• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SP] Dear SPs

T

ThatGirl

I have a question for you SPs out there.

Every SP I have known has shown this trait like clockwork. It is the one where when something is important or its one of those times that things need to be smooth.....they start shit.

Is this an SP trait or all the SPs I know. For instance, they are the ones pouting at Disneyland, freaking out before the guests arrive, or turning a special moment into something about them.

What is this?

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Every SP I have known has shown this trait like clockwork. It is the one where when something is important or its one of those times that things need to be smooth.....they start shit.

Hmmm. I know an ESFP and an ISFP very well. Neither exhibit this trait. Nor do I, an ESTP. All of us, however, will start shit at the drop of a hat if it is warranted, that is for sure. My ESFP friend is the most testy of the three, and he might start shit when there is no real need other than to resolve his inner dislike of whatever is happening at the time, and he can be a bit hystrionic, especially if wasted.

Is this an SP trait or all the SPs I know. For instance, they are the ones pouting at Disneyland, freaking out before the guests arrive, or turning a special moment into something about them.

From my experience it seems like its more of a "peeps you know" phenomena.

Are they otherwise likeable?

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
Maybe the SP's you know are just really self-centered and whiny because this trait is not just for SP's.

SolitaryPenguin

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Nah, I think your SP radar is off a bit. Those are usually the people I would be apt to punch in the neck.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Maybe they just don't like you.

I don't think it's an SP trait. A lot of the ISxPs I know actively avoid starting shit and/or don't care enough to bother making trouble. Myself included..

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
-Different values
-Being contrary is fun
-Shit stirring is fun
-Low Fe

Maybe?

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
-Different values
-Being contrary is fun
-Shit stirring is fun
-Low Fe

Maybe?

Ahhhh. All true above, but aren't we joybringers?

Don't we inspire positive mood to those lucky enough to be in our presence? :cheese:

I like stirring shit and being contrary, but not if its going to fuck up an already present good mood, you know? :yes:

sunshinebrighter

MBTI Type
IXFP
"freaking out before the guests arrive"

Like how? I like to be accommodating to guests as much as possible. I like to make sure there are drinks available, small snacks that they can eat if they are hungry, the bathroom clean, etc. Some people think this is excess and sometimes someone would be so annoyed to the point where they make me out to be a crazy person. They tend to be Ns who really do not understand details like that affects a guest's experience. Hope that isn't you!

"turning a special moment into something about them."

Trying to steal the spot light type deal? Probably ESFPs. They naturally perform.

SPs learn by experience. It's natural to talk about themselves because the information they took in was based on their sight, smell, taste and touch. If something special happened and it affected them they will talk about it from their point of view. That is the way their mind works. The SPs you met probably saw it as sharing the experience not trying to take it away.

"ones pouting at Disneyland"

Shit happens in the real world. S's comes off as more sensitive because they are affected by those more then N's. They notice more good and bad things happening in their environment. While Ns minds are up in the clouds and not even notice they just stepped in a pile of dog shit, S's are in the battle field fighting against the unpleasant mundane.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
What is to be meaning "start shit"?

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Ahhhh. All true above, but aren't we joybringers?

Don't we inspire positive mood to those lucky enough to be in our presence? :cheese:

I like stirring shit and being contrary, but not if its going to fuck up an already present good mood, you know? :yes:

Well I suppose there are a lot of situations where the other temperaments might be going "oh shit everything needs to go smoothly right at this moment!" but the SP is thinking "what's the big deal? even if it doesn't go smoothly we can handle it". Going smoothly is probably not a priority (we think) it comes naturally. :newwink:

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
For instance, they are the ones pouting at Disneyland, freaking out before the guests arrive, or turning a special moment into something about them.

What is this?

"freaking out before the guests arrive"

was the SP the one planning the event? I know when I planned my 30th birthday party I was gathering people from two cities together and getting RSVP's, making sure I wasn't getting ripped of by the limo company, etc. Plus, I really wanted it to be a really fun and memorable occasion for everyone. (It was :D ) Yeah, I sort of freaked out. I don't plan. It's a stressful position to be in. Let's say I'm out of my comfort zone. Maybe this is the case with your friend?

"Pouting at Disneyland"

:rofl1: I live in Orlando. I'd pout too. Unless it's Epcot and I'm drinking around the world. :newwink:

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well I suppose there are a lot of situations where the other temperaments might be going "oh shit everything needs to go smoothly right at this moment!" but the SP is thinking "what's the big deal? even if it doesn't go smoothly we can handle it". Going smoothly is probably not a priority (we think) it comes naturally. :newwink:

Ahhh ha!!! A wise Sasquatch you are! :D :nice:

That totally makes sense, shit always goes smooth for us, even when we fuck up. Haaa!