• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] So, how do "we" do it?

Unique

I think it's more easy to mistake yourself as other personalities than a lot of people on this board think... including drastic ones such as this

I thought I was ESTP at one point (I guess the opposite case happened here) but in fact was INTP

Yeah it sucks though cause even though you said yourself this isn't an "omg I've changed" thing and you may not even ask or require criticism about your new type but chances are you'll get it anyway

Okay so that out of the way... ESTPs and feelings... I've found that its best for ESTPs to talk about them with someone, get them off their chest, maybe even receive some advice, this is fairly typical of Fe

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't believe we can really change our type. But I believe that some peoples want to be ESTP according to phantasm they have about this type. It's the case too for INTJs, I've heard that many INTJ on INTJ.org are not really INTJ but teenagers who like dream of them as INTJ, according to their phantasms about that type.

GargoylesLegacy

Kickin' Ass since 1984
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w9
SPeed Gavroche said:
I don't believe we can really change our type. But I believe that some peoples want to be ESTP according to phantasm they have about this type.
Oh believe me, I was more than happy with my old type. Now everything is just upside down, because I turned into my previous opposite (except for the F). I don't think that this is about "just wanting to be".

Yeah it sucks though cause even though you said yourself this isn't an "omg I've changed" thing and you may not even ask or require criticism about your new type but chances are you'll get it anyway
Yep in fact I am not interested in that whole "Is it possible or not" thing at all. I for myself believe it is; and thing is that I do behave like an ESTP (even before I took the test already), so I don't care whether people think it is real or not. It's who I am and I have to look at everything from another point of view.
Sure, maybe I'll morph into whatever-the-Hell some day after this, but this is now and if I really change again (we'll cross that bridge when we get there), I need to survive somehow until then. So I'll just stick with the info about how we do stuff, thank you. No offense to anybody. =P

I've found that its best for ESTPs to talk about them with someone, get them off their chest, maybe even receive some advice, this is fairly typical of Fe
That's an interesting point. Thank you for that.

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
To GargoylesLegacy,
Are you positive that you changed type? To take the test accurately, one must think of the questions over the long term, not the short term. Even if I partied straight for the past two weeks and had fun, it would not make me suddenly an extrovert. It would be unusual behavior in a pattern. I think that you know too much about MBTI and that is influencing your results.

Secondly, your problem doesn't make sense to me. Asking what you should do since you are now a Noob-ESTP is trying to make yourself fit into a categorization. If your question is just how ESTP's deal with feelings, well then I have to let them answer that. Sorry if I misunderstood your question.

+1

If you have realized that you are an ESTP...why would you be asking how ESTPs deal with feelings. Seems like you should know that...?

Anyway ESTP doesn't seem like a stretch for you, so congratulations on identifying a type that suits you at this point in your life.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh believe me, I was more than happy with my old type. Now everything is just upside down, because I turned into my previous opposite (except for the F). I don't think that this is about "just wanting to be".

I've alway been sceptical about possibilities for changing of type, I would be curious for what events have make you change. Have you ever think about ENTJ for you? They can be very near of both INTJ and ESTP characteristics.

GargoylesLegacy

Kickin' Ass since 1984
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w9
If you have realized that you are an ESTP...why would you be asking how ESTPs deal with feelings. Seems like you should know that...?
As stated a couple of times up there, I do know of hows, but I want more input, seeing that I can't really do most of the stuff I know about all day. I'm looking for some more ideas to try out. I don't think that's a crime. :rolli:
Also, as a small comparison, only because one is a girl, doesn't mean she knows how "girl things" work from the first moment. One first has to find out the best ways to do things. Especially since girl =/= girl. Same with types. At least in my opinion. *shrug*

However. What I heard for now is sports (which I knew); driving around (knew that too); music (ditto); helping people (that was just a theory); talking (didn't really work lately).
What I'm surely gonna try is what Ren said about St. Johns Worth. I completely forgot about that (thanks for reminding me Ren).
I also heard that gaming or eating is good. Though, I am not gonna do eating because that would probably just make me gain weight unnecessarily, but gaming works, I know that. Somebody else also suggested punching things or sex. Ah man, ESTP. :D
Ah yes, somebody suggested drinking. Guess I'll pass on that too. :tongue:

I've alway been sceptical about possibilities for changing of type, I would be curious for what events have make you change. Have you ever think about ENTJ for you? They can be very near of both INTJ and ESTP characteristics.
I'm sorry, I can't share the reasons of why I changed. I only share very private things with one person.
And I checked ENTJ, yes. A couple of times. But it's not it. Thanks none the less.

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
As stated a couple of times up there, I do know of hows, but I want more input, seeing that I can't really do most of the stuff I know about all day. I'm looking for some more ideas to try out. I don't think that's a crime. :rolli:
Also, as a small comparison, only because one is a girl, doesn't mean she knows how "girl things" work from the first moment. One first has to find out the best ways to do things. Especially since girl =/= girl. Same with types. At least in my opinion. *shrug*

:huh: I don't think it's unreasonable to assume that type X should understand what it is like to be type X.

Also I assume this is not the first time in your life that you have encountered emotions. I would think that you would either deal with them the way you did in the past (if it was effective) or deal with them in a way that would be natural now for you (if past methods were ineffective) regardless of type.

Perhaps it was just the way you posed the question that made it sound so ridiculous.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm sorry, I can't share the reasons of why I changed. I only share very private things with one person.
And I checked ENTJ, yes. A couple of times. But it's not it. Thanks none the less.

Ok. Why not? I predict that as ESTP, you will fuck highly more girls than before. I wish you to have fun.:newwink:

Lethe

Obsession.
MBTI Type
iNtJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
GargoylesLegacy, have you considered looking into the functions? It provides more depth than a set of binary letters (I & E; S & N; T & F; J & P) can by themselves.

==============================

• There are four categories:

N: iNtuition
S: Sensing
T: Thinking
F: Feeling

------------------------------
  • Each with extroverted and introverted counterparts:
N: Ne & Ni
S: Se & Si
T: Te & Ti
F: Fe & Fi

------------------------------
  • Depending on your type, the functions will theoretically be arranged to that order.

Example:

First four functions of an ENFJ: Fe, Ni, Se, Ti

=======================

General Descriptions from Bestfittype.com:

(Which two sounds the most naturally like you? Choose one from each box.)

INFORMATION-ACCESSING PROCESSES—Perception

Se - Extraverted Sensing: Experiencing the immediate context; taking action in the physical world; noticing changes and opportunities for action; accumulating experiences; scanning for visible reactions and relevant data; recognizing “what is.” Noticing what was available, trying on different items, and seeing how they look.

Si - Introverted Sensing: Reviewing past experiences; “what is” evoking “what was”; seeking detailed information and links to what is known; recalling stored impressions; accumulating data; recognizing the way things have always been. Remembering the last time you wore a particular item or the last time you were at a similar event—maybe even remembering how you felt then.

Ne - Extraverted iNtuiting: Interpreting situations and relationships; picking up meanings and interconnections; being drawn to change “what is” for “what could possibly be”; noticing what is not said and threads of meaning emerging across multiple contexts. Noticing the possible meanings of what you might wear: “Wearing this might communicate…”

Ni - Introverted iNtuiting: Foreseeing implications and likely effects without external data; realizing “what will be”; conceptualizing new ways of seeing things; envisioning transformations; getting an image of profound meaning or far-reaching symbols. Envisioning yourself in an outfit or maybe envisioning yourself being a certain way.

ORGANIZING-EVALUATING PROCESSES—Judgment

Te - Extraverted Thinking: Segmenting; organizing for efficiency; systematizing; applying logic; structuring; checking for consequences; monitoring for standards or specifications being met; setting boundaries, guidelines, and parameters; deciding if something is working or not. Sorting out different colors and styles; thinking about the consequences, as in “Since I have to stand all day…”

Ti - Introverted Thinking: Analyzing; categorizing; evaluating according to principles and whether something fits the framework or model; figuring out the principles on which something works; checking for inconsistencies; clarifying definitions to get more precision. Analyzing your options using principles like comfort or “Red is a power color.”

Fe - Extraverted Feeling: Connecting; considering others and the group—organizing to meet their needs and honor their values and feelings; maintaining societal, organizational, or group values; adjusting to and accommodating others; deciding if something is appropriate or acceptable to others. Considering what would be appropriate for the situation: “One should or shouldn’t wear…” or “People will think…”

Fi - Introverted Feeling: Valuing; considering importance and worth; reviewing for incongruity; evaluating something based on the truths on which it is based; clarifying values to achieve accord; deciding if something is of significance and worth standing up for. Evaluating whether you like an outfit or not: “This outfit suits me and feels right.”

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
How about INFP? That's what I thought you were before, and still do.

GargoylesLegacy

Kickin' Ass since 1984
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w9
Which two sounds the most naturally like you? Choose one from each box.
Box 1:
1. Se > Si
2. Ni = Ne

Box 2:
1. Ti = Te
2. Fe = Fi

I am not sure how this is going to help any. Especially seeing that I am not worried about my shift. Not even one bit, because it makes sense.
So let me ask nicely: Could we skip the analyzing of why and why not I switched and just stick to the main-question?

Also I assume this is not the first time in your life that you have encountered emotions. I would think that you would either deal with them the way you did in the past
Again, I used to talk about it. But it's not working anymore. And lately I kept thinking "Why should I even? It's not that people could do anything about whatever I am in anyways. I need to figure it out myself". I was / am in need for new ideas. Guess I should have said "Sooo, how does one deal with stuff if old things don't work anymore?". Even if people would still have made a bigass discussion about why or why not it is possible to change yadda yadda.

Ok. Why not? I predict that as ESTP, you will fuck highly more girls than before. I wish you to have fun.:newwink:
(Why: because I don't just share very personal stuff. And because this is not even the problem here. I just need ideas.)
*lol* Yeah, especially girls. Haha, thanks however. :D

Lethe

Obsession.
MBTI Type
iNtJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Box 1:
1. Se > Si
2. Ni = Ne

Box 2:
1. Ti = Te
2. Fe = Fi

I am not sure how this is going to help any. Especially seeing that I am not worried about my shift. Not even one bit, because it makes sense.
So let me ask nicely: Could we skip the analyzing of why and why not I switched and just stick to the main-question?

No need to ask nicely, just ask. :) (Personally, I would have much preferred, "How does this relate to the main question?" The question is entirely your choice anyway.)

The functions you score high on will help you to better relate to the type you naturally are. [Sometimes, there are many factors that influences us to develop certain skills, and momentarily, we act as another type to get by our environment.] For instance, if you are an ESTP, then you could read about how extraverted sensing (Se) behaves in a dominant preference, with introverted thinking (Ti) in the auxiliary. This will piece together the bigger picture of how and why ESTPs think and act the way they do. You may deem this information to be very revealing of your inner self, or completely the opposite. Regardless of what you find, it is potentially a useful self-discovery tool.

Most your responses towards type shifting should be self-explanatory, in terms of your expectations for this thread.

GargoylesLegacy

Kickin' Ass since 1984
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w9
Regardless of what you find, it is potentially a useful self-discovery tool.
Well, at this point I am willing to try almost anything, so I guess I will check out those functions finally. Next to reading more about xSTPs anyways.
I guess trying those things first beats randomly throwing things to the ground or so. Thanks for those.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I reaffirmed my ISTP vs ESTP today. I was just in a crazy mood today. My 14 year old niece was pushing me around Lowes on a flat bed cart while I was standing on it. The I started singing "on top of spaghetti, all covered in cheese" when I saw a bag of meatballs. Pulling my niece on the cart I swung it in circles and caused the things to fly out the bottom. I was just in one of those crazy Se moods, Then I got home and crashed on the bed.

GargoylesLegacy

Kickin' Ass since 1984
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w9
I reaffirmed my ISTP vs ESTP today. I was just in a crazy mood today. My 14 year old niece was pushing me around Lowes on a flat bed cart while I was standing on it. The I started singing "on top of spaghetti, all covered in cheese" when I saw a bag of meatballs. Pulling my niece on the cart I swung it in circles and caused the things to fly out the bottom. I was just in one of those crazy Se moods, Then I got home and crashed on the bed.
*lol* Sounds great to me. Sure looks like it was a lot of fun. :D
Guess I should give in to that stuff more. ;)

chris1207

MBTI Type
XNXX
Enneagram
3w2
You've always been the same person you always were. The fact that letters changed on a test doesn't change how or when you express your emotions. That being said if you wanted to confirm that you really are ESTP you should meet up with people that are confirmed whatevers. I've never met an ESTP I didn't like. There's a very weird bond between ENFJs and ESTPs. Also, try meeting up with an INTJ and talking about Kant and Aristotle and jurisprudence and all those other things INTJs are into.

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
Whut? Gargles? Just... whut?

The whole horseshit about types shifting, letters changing, no one can know for surez, all that--very P. More of an NP thing, but still P. The whole totally dumb idea that someone shifts type over two weeks... very, very P...

And here "very P" means you were P all along and just now came out of the closet.

Or you're an INTJ who just had Se puberty.

No one changes. It's the Law.