• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SP] SP are libraterians? What are your politic views?

Ruthie

MBTI Type
?
I agree that the Libertarian Party is less diverse than the Democratic Party.

The problem in the last few pages of this thread is that your talking about the Political Parties and I'm talking about Political Philosophy.

The LP advocates individual liberty, VERY limited role for government, personal and economic freedom, adherence to Constitutional principles, etc.... that seems to sum up the core of libertarian philosophy pretty well, wouldn't you say?

Another problem is that you keep making assumptions about what I believe. You don't know what I believe. All you're doing is taking the popular LP stereotypes and applying it to a non-LP, libertarian individual.

Of course I don't know what you believe. What I do know is that in 1 post, you used the terms "rational," "inherently selfish" and pulled out an Orwell reference. Not to mention your "obligatory Nietzsche quote." If you don't fit the stereotype then stop fitting the stereotype.

Half of this thread should probably be it's own thread. Do you agree?

Eh, who knows. The back-and-forth between you and me excepted, I do think it's an interesting debate and very much related to temperament.

LEGERdeMAIN

I could go issue and issue and tell you which parts of the LP platform I agree with and disagree with and explain why. But, nobody wants that. I agree with the LP that people should take responsibility for their own actions, that they should be free to choose a lifestyle of their own choosing....I agree with their position on abortion. I completely disagree with the LP's view on economics, health-care, guns, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc...

So, because I've read Orwell and Nietzsche and I suspect that people are inherently selfish and rational, I'm a stereotype?

Tell me about yourself.