• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] So, how do "we" do it?

GargoylesLegacy

Kickin' Ass since 1984
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w9
Feel free to skip to "The actual Problem" part right away if you want.
Pre-BlaBla
Okay, confession. At least it is way easier for me to do here than on any other MBTI forum I am at. Because people from here seem to have a brain. No offense, just a fact. *cough*

So, I was always an INTJ, right. Those were my scores
Sept 4th: (90|64|75|91)
June 01st: (71|59|65|82)
Apr 17th: (89|64|75|91)
Jan 24th: (71|64|70|82)
Dec 07th '08: (75|59|65|82)
Oct 29th '08: (61|64|70|77)[/color]

Good. Now I retook the test yesterday. And I scored as an ESTP. Okay, the percentages were low, but if you compare with my last result, it dropped down a lot:
ESTP: (50|50|80|55)
INTJ: (90|64|75|91) <-- 2 weeks before

I dropped 40% on I; 14% on N; raised 5% on T and dropped 46% on the J.
Now, I am not really making this thread because I am worried about this. I mean I will keep observing how it will develop and all, but there is something else going on that I need help with.

The actual Problem
Okay, so INTJs are not exactly people who talk about their feelings a lot, we all know it. But I have this ENFP friend who always kinda made me talk about it. She was basically a pain in the ass (greetings to her at this point) about it. It was good and fine and I could handle it.
BUT since I have been shifting to an ESTP (yes, I actually noticed that I did), I kinda have had troubles with all that. I started to automatically not being interested to share this whole "How are you" stuff anymore (even before I knew I was shifting), because even if I did, there is nothing people could do about whatever condition I am in (or not) anyways. So, okay, I don't want to share "how I am"; but at the same time it gives me stomach-aches. So my question is: How do "we" do it? How do "we" deal with whatever is going on with "us"? Yeah I know, xSTPs do this whole distraction thing, but what exactly do you do?
I noticed sport is good, but I can't exactly do sports all freakin' day to keep my stomach in order. So what else do you guys do?
Help out the Noob-ESTP a bit here, will ya? :alttongue:

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
STP is all about having fun. My cousin is an ESTP. He is very socialable, he likes to dance, he plays football, he is really popular with girls, plays games. Its all about having fun. Go out and do whatever you enjoy. Its about living for today and having fun. We both would like to learn some BBoy dancing.

As an ISTP, I like driving around. When I am bored I will hop in my truck, roll down the windows crank up the stereo and just drive. I enjoy pushing myself so I will take turns at the limits of breaking my tires loose, floor it, etc. That is just what I enjoy. I may take my jet ski out if weather and time permit. Its all introverted things that I can do on my own.

Fe and Se are about doing things for others. Watch for what others need. My grandma sat down on the couch and my cousin immediatley offered her the remote. If I notice my mom parked at the bottom of the drive way in the morning because my truck was in the way I will rearrange the cars before I leave so she doesnt have to walk as far. We are very in the moment people and dont always take preventative measures or worry about the tomorrow. We will handle tomorrow when it comes.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
It's always those dang ENFPs

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It's always those dang ENFPs

You guys(sorry I call everyone you guys, I should really switch to y'all since I live in texas) can get anything out of anyone you want :) Its that damn Ne that lets you guys throw out things to see what people bite onto and the personality to make people feel comfortable and want to.

Charmed Justice

Nickle Iron Silicone
MBTI Type
INFJ
You guys(sorry I call everyone you guys, I should really switch to y'all since I live in texas) can get anything out of anyone you want :) Its that damn Ne that lets you guys throw out things to see what people bite onto and the personality to make people feel comfortable and want to.
LOL@the bolded.
:devil:to the rest of the post.

But wait, I will say I don't intentionally throw out things to see what people will bite onto. I just genuinely want to know what it is, or who people are. I just want them to come out with it.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
LOL@the bolded.

But wait, I will say I don't intentionally throw out things to see what people will bite onto. I just genuinely want to know what it is, or who people are. I just want them to come out with it.

Ok, I will change it slightly.

Its that damn Ne that lets you guys throw out things and see what people bite onto and the personality to make people feel comfortable and want to.

One word can really change the whole meaning of something. From intentional to observational :)

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
INTJ ---> ESTP ? Hell of a change. Is it really possible to actually change your personality cos according to research you can't.

Also INTJs can eventually let out their feelings to those who are close to them. But a very hard nut to crack and ENFPs are strongest to break them.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
LOL@the bolded.

haha!! i say you guys and live in tx too how funny...i should switch to yall...hahaha!!

i don't intentionally do that either and don't try to get things out of people...we're just curious. :smile:

Keps Mnemnosyne

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Mm
To GargoylesLegacy,
Are you positive that you changed type? To take the test accurately, one must think of the questions over the long term, not the short term. Even if I partied straight for the past two weeks and had fun, it would not make me suddenly an extrovert. It would be unusual behavior in a pattern. I think that you know too much about MBTI and that is influencing your results.

Secondly, your problem doesn't make sense to me. Asking what you should do since you are now a Noob-ESTP is trying to make yourself fit into a categorization. If your question is just how ESTP's deal with feelings, well then I have to let them answer that. Sorry if I misunderstood your question.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
To GargoylesLegacy,
Are you positive that you changed type? To take the test accurately, one must think of the questions over the long term, not the short term. Even if I partied straight for the past two weeks and had fun, it would not make me suddenly an extrovert. It would be unusual behavior in a pattern. I think that you know too much about MBTI and that is influencing your results.

Secondly, your problem doesn't make sense to me. Asking what you should do since you are now a Noob-ESTP is trying to make yourself fit into a categorization. If your question is just how ESTP's deal with feelings, well then I have to let them answer that. Sorry if I misunderstood your question.
This was my thought as well. You know those tests are borderline-useless except as an absolute first step for MBTI-noobs, right?

FWIW, you don't seem like a "typical" INTJ or certainly not ESTP to me, but I don't know you very well, and the cultural differences likely play a role.

You are asking more of a human-thing than an ESTP-thing anyway. Being an ESTP won't give you many answers here. I think most people deal with difficult feelings in similar ways: find possible solutions, talk to trusted friends/family, and "self-comforting" like with food or distraction or watching TV or something. mix and match.

man

MBTI Type
IntP
Enneagram
=)
I tend to do either swim laps or play with my MIDIs.

Willfrey

MBTI Type
IsTP
I think if you were an INTJ you'd be more driven to discarded the oddly different scores. Much the same way the as an olympic judge will discard the highest and lowest score. Initially I always tested as an INTP, over the past year I've routinely tested ISTP instead. Anybody else here feel/think as if they've had a shift in personality?

GargoylesLegacy

Kickin' Ass since 1984
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w9
INTJ ---> ESTP ? Hell of a change.
To GargoylesLegacy,
Are you positive that you changed type?
I was never too much of a "dead-center" anything anyways. I had pretty much all of my traits developed quite far, so I am not even surprised honestly. But again, this is not about "Oh God, why did I change", this is about "How in Hell do ESTPs deal with feelings without beating anybody up or whatever".

To take the test accurately, one must think of the questions over the long term, not the short term.
"He said to the P". *lol* Sorry. That just seemed fun in that very moment.
I did BTW. I think I do know how to take those tests. No offense.

If your question is just how ESTP's deal with feelings, well then I have to let them answer that.
Yep, that is what it was about. Just what they do. Especially with anger actually. I don't exactly wanna punch people or so. *cough*

STP is all about having fun. (...)
Fe and Se are about doing things for others.
Yeah I noticed that too. Seems good to me (done it for the past few weeks). Thanks a lot for your post. That sure helps.

I tend to do either swim laps or play with my MIDIs.
Sports and music? Yes, I see. Thank you. =3

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
I don't usually get in a bad mood, but if I do I might do some physical activity like walking or running. I also take mood enhancement pills because I was depressed for a few years and I get angry sometimes now. Last night I felt insulted a little bit and actually started to get pissed off like I haven't in awhile. I took my St. John's Wort though and just laughed it off.

I think if you were an INTJ you'd be more driven to discarded the oddly different scores. Much the same way the as an olympic judge will discard the highest and lowest score. Initially I always tested as an INTP, over the past year I've routinely tested ISTP instead. Anybody else here feel/think as if they've had a shift in personality?
Yeah, I used to test as an INFP.

GargoylesLegacy

Kickin' Ass since 1984
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w9
Yeah, I used to test as an INFP.
Yep, had quite a few shifts too myself. Generally speaking.

I don't usually get in a bad mood, but if I do I might do some physical activity like walking or running. I also take mood enhancement pills.
Oh it's Ren. Hi, great to see you here. :D
Thanks for your post. I actually read about you mentioning St. John over at the other forum. I wanted to try. I am just using hops currently. So thank you.

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
Yep, had quite a few shifts too myself. Generally speaking.

Oh it's Ren. Hi, great to see you here. :D
Thanks for your post. I actually read about you mentioning St. John over at the other forum. I wanted to try. I am just using hops currently. So thank you.

haha! I was all, "wha?" until I took one look at your profile and was all, "Van!" haha. Good to see you here, baby! It's been awhile. :hug:

:hi:

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
You know what's funny, too? I was just thinking earlier tonight and previously too whether you were an ESTP or not, since you seemed to be so intrigued by our type. I used to be really intrigued by it, too. And you don't seem to be too terribly INTJ to me. You know yourself better than I do, though. Whaddya think?

I did seem incredibly INFP way back in the day.

GargoylesLegacy

Kickin' Ass since 1984
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w9
haha! I was all, "wha?" until I took one look at your profile and was all, "Van!" haha. Good to see you here, baby! It's been awhile. :hug: :hi:
Haha, yeah surprise. I am around here too. Nice to have you. :hug:

You know what's funny, too? I was just thinking earlier tonight and previously too whether you were an ESTP or not, since you seemed to be so intrigued by our type.
Yeah honestly, I am not surprised by anything anymore lately. It all makes sense. It's creepy. <_<

And you don't seem to be too terribly INTJ to me. You know yourself better than I do, though. Whaddya think?
I think that - as I stated before - I was never clearly an XXXX anyways. I have pretty much developed (had to is more like it) all my functions to at least 50%. So I was kinda constantly balancing being an "everything" anyways, to say so. Plus I seemed to change due to different events (such as my grief some months back). You have seen me in Summer. I was nothing like 2 weeks ago, when Fall started. It's freaky.
However, as much as I have always been a bit jumpy; it was never this rad. I mean over 40% of change on a trait? Just wow. Blame McG for it. *lol*
Anyways. I am highly curious to see where this leads to. Guess I'll have to stalk you some more to get the hang of this. Bwahaha. :D :ninja:

Keps Mnemnosyne

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Mm
To GargoyleLegacy,
I don't quite get your joke, but you can't offend me easily, online anyway. I didn't mean to imply that you didn't know how to take the test just that I couldn't figure how a long term change happens in two weeks. I am not a believer of type never changing...in particular along the E/I axis. I was more concerned that since you had done the test several times that you could easily influence the test. Regardless if you like to switch personality type boxes than be happy. Jumping between personality types sounds much more fun than staying in the same box. Sorry for the slight derailment, but it was to respond to your earlier post.

Oh the misunderstandings, I always think people initially have good intentions. I knew you meant it as a joke and I love people who have a sense of humor...and I can't believe I didn't understand it till you explained. Oh well. Thanks for the compliments; regardless of your type you do give good compliments.

Last edited:

GargoylesLegacy

Kickin' Ass since 1984
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w9
To GargoyleLegacy,
I don't quite get your joke, but you can't offend me easily, online anyway.
I didn't try to offend you. It was just a stupid joke about "telling a P to think long-term". Basically a stereotype-joke. A cheap one.
It's all good really. I dig you. Honest, straight-forward, open-minded. Good traits to have. ;)