• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISFP] How do you know an ISFP women loves you?

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
I forget. The N is for Narcissism, right?

It stands for this:

no_u_for_knowyourmeme.jpg

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hi

I am an INTJ male and would like to know how one knows if an ISFP female likes/loves a person.

If she doesn't press charges, she loves you. :D

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I had some other thoughts later so... the way to tell if someone likes you is to look at their actions with others and then with you and notice the difference.

I think this is a good indication with most ISP's.

Or go fishing for info from their friends....but that would just be evil. :devil:

Kambro

MBTI Type
INTX
Enneagram
5w6?
More background

I have known this woman for years and the only reason I have never said anything is that I did not want to spoil a good relationship/friendship.

She used to buy me a birthday gift (always music cds) and then a few years back I said she should keep it for a raincheck as she did not have money. Same next year I said keep it.

I then stopped buying her birthday gifts and now we don't buy each other gifts.

She has a had very few relationships, none of any seriousness in the last 10 years.

We communicate quite a bit and she always asks me for advice.

Kambro

MBTI Type
INTX
Enneagram
5w6?
If she doesn't press charges, she loves you. :D

:) I doubt, problem with ISFP's is that when they hate you they would be too scared to confront you I think.

We communicate a lot via sms and e-mail. We tend to match best on movies and quizzes.:)

I also say she is too conflicted in terms of her feelings. As an INTJ I would say objectively she doesn't love me because she would give me gifts? However, my delusional intuition tell me she loves me because as I said we match closely on quizzes and she always makes contact after doing something that ticks me off.

But that might just be the ISFP need to be liked :)

Thanks shortnsweet for your input. It gives me hope and btw I agree ISFP's are a riddle wrapped in a mystery :)

Last edited:

Grungemouse

Widdles in your cream.
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Haha. I'm actually seeing an ISFP girl right now.

Is it when:

- They randomly get in touch at any given opportunity
- Pick up on what makes you happy, and carry these out spontaneously
- Encourage you to be independent; saying things like, "Enjoy your day, make some friends", or persuading you to go to that social event instead of staying in to talk to them
- Playful teasing
- Compromising some of their own time for quality time with you

?

Kambro

MBTI Type
INTX
Enneagram
5w6?

Is it when:

- Encourage you to be independent; saying things like, "Enjoy your day, make some friends", or persuading you to go to that social event instead of staying in to talk to them
- Playful teasing

?

8:58 PM #1 (permalink)
Grungemouse

Type: INTP
Grungemouse is unique just like everyone else

Default How to ask an ISFJ out?
First of all, my name's Emma and I'm 17. I'm aware this should be in my intro, but I'm rather desperate you see. Desperate for your feedback, that is. I'm 'heteroflexible', meaning that I haven't got the balls to admit to being bisexual. =P Hah.

Right, so here's the pickle I'm in. So I moved county last year, and I've just come to terms that one of my best friends from my old hometown likes me alot. Now being her, she obviously didn't make this apparant; in fact I had to solve that puzzle on my own. Whether that's an ISFJ trait or not, I dunno. Anyway, I've done some thinking over the past few weeks and I want to go out with her. Thing is, neither of us are brave enough to initiate anything. I met up with her the other day and nothing happened because of this. And it's not like she makes it easy for me. Every opportunity is ruined because she can't stand being in the same room as me. Nerves, perhaps?

So how does one go about trying to land an ISFJ? Would a female INTP and ISFJ even work? What about the long-distance? Recuring questions ftw?

Any help is appreciated

So how did this go? seems you doing Ok now?

Grungemouse

Widdles in your cream.
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Oh, no! That was another relationship altogether. We broke up agggges ago.

Kambro

MBTI Type
INTX
Enneagram
5w6?
ISFP

Oh, no! That was another relationship altogether. We broke up agggges ago.

OK but how do I make sure I don't misraed my ISFP as to whether she likes me or not? She's quiet, in charge of others now and looks after her parents. She lives in my old city but I live 2 hours flight away for the past 4 years. See her at least 6 times or more a year.

Kambro

MBTI Type
INTX
Enneagram
5w6?
Regarding the girl I was talking about, I get this weird almost maternal feeling, a deep desire to both touch and hold her, she soooooo much needs a hug!!! (Though, she may not know she wants and needs it).

Last edited:

wolfy

awsm

Is it when:

- Playful teasing

?

That'd be it.

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
A bit surprised in seeing a ISFP/INTx affinity. I thought us two were not supposed to be compatible. As a pair it is said we are an Enigma to each other. All our cognitive functions are different from each other (Fi, Se, Ni, Te). Its as if looking for the ISFP behind the curtain and not seeing anything except what they want you to imagine. At the same its curious for the INTP that this same person is also a Introvert and a Perceiver which helps us get along.

Maybe its the mystery that intrigues us INTs. That there are people so very different than us in many ways who we nevertheless can have a lot of fun hanging out together.

Clonester

MBTI Type
ENFP

Is it when:

- Playful teasing

?

Definitely agree with this. My ISFP also loves to give hugs and be very close.

Grungemouse

Widdles in your cream.
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
A bit surprised in seeing a ISFP/INTx affinity. I thought us two were not supposed to be compatible. As a pair it is said we are an Enigma to each other. All our cognitive functions are different from each other (Fi, Se, Ni, Te). Its as if looking for the ISFP behind the curtain and not seeing anything except what they want you to imagine. At the same its curious for the INTP that this same person is also a Introvert and a Perceiver which helps us get along.

Maybe its the mystery that intrigues us INTs. That there are people so very different than us in many ways who we nevertheless can have a lot of fun hanging out together.

She isn't the archetypal ISFP. In fact I recall everyone in a topic pinning her down as ISTP. She's overtly confident and assertive, and claims to rarely takes criticism personally if it makes sense. I wouldn't peg her as shy. Plus, she even likes routine, which strikes against what is considered an SP trait. But I'm digressing from the point of your post.

In terms of Typological functions, yeah, we couldn't be more different from one another. But as I said, she isn't typical of her type. But our relationship has more to it than that. In terms of values and behaviour, we're similar; our need for space, our interests, our sense of humour, and overall communication. Neither of us are romantic. We also have a similar "Need of Affiliation", so we don't feel the need to see eachother for days, but we keep in touch via IM conversations. Which last for hours. Don't underestimate the power of Ne/Fe helping to decipher the behaviour and mannerisms of people, and adapt to them. Honestly, she isn't that much of an enigma at all; her mentality is geared towards the short-term; the here-and-now. What's not to get? I suppose that's the fundamental difference between us. I like to analyse what's infront of me, whilst she simply observes it and moves on.

Our relationship is a new thing (We started dating in October), so perhaps the differences in type will emerge later on. But in some ways, the INTP/ISFP has potential. INTPs like to keep their external life simple, and the ISFP values beauty in the simple things. Both types are low maintenence. Long-term potential is up to the couple in question, rather than a series of functions. Basing how well a relationship will fair based on Type alone assumes that I have no intention of flexing for my partner, and that I will just act in the stereotypical manner of an INTP.

---

Speaking of which, it's her birthday coming up soon, so I ordered a basket of cookies, brownies and mini muffins to be delivered to her door. She loves puns, so I had the message on the card say, "A year closer to meeting your baker." Not meaning to contradict myself and stereotype, but what more could an ISFP want? :D

Sunny Ghost

Jeffster & Edgar are cracking me up!! :rofl1::thumbup:

She isn't the archetypal ISFP. In fact I recall everyone in a topic pinning her down as ISTP. She's overtly confident and assertive, and claims to rarely takes criticism personally if it makes sense. I wouldn't peg her as shy. Plus, she even likes routine, which strikes against what is considered an SP trait. But I'm digressing from the point of your post.

In terms of Typological functions, yeah, we couldn't be more different from one another. But as I said, she isn't typical of her type. But our relationship has more to it than that. In terms of values and behaviour, we're similar; our need for space, our interests, our sense of humour, and overall communication. Neither of us are romantic. We also have a similar "Need of Affiliation", so we don't feel the need to see eachother for days, but we keep in touch via IM conversations. Which last for hours. Don't underestimate the power of Ne/Fe helping to decipher the behaviour and mannerisms of people, and adapt to them. Honestly, she isn't that much of an enigma at all; her mentality is geared towards the short-term; the here-and-now. What's not to get? I suppose that's the fundamental difference between us. I like to analyse what's infront of me, whilst she simply observes it and moves on.

Our relationship is a new thing (We started dating in October), so perhaps the differences in type will emerge later on. But in some ways, the INTP/ISFP has potential. INTPs like to keep their external life simple, and the ISFP values beauty in the simple things. Both types are low maintenence. Long-term potential is up to the couple in question, rather than a series of functions. Basing how well a relationship will fair based on Type alone assumes that I have no intention of flexing for my partner, and that I will just act in the stereotypical manner of an INTP.
I think ISFP's and INTP's could have a great relationship together. I consider myself a woman of taste, in music, movies, books, etc., and often highly value the taste of the INTP's I've met as well. Plus all the INTP's I've met have had a killer wit and sense of humor, which I equally appreciate. I'm overall attracted to the INTP personality. :wubbie:

I wonder why so many think ISFP's lack confidence or assertiveness. I think with age and maturity, a lot of ISFP's definitely learn to stand their ground much more. I got a promotion very quickly at a new job once because of my assertiveness. And I guarantee you, not a single one of my close friends or roommates would ever tell you that I do not stand my ground or have a lack of assertiveness when it comes to things that I feel are worth standing my ground for. ;)