, and no on the random adrenaline. While exercising, yes.

That's some crazy myotonic hypertrophy. Now there's a sickness I could get down with. If only I could control my power...

If that happened to me I would suspect some sort of predator lurking in the bushes which my primal instincts have become aware of, but that's just a tad far fetched... :D

Haha, there's no one to fear...or is there...

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

that would be sweeeet! then you can like jump outta your seat and do all these crazy kung fu moves on the unsuspecting preditor :devil:
*cough* yeah :]

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
Hey, I just thought about something. Do you think you might have ADHD?

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Hey, I just thought about something. Do you think you might have ADHD?

ADHD is what The Man tells you to make you spend money on pills.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Doubt it, I've sometimes thought I may be ADHD predominantly inattentive but not really. That kind of sounds like ISP to me. I have all the symptoms on the lists for that one.

LoL I thought I was ADHD predominantly inattentive too.
I think it would be really easy to give any ISP that diagnosis.

ESPs? Predominantly hyperactive.
So that's like. Half the population with ADHD.

ster

Um... when you're eating a burger, maybe you were famished and the burger supplied you.

Otherwise, the only time I could think of this happening to me is when I'm ... in nature. I get revitalized by beauty. Or when I'm observing my surroundings and suddenly I feel like I'm in one pulse with the universe. Afterall, if the basic building blocks of matter is energy and I feel one with everything... it makes me whole. I become alert and energized, and everything, colors/smells/sense of where things are spatially, become more vivid.