• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] ESFP & ISTP

2XtremeENFP

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
3w4
I was thinking the same thing. Once I get used to someone, they tend to "fade into the background" after a while. Not to the extent of this situation, but I could see an INTP or INTJ acting like him. Not to be bias, but the latter seems more probable. INTPs, as I know, are usually giddy when relationships are new and fresh. Weak Fe spatters everywhere. INTJs are far less affectionate.

Very interesting. I once thought he was an INTP too. I think I gave him a test and he came out ISTP. But we all know that tests can't always be reliable.

So, if he was INTP. and she was ESxP. Still doomed for failure?

UPDATE: They still are having the exact same problems as before. Still together. Still unemotional. Still being a dumbass.

My opinion is that they are still, for whatever reason, in that 'lust' part of the relationship. Anytime they are together in public, he has to make some sexual joke to everyone about their sex life, or slap her ass or pretty much, treat her like a peice of meat. And of course, she all ga-ga over it ( and doesnt mind it one bit! :doh:

Grungemouse

Widdles in your cream.
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
How long have they been going out?

I don't think type has this much to do with it. I've been with in a relationship with people who demand more quality time than I'm comfortable with, but I cared enough to compromise. He honestly sounds like an arse, regardless of type. If she's unhappy, she should leave. ESP types from what I've gathered are resilient when it comes to relationships. She'll find someone new.

2XtremeENFP

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
3w4
Hmm.. about 8 months, but she has had a crush on him forever (Years, years, years). She is unhappy, but she's "IN LOVEEEE" with him and she loves how he makes her feel when he HOLDS HER :)dont:) . She is in denial that this is a bad relationship. I dont know how to explain to her that she's basically wasting time. And you're right, ESPs are very resilient. She's been through a lot of relationships and when it's over, it's over. She can get over people very easily.

McRumi

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
It just sounds like he's young, immature and not engaged in ISTP activity. An ISTP who is constantly negative is not a healthy ISTP...their energy is not being properly channeled to work that involves lots of physically-engaged problem solving.

An unengaged ISTP will create problems so they can then have something to fix.

Sound like he needs to find another career so he can channel his energies properly.

She may intuit this and may be waiting for that to happen, but much depends on how self-aware, or lucky, he is. Many ISTPs are crushed by our passive educational system and are clueless why they are so bored and cruel.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It sounds like this ISTP knows how to live with the whole "who cares" attitude which is my kind of life!