• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] bye bye for now

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
I am very happy that I had the opportunity to be part of Typology Central.
But now, I feel that it is time for me to take a break.
I am doing it for me.
Quite honestly, I don't feel very welcome here. I write posts and the majority of them are ignored. I don't really feel the need to put time and effort into writing something that gets no response.
I was posting here instead of posting on my blog.
I have to learn to set priorities for myself.
Also, I have to admit that I find some of the threads and comments to be offensive. One that comes to mind is a thread about ESFPs being "stupid." Another that comes to mind has to do with ISTJs being "boring." These are mean things to say, and, as I don't really want mean to be part of either my "real life" or my "on line" world, I didn't even bother to comment.
I think that there are some truly very nice people here.
This message is not meant to attack any individual.
I just needed to say what I was feeling.
Feel free to PM me if you'd like to chat with me.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I am very happy that I had the opportunity to be part of Typology Central.
But now, I feel that it is time for me to take a break.
I am doing it for me.
Quite honestly, I don't feel very welcome here. I write posts and the majority of them are ignored. I don't really feel the need to put time and effort into writing something that gets no response.
I was posting here instead of posting on my blog.
I have to learn to set priorities for myself.
Also, I have to admit that I find some of the threads and comments to be offensive. One that comes to mind is a thread about ESFPs being "stupid." Another that comes to mind has to do with ISTJs being "boring." These are mean things to say, and, as I don't really want mean to be part of either my "real life" or my "on line" world, I didn't even bother to comment.
I think that there are some truly very nice people here.
This message is not meant to attack any individual.
I just needed to say what I was feeling.
Feel free to PM me if you'd like to chat with me.

I feel for you. I get ignored quite a bit to. I thought it was just me feeling ignored until someone actually commented to me that they dont understand why people ignore me when I have alot of good insight. We tend to go against the grain and sometimes for what we say to be accepted requires others to go against what they know.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Certainly a better way to say goodbye than the "BAN ME!" thread I read the other day. The guy was a nut.
I'm betting many other people, not only you, feel the same way as you. It's normal on forums that people feel ignored or unwelcome.
Anyways, good luck to you and cheers!

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
INTPs are socially inept
INFPs are whiny
INTJs are cold
INFJs are difficult
ENFJs are demanding
ENFPs are shallow
ENTJs are bossy

We all hear it about every type. Sorry you felt you were ignored.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
^ She didnt mention any SPs either. I take it as a compliment :)

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
If 'boring' is an insulting word to you, than mayhap you're making a good decision for yourself by moving on. Sorry you felt ignored.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
INTPs are socially inept

:( ... ha, just kidding. :)

...sorry to see you go, WT, although it sounds like you have some blog stuff and other priorities that are positive and hopefully that will prove themselves very meaningful to you. Thank you for investing as you have over the last year.

Since the topic is getting some play in this thread, I will share something that might surprise people since I have such a prominent role on this forumL: I often feel ignored too on forums, even if i discover later that people have a positive attitude towards me. I have left forums before myself where I did not feel I was included, even if people didn't seem to openly dislike me, just because I felt shut out of the conversations and like no one cared.

When someone responds or reps or PMs me, it is actually a big boost and helps me to know someone heard me.

Usually though I have to go with my logical understanding of things and the experience I have accumulated in regards to forums: I have come to realize that often people just don't naturally give me feedback, or that they might appreciate something I might have said but just not have a good reason to respond, or maybe they might even feel intimidated by something I wrote and think a response will not measure up, or a host of other reasons... It's hard to tell. I will just say I keep ending up being pleasantly surprised by someone who will suddenly drop a comment or respond to a post and let me know they've really appreciated my thoughts in the past... and I had no idea.

Forums just are notorious for people dumping their own stuff on a page for others to see, without giving the same sort of cues they might give someone in real life if they were meeting. I think people are more accepting/positive towards each other than what comes across, sometimes.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
^ you didn't say anything about ENTPs. Way to play favorites.

Yeah i got bored and was going to start recycling words. I also don't know as much about some of the types. It was kinda scary how the first four just flew out of my fingertips.

ENTP = ?
ESTP = Can get on my nerves sometimes? (my brother ? )
ESTJ = ?
ESFP = party animal
ESFJ = in everyone's business
ISTP = lost in their own world?
ISTJ = boring, bossy?
ISFP = ?
ISFJ = martyr

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Goodbye Walking Tourist. I liked your posts but I can't say I blame you for leaving. I wish you happiness and luck in life. :hi:

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
SPs are flighty and shallow, similar to ENFPs. You knew that Poki.;)

My image has been portrayed as I wished, my job is done;) I must go now:headphne:

To the mods. Can we get a smiley with a car peeling out and smoke coming off the back tires. Maybe a old school model t with a gremlin dude inside, ISTPs need a smiley of there own, I feel ignored gosh darn it(for those who feel offended by damn it ;) )

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
To the mods. Can we get a smiley with a car peeling out and smoke coming off the back tires. Maybe a old school model t with a gremlin dude inside, ISTPs need a smiley of there own, I feel ignored gosh darn it(for those who feel offended by damn it ;) )

if you find one for us, we'll see what we can do to add it.

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
Thank you for the responses and the good wishes.
The one-liners about the various types were funny.
See you later!
Bye bye for now!

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Feeling ignored does suck. I always think everyone is so much more into things than I am. I actually had someone say to me yesterday that they wish they had a different personality type so they could play better with the other personality types and be popular. I guess it's a person thing.

margan

MBTI Type
ISFP
Maybe its just an ISFP thing because I feel ignored by the general public all the time. But the people that care about you generally don't ignore you so that's who I focus my time on. Take care.

wolfy

awsm
Sorry to hear you're leaving.
I can understand your reasons.

I think everyone feels ignored at some point or another on the forum. People who make constructive posts are often not given feedback while biased posts generate attention. There is no way to express you have read the post without leaving a comment. I think a thumbs up/thumbs down kind of thing might work, a nod your head/shake your head function.

Anyway, Good luck.

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
See ya Walking Tourist!

I know I often appreciate a lot of good posts without ever actually acknowledging them, so I can see how you could feel like that on a forum.

The best way to get noticed/acknowledged on the internet is to be completely wrong and unreasonable about something.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
alright here's the thing I'm not going to sugar coat and be like oh I'm sorry, but everyone feels ignored at times and 90% of my posts are probably not replied to, but I get that people have free will and not everyone may have a reply hell maybe no ones does, but it doesn't mean they don't read your posts (ok I don't, but I don't read most people's posts and I honestly don't know where you post normally) but I'm sure people do read your posts and liked them. the fact that you aren't even on my radar means I don't hate you.