• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Women ISTP/ESTPs

jixmixfix

Permabanned
hmm rule of thumb if you ask girls to talk about themselves they will talk ALLLOTTT LOL.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
OMG! I think we're more related than most siblings are!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE traveling.
I used to be in art class, and pencil was my favorite!
Video games, check! (I have a gaming PC, a Wii, a DS Lite and an Xbox! For the record, I'm TERRIBLE at finishing games.)
Computers, check!
Wild time with friends and alcohol, check!
Having fun, check!

I also did Math/Stats!! There are so few girls in the field, I thought I was alone!
As long as I think I can solve it, I like problems! The ridiculous unatainable ones end up pissing me off. Altho if I have a fun team to work with it can still be fun.
And now I'm a programmer. I took 1/2 of a class in college (dropped at the midterm) and I hated it because the teacher was AWFUL. Now, however, I like it, altho I don't do it on the side...just to pay the bills.

Sitting at the zoo and watching the monkeys is soooo much fun :D
If I had a pet, it would be a cat. I've had fish before and they're boring after the first 2 weeks (when changing the water is a chore).

I've always been decent at sports, but I never played much. I don't like the dependence that the whole team has on me. I did track for a bit and that was kinda fun. Recently I've been riding my bike for *some* source of exercise since I sit in a cube all day.
Baseball is the lamest sport ever. I LOVE watching football. Basketball and soccer are alright if I have a team to root for or a fun crowd to watch with.

I was DEFINITELY a tomboy. I got my first bit of makeup when I was 17, right before senior year of high school. It was all very neutral colors, very comfortable. My mom almost had a heart attack when she found out I used money on makeup because "you don't neeeeed any! you have great skin and great color!"....but I wanted it :(
I'm still a bit of a tomboy, but I wear my hair down for work, I blow it dry in the mornings, it's straight. I have to dress up a LITTLE for work, so I've expanded my wardrobe beyond tshirts and polos. I really dress pretty plainly for work tho...that is until someone bitched about the SEAMS on my pants...I dressed up like I was going to a night club for a week :p I got tired of that...planning outfits takes way too long, especially when adhereing to dresscode *and* working with my wardrobe. I went back to plain comfy clothes. I wear Merrell shoes because they're super comfy and they fall within dresscode...certainly not fancy ;)

As soon as I get home, the work clothes come off and I throw on pj pants and a tshirt. If I hang out with friends (say at someone's house), I'm probably in jeans and a tshirt (probably from shirt.woot.com). If we go out to a bar I'll put on a nicer shirt and throw some makeup on (if there's enough time I'll do a decent job, otherwise it's just mascara and lip gloss).

ok, now on to answering to the OP instead of responding to this post.

I love adrenaline rushes. Skydiving FTW. I've only done it once and I can't wait to do it again. Roller coasters ftw too! I also like water parks!

I like building Erector sets...but that hobby is expensive, so I've let up on it. I went through a phase last year when I couldn't stop buying them, tho. I kinda like legos. Sometimes they get boring. Lincoln logs were fun.

I said it before, but I've been biking a lot recently. I have a plain mountain bike that I use on a nice paved trail here. I really want a road bike, but those are expensive... Stupid expenses.

I'm pretty terrible at saving money in my checking account, so I have some of my paycheck go into a savings account automatically so I don't even see it. Out of sight, out of mind.

Ok, this sounds weird, but I like reading about serial killers. Their psychology is terribly interesting. I guess it's because it's so extreme. The way they were brought up and the way they've reacted to it by killing people is just so bizarre!

Aaaaaaaaaand someday I want to drive in a racecar and paraglide and surf and get good at snowboarding (I've never lived near mountains *and* snow).

I'm pretty terrified to skydrive I won't lie seems like something i ould want to do when I reach my mid-life crisis. I'm surprised to see how ISTPS don't have one set of hobby, I've been in love with martial arts for a very long time now. I guess most "P's" aren't so fixed on one thing.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
Do I have hobbies/ interests? Sure... but I don't think it comes as naturally to me as, say, Fi types. But I LOVE to travel (especially the beach), I've always loved art (mostly pencil drawing), reading, movies, horse-back riding, video-games, computers, having a wild time with my friends (usually involving liquor), and just having fun and enjoying myself in general. I was a mathematical statistics major, and believe it or not, I've always enjoyed that kind of thing. I like problem solving... they're like puzzles! Programming, although I only took 1 course, was really interesting to me too. I'm obsessed with zoos and aquariums, since I have an extreme empathy for animals. I try to go to the zoo in every city I go to. I treat my cat like she's my child. People seem to be amused when I interact with animals because it's a very gooey side of me. I'm kind of a sucky ISTP when it comes to sports/physical activities. I've always been pretty capable, I just never pursued anything due to lack of interest. I'd like to though. Skiing and horse-back riding is as far as I've gotten, and I've enjoyed both. When I was younger, my dad put me on a baseball team and basketball team. Baseball was too boring to me. I liked moving around on the basketball court, but I was too small. And didn't like playing by the rules. I was a point guard, and the concept of "fouling" was beyond me at the age of 11. I would just hurl my entire body at whoever had the ball. There was another point guard that was almost as bad as me. We were both like... 65 lbs. One time we hurled ourselves at this beast of a chick and made her cry. :devil: Haha.. I know that's so bad, but it was kind of a cool feeling for a munchkin. So long story short, I sat out a lot. I keep telling myself I'm going to go pick up tennis or something. But I'm pretty violent. I'd probably throw my racket at my opponent if I got pissed.

Seems to me like most ISTP girls were tomboys ahahah and what's with ISTPS and computers/video games that seems to be too common. I can't stand Math i'm really bad at it, I frggin love aquariums seing different styles of fish always fascinated me.

man

MBTI Type
IntP
Enneagram
=)
i love the vidya game, living fast, and dying young!!!

Clonester

MBTI Type
ENFP
The ESTP girl I know is definitely a tomboy. She'll play soccer and football and volleyball and she'll try pretty much every sport. Loves to hike and run and stuff like that. But she hates video games, and doesn't watch movies (who doesn't watch movies?) or TV.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
The ESTP girl I know is definitely a tomboy. She'll play soccer and football and volleyball and she'll try pretty much every sport. Loves to hike and run and stuff like that. But she hates video games, and doesn't watch movies (who doesn't watch movies?) or TV.

Tv sucks. I rather be involved with the world.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm pretty terrified to skydrive I won't lie seems like something i ould want to do when I reach my mid-life crisis.

It's not that scary. I was more nervous thinking of doing it a few days before. But when I got there and got in the plane - I was kind of surprised that I wasn't nervous at all. It was strange. I was nervous about the rickety plane. I remember thinking, "I'm sure glad I have this parachute on!"

It's super fast at first then it's actually really peaceful when the canopy opens. It's like you're the only person in the world and the only thing you can hear is the wind flapping through the chute and you can see for miles. Pretty awesome. Why wait for mid-life?

mcmartinez84

MBTI Type
ISTP
It's not that scary. I was more nervous thinking of doing it a few days before. But when I got there and got in the plane - I was kind of surprised that I wasn't nervous at all. It was strange. I was nervous about the rickety plane. I remember thinking, "I'm sure glad I have this parachute on!"

It's super fast at first then it's actually really peaceful when the canopy opens. It's like you're the only person in the world and the only thing you can hear is the wind flapping through the chute and you can see for miles. Pretty awesome. Why wait for mid-life?

I got nervous when I saw other people jump out of the plane before me. WHOOOOOOSH! WHOOOOOSH! WHOOOOSH! Me on the inside: EEEEEEEEEEEP!

It was pretty much the same after that tho - we tumbled out backwards, did a couple of flips and then flattened out, then let the parachute go and boy was that cool!! You really are the only people on the planet at that point. (I went tandem attached to an instructor.) Nothing else matters :)

slant

MBTI Type
TOTO
Yada yada yada, yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada?

Yada yada yada yada.... yada, yada yada yada. Yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada.Yada yada yada, yada yada yada yada. Yada yada. Yada yada yada yada yada? Yada yada yada yada, yada yada;yada yada yada. Yada yada yada yada yada yada: Yada yada yada yada yada, yada yada yada.

Yeah, you chatterboxes you.

*points fingers every whichway*

rhinosaur

Just a statistic
MBTI Type
INTP
Protip
When you go skydiving for the first time, don't eat two sausage egg McMuffins beforehand. Especially when you're tethered to another person who can't run away, and you're not sure which way the wind is going to take it. :sick:

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
I want to skydive a few times and then I want to try this:

[YOUTUBE="ttz5oPpF1Js"]Wingsuit (AKA Flying Squirrel Suit)[/YOUTUBE]

Yeaaaahhh boyyyyy!! :rock: :bananallama: :rock:

Kingfisher

full of love
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
I want to skydive a few times and then I want to try this:

yeah, definitely! wingsuits look badass.

i have never been skydiving, but i have been base-jumping several times. i love base jumping, it is pretty thrilling. i think the prolonged free-fall of skydiving would be exciting, but i do like the proximity that's involved in base-jumping.

have you guys heard of the guy who base-jumped off the Christ the Redeemer statue in Rio de Janerio? that would be incredible, i think. here's a video of him:

[YOUTUBE="1Tgzb6DuOoY"]christ the redeemer jump[/YOUTUBE]

B

brainheart

Crap, here it comes again...

Could I be an ISTP? (I'm a female, by the way. That's why I'm bringing it up on this thread.)

Potential evidence:

1. Would purposely ride my bike at full speed into ditches as a kid, just to see what would happen.
2. Used to free climb because I didn't want to 'deal' with all the ropes.
3. Used to want to be a professional snowboarder. Love pointing full speed off cornices.
4. I am quite analytical. I like to research. I feel the need to be an expert in whatever I am dealing with.
5. The other day our neighbor noticed a hawk in our backyard. My first inclination was to be skeptical: "probably a turkey vulture. she doesn't know the proper name for anything. she's always calling hornets 'bees'." But then I asked her specific descriptive questions, instantly said. "probably a sharp-shinned hawk. Potentially a juvenile." I proceeded to head out with my bird guide. Turns out I was right.
6. I love taking things apart, solving problems, the 'MacGyver moments'. Not one to be a shoulder to cry on. But if I can think of a way to help you, I will.
7. I am typically not a touchy-feely person. (Unless I'm drunk and punching you in the shoulder.)
8. I am ridiculously competitive.
9. Very dry, potentially abrasive sense of humor. Live for one-liners.
10. Have been called the 'male' in my relationship by therapists, due to I guess my emotional distance, and immense need for 'space'.

But...

1. I love art, music, literature.
2. I have a completely irrational love for nature. If someone steps on a bug I want to punch that person in the stomach.
3. I get very emotional when moved by something aesthetically-pleasing.
4. I could care less about most sports, especially football. (I enjoy watching baseball, tennis, and soccer sometimes- but typically, not interested.)
5. I suck at math and lose interest in anything overly technical.

Don't know. Any insight would be helpful.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You just sound SP brain. I relate to your post almost in full with the essence of it.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
Crap, here it comes again...

Could I be an ISTP? (I'm a female, by the way. That's why I'm bringing it up on this thread.)

Potential evidence:

1. Would purposely ride my bike at full speed into ditches as a kid, just to see what would happen.
2. Used to free climb because I didn't want to 'deal' with all the ropes.
3. Used to want to be a professional snowboarder. Love pointing full speed off cornices.
4. I am quite analytical. I like to research. I feel the need to be an expert in whatever I am dealing with.
5. The other day our neighbor noticed a hawk in our backyard. My first inclination was to be skeptical: "probably a turkey vulture. she doesn't know the proper name for anything. she's always calling hornets 'bees'." But then I asked her specific descriptive questions, instantly said. "probably a sharp-shinned hawk. Potentially a juvenile." I proceeded to head out with my bird guide. Turns out I was right.
6. I love taking things apart, solving problems, the 'MacGyver moments'. Not one to be a shoulder to cry on. But if I can think of a way to help you, I will.
7. I am typically not a touchy-feely person. (Unless I'm drunk and punching you in the shoulder.)
8. I am ridiculously competitive.
9. Very dry, potentially abrasive sense of humor. Live for one-liners.
10. Have been called the 'male' in my relationship by therapists, due to I guess my emotional distance, and immense need for 'space'.

But...

1. I love art, music, literature.
2. I have a completely irrational love for nature. If someone steps on a bug I want to punch that person in the stomach.
3. I get very emotional when moved by something aesthetically-pleasing.
4. I could care less about most sports, especially football. (I enjoy watching baseball, tennis, and soccer sometimes- but typically, not interested.)
5. I suck at math and lose interest in anything overly technical.

Don't know. Any insight would be helpful.

Have you took any of the tests?

jixmixfix

Permabanned
yeah, definitely! wingsuits look badass.

i have never been skydiving, but i have been base-jumping several times. i love base jumping, it is pretty thrilling. i think the prolonged free-fall of skydiving would be exciting, but i do like the proximity that's involved in base-jumping.

have you guys heard of the guy who base-jumped off the Christ the Redeemer statue in Rio de Janerio? that would be incredible, i think. here's a video of him:

[YOUTUBE="1Tgzb6DuOoY"]christ the redeemer jump[/YOUTUBE]

Woah he took out his shoot really early. Isn't that kind of dangerous?

jixmixfix

Permabanned
Yada yada yada, yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada?

Yada yada yada yada.... yada, yada yada yada. Yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada.Yada yada yada, yada yada yada yada. Yada yada. Yada yada yada yada yada? Yada yada yada yada, yada yada;yada yada yada. Yada yada yada yada yada yada: Yada yada yada yada yada, yada yada yada.

Yeah, you chatterboxes you.

*points fingers every whichway*

Did you ever know that you're my hero,
and everything I would like to be?
I can fly higher than an eagle,
for you are the wind beneath my wings......

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Sky diving, sure. It's on my to do list. Base jumping, maybe. Rock climbing? Yeah, I've been meaning to pick that up forever.... but this just gives me a heart attack:

[YOUTUBE="Fpm0m6bVfrM"]Speed climbing[/YOUTUBE]

:shocking: :sick:

The idea that he probably -IS- an STP (or possibly ENTP), makes me feel like the wimpiest ISTP ever.