• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SP] What annoys you about non-SPs?

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Before I knew the types, these things annoyed me much more.. I just listed the top two genuine annoyances because I think they cover the bulk of it.

Lack of flexibility, go with the flow, lack of ability to change plans without getting whiny about it, even if it is a minor change of plans that doesn't effect much. (Of course, this is more J's than just non SP's.)

Looking too far into things.. ESPECIALLY what is said. This often causes unnecissary drama and a waste of brain power and a waste of breath. I don't mind it when people don't understand what was said, and need to clarify or get a better grasp, but a lot of people take a clear statement, or a statement or something that happened with not enough information, and then draw all these ridiculous conclusions, or "what ifs" instead of using their time wisely to ask appropriate questions to investigate the hard facts. Assuming makes an ass out of you and me. ;)

Expecting you to look into things. Not being clear, trying to communicate through facial expressions, making you read minds.. Again, not that I can't, I just don't see the point.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
But the point is, if I say "I dislike the Angus burgers at McDonald's, they taste like crap" then I don't mean "I support child slavery in Malaysia." So don't respond to my message as if that's what I said! Stop inventing things we could possibly believe in! We really just mean what we said!
:

I'm not an SP and I hate when people do that as well. I might be more literal then alot of Ns or I might really be an ISFP who knows, but usually when I say something similar that's what I mean, and their's no hidden meaning yet people keep insisting their is. McDonalds tastes bad because it does. Believe me when I don't like something it has nothing to do with how it's produced, but rather because it's nasty.

interesting I find alot of what annoys SPs also annoy me, especially the topics that are mundane and get talked to death over and over again.

rhinosaur

Just a statistic
MBTI Type
INTP
Non-SPs annoy me when they want to kill my fun, often by imposing or enforcing rules.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm annoyed that the non-SP's aren't as fun as the SP's.

SolitaryPenguin

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Lack of flexibility, go with the flow, lack of ability to change plans without getting whiny about it, even if it is a minor change of plans that doesn't effect much.

This is one for me also.

I mean, is it really the end of the frigging world if we go to a different restaurant, or don't go to a restaurant at all tonight? Are you that put out by not actually having to drive somewhere instead of chilling at home playing Scrabble? Did the three and a half hours we just wasted trying to come up with something to do that you didn't complain about seriously need to happen?

And if you don't agree with a plan of action, say something. Don't do this little *sigh* and then pout for the rest of the night, cause I would much rather leave your ass at home.

Adapt dammit! Human beings have been doing it forever.

hooray for rants

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
free spirits, here-and-now, easy to understand, open to doing fun things. Adaptable. Don't waste time on the pointless 'what-ifs' (saves a lot of false guilt and depressing thoughts!).

since I'm a non SP I have to give compliments I guess :D

man

MBTI Type
IntP
Enneagram
=)
I'm annoyed with how the two friends I hang out witht he most, an ENTP and ENTJ, always debate pointless theoretical and political shit.

I'm just like, "lol gusy lets go do somethin that actuly exciting"

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm annoyed with how the two friends I hang out witht he most, an ENTP and ENTJ, always debate pointless theoretical and political shit.

That's pretty funny. Two of my best friends are ENTP and ENTJ... and that's exactly what the do. Although when we finally do get out and going, they're loads of fun :yes:

B

brainheart

I love SPs so much I wanted to be one! And I'm married to one, too.

Steph- what you said about NTs and NFs judging you for wanting to get trashed and have fun, I don't think that's entirely accurate. INXXs, more likely. Part of the reason I thought I was an SP is because I am all about the good time and I always felt this heavy judgment from my INXX friends. My guess is because their judging function is dominant, it makes them have well-established principles and values. (For the INXJs I would say that because their judging function is extraverted, they're sure to let you know they disapprove.) Meanwhile I, with my dominant extraverted perceiving function, get a rush from experiences, often not thinking of the consequences. Maybe the difference between me and an SP is that I experience guilt about it the next day, sometimes. Do you?

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Yes, last time I got into a debate with my uncle about something he jumped on the "if everyone had that attitude then no one would do anything about it." I responded, I am one person, not everyone. Dont blame me for others.

I mean seriously, push me the wrong way and I could easily go against you and then cancel out what you believe with what I believe pushing you one step back in your crusade. The way you go about things can hurt as much as it can help.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Oh man.. I totally agree.
I hung out with an ENTP and ENTJ pair a lot.. (Its a funny, great pair!)
And it was always like... okay time to zone out and go play some guitar hero, or try to migrate them to the car to go somewhere while they talk politics..

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
What's going on here is embarrassing. Non-SP's are talking about what they like about SP's and thus ignoring the thread topic. We are doing just what they say we do! :laugh:

Jaguar

What's going on here is embarrassing. Non-SP's are talking about what they like about SP's and thus ignoring the thread topic. We are doing just what they say we do! :laugh:

HA! True. Well I love Se, and I'll say whatever I damn well please. :D

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
I don't know if it's an annoyance, because I could honestly give two shits, but I notice how people seem to talk each other in circles about every mundane topic you can think of.

Whether it's the politics forum, the relationships forum, the sex forum, people yap yap yap, and nobody listens to the other about anything and it turns into this huge pissing match about nothing. Everyone gets their panties all bunched up, someone ends up saying "Whatever, I am done with this topic" and then comes back five minutes later, and the cycle repeats itself.

For the most part, the SP's seem to stay away from such things, and just kind of hang out on the sidelines, watching the circus unfold, at least from my experience in the past two years here.

That's mainly why I avoid participating in those types of threads. I read them, sure, they're funny to watch. But there is no way I am getting involved in that happy horseshit. Have fun with your debate, I'll be over here playing ping pong, drinking a milkshake.

Damn! I totally agree with this. I have lots 'o S friends, and I really respect how many of them don't get all bogged down in hypothetical thinking, but just do something and sort out the problems as they arise. It's a good answer to procrastination and rumination.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't know if it's an annoyance, because I could honestly give two shits, but I notice how people seem to talk each other in circles about every mundane topic you can think of.

Whether it's the politics forum, the relationships forum, the sex forum, people yap yap yap, and nobody listens to the other about anything and it turns into this huge pissing match about nothing. Everyone gets their panties all bunched up, someone ends up saying "Whatever, I am done with this topic" and then comes back five minutes later, and the cycle repeats itself.

For the most part, the SP's seem to stay away from such things, and just kind of hang out on the sidelines, watching the circus unfold, at least from my experience in the past two years here.

That's mainly why I avoid participating in those types of threads. I read them, sure, they're funny to watch. But there is no way I am getting involved in that happy horseshit. Have fun with your debate, I'll be over here playing ping pong, drinking a milkshake.

The ESTPs will get involved in such argument threads. In fact they're usually hilarious to have around because they have a habit of completely missing the context and the point, but by God they still come out swinging every time! The spirit is there.

But as for the rest of us, this sort of thing is actually enjoyable, alien to you though that may seem.

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
I couldn't think of much at first, but as I started reading this thread I realized there's alot I'm annoyed by when it comes to non-SPs.

Sometimes they ask me questions about something going on and before I've even finished answering they'll draw implications about what I said and leap to a conclusion about it that I didn't even imply! And then they wonder why I get annoyed so suddenly. :doh: Not all non-SPs do this, just some, like my family. I always have to backtrack or try to get them to be quiet for a few seconds (by pausing) so that they'll actually listen to what I'm saying.

They are not as fun and spontaneous. They don't seem to be living. They don't stop and smell the flowers. They are not looking at what is going on. They don't really see the beauty of change.

I want a buddy who can ride rollercoasters. What better then a SP?
Yeah... I want a buddy who'll actually just be able to observe the wonderfulness of the weather for what it actually is instead of either ignoring it or trying to tell me what it symbolizes. I think SJs can be pretty good about observing it sometimes. SPs, and especially SFPs, seem to have more of a knack for it though.

YES! I usually scan those thread titles and just groan. I live for these SP threads and such. Those other threads make this place a chore sometimes. heh.

The ESTPs will get involved in such argument threads. In fact they're usually hilarious to have around because they have a habit of completely missing the context and the point, but by God they still come out swinging every time! The spirit is there.

But as for the rest of us, this sort of thing is actually enjoyable, alien to you though that may seem.
Yeah, I like to interject a word or two when I actually have something to say about the subject, but I get frustrated by how ten more posts get made full of TL;DR content that I'll never read and thus end up losing track of most of the discussion. This is mainly why I never responded back in that thread, the discussion just got too lengthy. :horor:

:laugh: YES! 100% agreed.

I find it slightly irritating when I want to go out and have fun, and feed my Se (Usually involving alcohol), and a few of my NF and SJ friends (who no longer go out as much or drink for whatever reason) look at me like I'm committing a crime or like I'm a little depressed girl drinking her life away. :mellow: I just want to have fun and enjoy myself sometimes! :doh: I dislike feeling judged.

Edit: I just realized that this, in addition to my avatar, are not helping my cause. Sigh.
haha. I love a good drinking girl. If we ever meet IRL, we are definitely drinking ourselves on the floor. :newwink:

That's another thing I hate. As an ESTP I like to make a good social impression so sometimes I have to filter what I say so I won't be judged by the idiots around me who imply too much about what I'm doing like as if I'm some sleazeball. :steam:

Oh man.. I totally agree.
I hung out with an ENTP and ENTJ pair a lot.. (Its a funny, great pair!)
And it was always like... okay time to zone out and go play some guitar hero, or try to migrate them to the car to go somewhere while they talk politics..
haha, one time I had to inch my ENTP friend away from an INTJ one because they were getting in a really bad argument that, though it might seem to involve something integral to some, had nothing to do with our lives and wasn't worth the havoc it was causing. I just took my keys and pocketed stuff and started walking toward the door and the ENTP and another couple friends followed.

6sticks

MBTI Type
istp
A lot of this stuff is really accurate. One of the main things that annoys me about non-SPs is their devotion to political causes. They spend so much time trying to create new laws and enforce their own beliefs on others in the name of their pet theory or for "the common good". Any time I have to deal with anything political it's always to try and minimize the effect of a law. SPs get that live and let live philosophy, the other types go for the "wouldn't it be great if everyone did this" philosophy.

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
Yeah, I'm a huge libertarian. The only thing that should be enforced is the right to life and property. Everything else can just go down the drain.

If anything, we need a better society not a bigger government.