• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] ESFP on INTP

mibnelius

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I'm curious to know what ESFPs think [generally] about those of the INTP temperament. I think I know one ESFP, and I'd love to get inside their head.

A couple specific questions:

* What is your take on the INTP's fixation on technology?

* Would you be able to spend a day locked alone in a room with an INTP? (why/why not)

* Are you put off by INTPs' objectivity and detachment?

* Would you appreciate somebody telling you something directly, or do you prefer a less blunt method of communication?

5 imaginary bucks to the person who comes up with the purpose of these questions :p

Thanks

INTJ123

HAHHAHHAH!
MBTI Type
ESFP
I'm curious to know what ESFPs think [generally] about those of the INTP temperament. I think I know one ESFP, and I'd love to get inside their head.

* Would you be able to spend a day locked alone in a room with an INTP? (why/why not)

* Would you appreciate somebody telling you something directly, or do you prefer a less blunt method of communication?

5 imaginary bucks to the person who comes up with the purpose of these questions :p

Thanks

Since my best friend is esfp and I'm intx I'll try to answer in the place of one.
1. I don't mind your fixation on technology, I'm glad when you can help me out with my broken tech stuff. (I even fixed his air conditioner this weekend and he screamed "there is a god!!" when it worked. I help him with his car a lot too)
2. I'd get really bored because of their quietness and my extroversion needs. I can survive it, but I wouldn't want to spend a day locked with you.
3. A little bit, sometimes it's frustrating when you don't see the emotional aspects of a situation, and you become aloof.
4. I like being told things directly, clearly, and with good explanation. (however from my experience I recommend being careful in sensitive situations involving people they care about most of the time, other things can be dealt with directly and bluntly)

I don't know the purpose of your questions but it probably involves being around and getting along with an esfp in your life?

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Its whatever. A bit silly in my mind, but whatever floats your boat. I get bored during INTP technology conversations.

Yea definitely. I've had 2 INTP boyfriends and a lot of INTP friends, so I imagine that I've been in a room alone for a day with an INTP already! Why? I don't know, I just don't see a problem with it.

I don't find INTP's to be that detached. I find them pretty warm and cordial as far as NT's are concerned. As far as objectivity, I don't see where someone could be put off by that, since its a positive trait.

Directly, of course. Clear English is my language of choice.
And actually sometimes I find this to be a fault of the INTP's, some of them are not as direct as I would like them to be.

You want to be in her pants?

KarenParker

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram

Thanks

1. I didn't know they had a fixation on technology. All the INTPs I know are either fixated on nature or coming up with creative ideas for things.

2. I could spend a day locked in a room with an INTP but there's some kind of wall in between us. Because I can't get to their emotions and so I don't see the relationship as very deep or meaningful or useful to me. I could have fun having intellectual discussions with them, and I have but I feel like that isn't the most fun thing for me to do. I prefer to do intellectual things on my own and not boast about it.

3. I don't care about objectivity. The detachment makes them boring to me. And like the relationship could only be a fling and nothing deeper because in relationships I need an emotional connection and emotional fulfillment which they can't give. They need intellectual stimulation and an intellectual connection and I couldn't give that to them in the way they need it.

4. Telling me directly what? If it's a criticism, you better say it in the least accusatory, most careful way you can or I'll get my feelings hurt and either withdraw or give you a taste of your own medicine. I don't like things being up in the air though. None of that vague N stuff. If you want something from me, use examples and details step by step.

5. You want to get in her pants.

slant

MBTI Type
TOTO
Damn, I was thinking something else about "ESFP on INTP"

If it ever happened, I'd imagine it would be quite the sight.

Unique

ESFPs have chased me before and seem really into INTPs

They usually say things like "how do you come up with these things teehehe"

slant

MBTI Type
TOTO
It seems like there are a limited amount of activites you can do with an ESFP. Stereotypically they include: performing musical activites (like performing a song the ESFP wrote out of some sappy poetry journal entry of theirs) at a local coffeehouse, raving, sex, sharing feelings, crying, going clubbing

With an INTP: Studying for a test (age irrelevant, all INTPs will take forever to complete school due to their innate ability to be without learning), conversing strongly about a political topic with no mercy finding fallacies in every arguement sometimes taking devil's advocate just because they can, playing chess, lounging around in their house until they run out of food or have to go to work/class --- essentially avoiding all human contact, cleaning their glasses since I assume most INTPs wear um' since they read so many text books.

Now, they could attempt to share the act of sex, but INTPs don't have sex. They are simply too interested in knowledge and detached from things. I have absolutely no idea why an ESFP would like an INTP, besides perhaps fansination that will melt when they realise they don't understand 95% of what the INTP is babbling about ( probably some scientific theory explained in math formulas) and an INTP would be tramatized if they went out clubbing with the ESFP, most likely being mauled by people that are lovin the E.

Unique

It seems like there are a limited amount of activites you can do with an ESFP. Stereotypically they include: performing musical activites (like performing a song the ESFP wrote out of some sappy poetry journal entry of theirs) at a local coffeehouse, raving, sex, sharing feelings, crying, going clubbing

With an INTP: Studying for a test (age irrelevant, all INTPs will take forever to complete school due to their innate ability to be without learning), conversing strongly about a political topic with no mercy finding fallacies in every arguement sometimes taking devil's advocate just because they can, playing chess, lounging around in their house until they run out of food or have to go to work/class --- essentially avoiding all human contact, cleaning their glasses since I assume most INTPs wear um' since they read so many text books.

Now, they could attempt to share the act of sex, but INTPs don't have sex. They are simply too interested in knowledge and detached from things. I have absolutely no idea why an ESFP would like an INTP, besides perhaps fansination that will melt when they realise they don't understand 95% of what the INTP is babbling about ( probably some scientific theory explained in math formulas) and an INTP would be tramatized if they went out clubbing with the ESFP, most likely being mauled by people that are lovin the E.

You indeed have a very stereotyped view of INTPs, I personally am more interested in linguistics than maths and the other INTP I know has an ESFP GF and is more musical minded (He makes music with FL studio and is very good.)

HomerSoprano

MBTI Type
INTP
Directly, of course. Clear English is my language of choice.
And actually sometimes I find this to be a fault of the INTP's, some of them are not as direct as I would like them to be.

That´s because we´re to afraid/shy to speak directly about what´s on our minds. We fear rejection more than others. But on the other hand we can be very direct with people we know and trust.

sofmarhof

MBTI Type
INTP

+ Get high and watch Role Models.

I'm bowing before your avatar, btw.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Maybe its just me, but the bolded sounds a little anti ESFP. Sappy poetry journal entries? Since when do most esfp's have journals? Let alone write sappy poetry?? (Points in the direction of INF threads.)

Not sure what kinds of esfps you've been running into!!

Can't argue with the non bolded though.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You indeed have a very stereotyped view of INTPs, I personally am more interested in linguistics than maths and the other INTP I know has an ESFP GF and is more musical minded (He makes music with FL studio and is very good.)

Yea, +1.
Would like to hear this man's synopsis on other types. Inaccurate even if we were trying to make basic stereotypes, I think. Could make for some interesting entertainment.

computerdisplay

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4

thats interesting, now that I think about it, Im the only INTP I know that doesnt wear glasses (but I doubt its relevant)...INTPs love sex, its part of the Si function and its developement since its the tertiary one, and one important things, not all INTPs like math or formulas, they like THEORIES, they can be found "analyzing" hollywood couples, phylosofic concepts, literature, me for example, Im not really a big fan of math, not because of the complexity, but its something one is FORCED to do, a lot of INTPs will HATE school and/or jobs because they disagree with the system and find it boring, or at least will complain constantly about it, the guys studying for tests and stuff are usually INTJs (of course, some DO like math and school), INTPs understand "how society works" sometimes better than any other type, if they aply their extraverted iNtuition, they will easily manipulate an ESFP and avoid "boring" subjects in order to get what they want, just as easily as an INTJ would, but get tired after a while, bring out the boring theories again (an INTJ would not give up) and the ESFP will run away instantly and go sleep with a Chuck Norris-like ISTP perphaphs.

personaly...INTP-ENFJ/P relationships are a lot more fun.

McRumi

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
Bored ISTPs just like to cause a commotion that they can later fix. Go wash some dishes!