• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTP] A toast to ISTPs

mcmartinez84

MBTI Type
ISTP
I had a stripper this weekend tell me to smile while she was stripping on stage...so I just put on a goofy face.

Not with a stripper, but my ENTP friend tells me to smile from time to time...and I probably put on a goofy face just like yours :p
He'll randomly hug me and say "You look like you needed a hug"... I don't get it. I'm not sure I look different when he says that than any other time. Maybe I always look like I need a hug.

Lol. I had a conversation related to this with my ENFP friend this weekend. I really never know what to say when people say things like that to me. Other than: :huh: :blush:

We just enjoy the ride. :) Booze is good too. And thanks guys...we love you too. :D

I'll second that for lack of better words! :D

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
The sexiest women I've ever known seemed to be ISTP. She is also the most fucked up person I know...

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Did somebody mention vodka :drool:

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
"You look like you needed a hug"... I don't get it. I'm not sure I look different when he says that than any other time. Maybe I always look like I need a hug.
All the pretty girls should be huged in a non creepy way and very tight as a rule . Away with you vile gropers ! :duel:

More seriously, entps tend to have, whims. Ya know. We were born that way

Heinel

MBTI Type
TiSe
Enneagram
5w4
Not with a stripper, but my ENTP friend tells me to smile from time to time...and I probably put on a goofy face just like yours :p
He'll randomly hug me and say "You look like you needed a hug"... I don't get it. I'm not sure I look different when he says that than any other time. Maybe I always look like I need a hug.

I don't get hugs, but sometimes people would go like "Is something wrong?" or "What happened?" or indeed to tell me to smile. And I'd be like "Huh?"

I guess it's because we are normally perceived as perpetually cheerful so when we don't act that way people thought something wrong happened...

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Thing is, ISTPs know full well how awesome they are (and they drink enough themselves), no need for toasts.

Rachelinpa

MBTI Type
ENFP
Lol. I had a conversation related to this with my ENFP friend this weekend. I really never know what to say when people say things like that to me. Other than: :huh: :blush:

We just enjoy the ride. :) Booze is good too. And thanks guys...we love you too. :D

yeah, you guys are just so calm about things. and definitely heard that quote just yesterday "i just enjoy the ride." fascinating!

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Thing is, ISTPs know full well how awesome they are (and they drink enough themselves), no need for toasts.

Hey... don't ruin our fun with what little attention we don't mind (i.e. on a forum over the internet.) :laugh:

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Leave it to an INTJ to pour cold water over a fire that's barely warm. :laugh:

But yeah. We do and we are. :D

millerm277

MBTI Type
ISTP
Stop loving us please....cuz we really don't have much to say.
YouTube - Mika Hakkinen Classic Comments

This reminds me of my predominantly ISTP robotics team in high school when we won a big event....a reporter from Popular Mechanics comes over to us and says "Wow, you guys did a great job, how did you get here?" My teammates and myself all look at each other with a puzzled look, and respond with "On a bus".

run

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
ISTPs seem like a weird kind of INTP. The one adult one I know seems pretty neat. He manages a bar.

He changed his major twice in college and got a degree in psychology. He didn't talk much and seemed pissed off quite a lot.

mcmartinez84

MBTI Type
ISTP
This reminds me of my predominantly ISTP robotics team in high school when we won a big event....a reporter from Popular Mechanics comes over to us and says "Wow, you guys did a great job, how did you get here?" My teammates and myself all look at each other with a puzzled look, and respond with "On a bus".

That reminds me of those damn interview questions. "Tell me about yourself..." "What are your strengths?" So many questions I just don't have answers to :(

run

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
do these guys like jazz?

i knew one who liked miles davis (who i think was ISTP.) and Modest Mouse

Kingfisher

full of love
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
do these guys like jazz?

i knew one who liked miles davis (who i think was ISTP.) and Modest Mouse

does who like jazz? ISTPs?
i am a big jazz fan. mostly bebop. but i am sure it has nothing to do with type.
i don't know who Modest Mouse is, though.