• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTP] no1 h8s istp

AOA

♣️♦️♠️♥️
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Because we're awesome like that :cool:. Which part of the 'way they are' are you talking about, exactly?

Mmhmm. Now that's a good question.

Because we are interested in the physical world. We want to know about it and interact with it and stuff.

What's the physical world to you?

I think we are so simple that people make us complex. Or people tend to assume a lot about ISTP's.

Why would people want to make you complex, though?

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Mmhmm. Now that's a good question.

What's the physical world to you?

Why would people want to make you complex, though?

I don't know. But they do.

Steph was right about how when we say something we really mean it. There's no underlying meaning. It is what it is but it often goes over the heads of people.

Maybe it's because we don't have an overly enthusiastic manner that people don't get the earnestness of what we say. They think, "Well, she didn't make a big deal out of it. So I guess it didn't matter" :doh: WRONG.

mcmartinez84

MBTI Type
ISTP
Agreed. Rather, I feel like everyone makes assumptions about people in general, and tries and put those assumptions on us. For example, 99% of the time there is NO underlying meaning behind what I say (I'm sure other types can relate to this too). I can't tell you how many times I've said things like "Don't do that, please" or "No, I don't like that" or even "I -DO- like that".... and it goes one ear and out the other.

Because when I said "Hey, when you go to the bookstore, can you pick up these two books about Costa Rica that I read reviews for?" ... I -REALLY- meant "Can you get me these two different books about Costa Rica instead because they have more pictures and -you- think I'd like them better?"

Or worse: "No, I do not want a relationship" translates to: "Yes, I REALLY want a relationship, just keep pushing me for a really long time."

I can't agree more!!! Seriously, stop thinking so much about what I say!

Questions like that make us complex. Why did you ask that question?

Yeah...why? D:

RogueAgent

MBTI Type
ISTP
People who don't mind not having their phone calls returned usually like me just fine.

Boy that is me. Can't be bothered to answer my phone most of the time. Usually it is someone who wants something anyway. My mom wants to talk to me for an hour to bitch about how my brother raises his kids (different than her, therefore wrong). Other people call me because their computer is fucking up or they need advice on what video card to buy or they need help with their home theater. etc etc, get bent, all of you. :yes:

jixmixfix

Permabanned
I think we are so simple that people make us complex. Or people tend to assume a lot about ISTP's. If they don't understand us they judge harshly without sorting the facts out. I don't know. I have encountered a lot of this. I think our actions can look inconsistent to an outsider but to us we are just going with what feels natural or right at the moment.

yepppppp.....people keep thinking I'm sad when I'm not smiling or tired...like...no I'm just there.... stop assuming shit.

Trepidation

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w6
yepppppp.....people keep thinking I'm sad when I'm not smiling or tired...like...no I'm just there.... stop assuming shit.

Definitely. Has anyone ever told you to smile? And then get offended when you don't?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Definitely. Has anyone ever told you to smile? And then get offended when you don't?

I'm not an ISTP but I hate when people tell me to smile. It often makes me want to punch them in the face. Instructing someone to smile when they don't feel like smiling is completely uncouth and I liken it to telling someone to dance for their tip.

mcmartinez84

MBTI Type
ISTP

lil bit. I don't think the ENTP gets offended 'cause he's difficult to offend, but he's told me on various ocassions that I should smile...and I kinda look at him like he's nuts. He randomly gives me hugs 'cause 1) I look like I need to be hugged (I don't get that, srsly) and 2) 'cause he just wants a hug - so instead of asking for one, he just gives me a hug and I get all "ew, you're icky, get away from me" on my face. I don't really think he's icky, but that's what my face would look like :)

RogueAgent

MBTI Type
ISTP
I have had strippers tell me to smile while they dance for me. Unfortunately for them I am just not one to sit there grinning like an idiot just because you are dancing for me.

ViCyniC

MBTI Type
ISTP
Gotta agree with everyone about the "underlying meaning" thing. I really don't think I am being cryptic when I say things directly and concisely.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
There is not a single type which is not hated (or loved for that matter).