• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Women ISTP/ESTPs

jixmixfix

Permabanned
What are your hobbies/interests? were you considered typical tom boys? Does anyone know or have relatives who are women ISTP/ESTPs?

slant

MBTI Type
TOTO
I have very few interests and hobbies. I have been called a tomboy before but not often. Online I am very commonly mistaken as a male.

No, I don't have an female istp/estp relatives.

Interests? Uhhh, whatever I feel like in the spur of the moment. It's hard to pin point my interests I pretty much am indifferent to everything. Traveling. Doing new things I haven't done before. Learning new information, but not getting 'too detailed' about it.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
I have very few interests and hobbies. I have been called a tomboy before but not often. Online I am very commonly mistaken as a male.

No, I don't have an female istp/estp relatives.

Interests? Uhhh, whatever I feel like in the spur of the moment. It's hard to pin point my interests I pretty much am indifferent to everything. Traveling. Doing new things I haven't done before. Learning new information, but not getting 'too detailed' about it.

I thought you were a man too... lol

slant

MBTI Type
TOTO
I don't know if that's so much my personality type or my sexuality shining through, or both.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
OOoOOOO, does that mean you're a lesbian?

If I ever were to settle down with a woman, she most definitely would have to be an ISTP. :yes:

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
so you're an ISTP lesbian?
Who?

slant, or me?

I'm an ENFP aspiring lesbian who would hypothetically be deeply attracted to an ISTP lesbian.

The only lesbians I am ever attracted to are ITs.

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
Oooh I second that CC. If I was a lesbian I'd totally want an ISTP woman :heart:

I know one in real life. I wouldn't describe her as tomboyish. She's icy and blunt, but very stylish and seems to have random bursts of affection and warmth. I don't know what kinds of hobbies she has other than going to raves, as she's a very private person.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
I lurrve getting to know private people, it's like decoding an intricately locked secret treasure box. :)

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't know if I can speak here totally but fuck it. I've tested ISTP enough times. I enjoy being around my friends. But not necessarily interacting with them all the time. I think that's what I love about my friends. The fact that I can be quiet and not be bothered and then I can join in conversations willy-nilly and they accept it and me without question. I can't tell you how much this means to me.

I love being in crowds. Especially where there's a lot of energy. Like concerts, etc. I almost get a 'high' off this. Also, I love anything I haven't done before. I'll try anything once and yes...sometimes twice. Just to make sure I don't like it. ;) I don't know. Whatever else. I love it when someone can teach me something new.

As far as hobbies: I am learning the fiddle. I was on a roller derby team for a while. I had to quit when I got my 2nd job. Hmm...I love motorcycles. Dunno.

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
The only lesbians I am ever attracted to are ITs.
So you treat them like objects? I WANNA WATCH! :drool:

I love being in crowds. Especially where there's a lot of energy. Like concerts, etc. I almost get a 'high' off this.
Me too!

As far as hobbies: I am learning the fiddle. I was on a roller derby team for a while. I had to quit when I got my 2nd job. Hmm...I love motorcycles. Dunno.
Roller derby chicks ftw :happy2: :heart:

Clonester

MBTI Type
ENFP
An unanswered question from another thread:

I've read that ESTP men go aggressively after women they like. What about ESTP women? Do they do this, or does it take time for them to trust a guy and like him enough to commit to a relationship?

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
An unanswered question from another thread:

I've read that ESTP men go aggressively after women they like.

This is 100% true, my whole life I have been this way, and I've never been turned down by a lady that I fancied enough to pursue. :happy: We lay it on thick, and sweep girls off their feet. I'll say this is romantic, while pessimists will say it's "manipulative." Meh.

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
This is 100% true, my whole life I have been this way, and I've never been turned down by a lady that I fancied enough to pursue. :happy: We lay it on thick, and sweep girls off their feet. I'll say this is romantic, while pessimists will say it's "manipulative." Meh.

Hey, you know what they say! All's fair in love and war! :yes:

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Do I have hobbies/ interests? Sure... but I don't think it comes as naturally to me as, say, Fi types. But I LOVE to travel (especially the beach), I've always loved art (mostly pencil drawing), reading, movies, horse-back riding, video-games, computers, having a wild time with my friends (usually involving liquor), and just having fun and enjoying myself in general. I was a mathematical statistics major, and believe it or not, I've always enjoyed that kind of thing. I like problem solving... they're like puzzles! Programming, although I only took 1 course, was really interesting to me too. I'm obsessed with zoos and aquariums, since I have an extreme empathy for animals. I try to go to the zoo in every city I go to. I treat my cat like she's my child. People seem to be amused when I interact with animals because it's a very gooey side of me. I'm kind of a sucky ISTP when it comes to sports/physical activities. I've always been pretty capable, I just never pursued anything due to lack of interest. I'd like to though. Skiing and horse-back riding is as far as I've gotten, and I've enjoyed both. When I was younger, my dad put me on a baseball team and basketball team. Baseball was too boring to me. I liked moving around on the basketball court, but I was too small. And didn't like playing by the rules. I was a point guard, and the concept of "fouling" was beyond me at the age of 11. I would just hurl my entire body at whoever had the ball. There was another point guard that was almost as bad as me. We were both like... 65 lbs. One time we hurled ourselves at this beast of a chick and made her cry. :devil: Haha.. I know that's so bad, but it was kind of a cool feeling for a munchkin. So long story short, I sat out a lot. I keep telling myself I'm going to go pick up tennis or something. But I'm pretty violent. I'd probably throw my racket at my opponent if I got pissed.

I was a tomboy as a little girl. I have a vague memory of playing with two little boys that were my next door neighbors. Whenever we played house, I insisted on being the "husband" and the younger brother be the "wife." :laugh: He would complain so much, but I would hear nothing different. Hahaha.. I was a bully sometimes. Now? Eh, I wouldn't consider myself a tomboy, even though my friends say I have a "guy" laid-back attitude. I feel feminine enough, I'm just an ISTP... and don't have an extreme amount of interest in having what are stereotypically "girl thoughts" (although I'm not completely immune to them at all times). On average days, I dress low-key... jeans and a tee-shirt or tank top, hair up. But anytime I'm interacting more than one or two people, I like to look nice and feminine (Still jeans though :tongue:). I've always loved make-up (used to want to be a make-up artist, along with a million other professions). And playing with my hair is fun too. So, yeah, it's feminine, but it's more of an art form/skill to me.

And no... no relative STPs. Do have a best girl friend that's an ESTP, though. So on that note, I'll answer your question for her, Clonester. Yes. She aggressively pursues guys. She has little to no interest in guys she doesn't see "a challenge." It's a little exasperating to watch. I'm like: "Cara.... that guy -LIKES- you. He's cute, sweet, and seems like an overall nice guy."
Cara: ".... ehhh...."

So again, she goes after unattainable guys, whether they're just assholes that don't want to be involved, or guys moving away and not wanting to get involved, or guys that cheat all the time. There's not been one guy she's pursued I've approved of, but I know it's useless to try to give her a hard time about it. Trust me, I've tried for years. Once, she had what she wanted to be a "friends with benefits" with a guy she had a huge crush on. This guy had nothing to offer other than the fact he did not seem interested in having a relationship. She tried to be laid-back about it, but would flip out every once in a while when he did something like make out with some random chick. The guy was a complete ass. I kept trying to tell her the golden rule for being friends with benefits: If you want more, it's not gonna work. She claimed she didn't, but it was quite apparent she did. Or at least "to win." It took her a year or two for her to finally get over it... come to think of it... all of these pursuits of hers are really long-lasting, mostly because they're not going to change, and she's not going to give up. :mellow: I on the other hand, prefer not wasting my time on people I see as a lost cause.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I have a friend who I think may be ISTP. She's not a tomboy in her outward appearance but she has this unshakable belief that she can do anything and she just ...goes for it. In her mind, there is nothing that is insurmountable. It's pretty admirable. She's also very attuned to details and never misses a beat.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Do I have hobbies/ interests? Sure... but I don't think it comes as naturally to me as, say, Fi types. But I LOVE to travel (especially the beach), I've always loved art (mostly pencil drawing), reading, movies, horse-back riding, video-games, computers, having a wild time with my friends (usually involving liquor), and just having fun and enjoying myself in general. I was a mathematical statistics major, and believe it or not, I've always enjoyed that kind of thing. I like problem solving... they're like puzzles! Programming, although I only took 1 course, was really interesting to me too. I'm obsessed with zoos and aquariums, since I have an extreme empathy for animals. I try to go to the zoo in every city I go to. I treat my cat like she's my child. People seem to be amused when I interact with animals because it's a very gooey side of me. I'm kind of a sucky ISTP when it comes to sports/physical activities. I've always been pretty capable, I just never pursued anything due to lack of interest. I'd like to though. Skiing and horse-back riding is as far as I've gotten, and I've enjoyed both. When I was younger, my dad put me on a baseball team and basketball team. Baseball was too boring to me. I liked moving around on the basketball court, but I was too small. And didn't like playing by the rules. I was a point guard, and the concept of "fouling" was beyond me at the age of 11. I would just hurl my entire body at whoever had the ball. There was another point guard that was almost as bad as me. We were both like... 65 lbs. One time we hurled ourselves at this beast of a chick and made her cry. :devil: Haha.. I know that's so bad, but it was kind of a cool feeling for a munchkin. So long story short, I sat out a lot. I keep telling myself I'm going to go pick up tennis or something. But I'm pretty violent. I'd probably throw my racket at my opponent if I got pissed.

I was a tomboy as a little girl. I have a vague memory of playing with two little boys that were my next door neighbors. Whenever we played house, I insisted on being the "husband" and the younger brother be the "wife." :laugh: He would complain so much, but I would hear nothing different. Hahaha.. I was a bully sometimes. Now? Eh, I wouldn't consider myself a tomboy, even though my friends say I have a "guy" laid-back attitude. I feel feminine enough, I'm just an ISTP... and don't have an extreme amount of interest in having what are stereotypically "girl thoughts" (although I'm not completely immune to them at all times). On average days, I dress low-key... jeans and a tee-shirt or tank top, hair up. But anytime I'm interacting more than one or two people, I like to look nice and feminine (Still jeans though :tongue:). I've always loved make-up (used to want to be a make-up artist, along with a million other professions). And playing with my hair is fun too. So, yeah, it's feminine, but it's more of an art form/skill to me.

And no... no relative STPs. Do have a best girl friend that's an ESTP, though. So on that note, I'll answer your question for her, Clonester. Yes. She aggressively pursues guys. She has little to no interest in guys she doesn't see "a challenge." It's a little exasperating to watch. I'm like: "Cara.... that guy -LIKES- you. He's cute, sweet, and seems like an overall nice guy."
Cara: ".... ehhh...."

So again, she goes after unattainable guys, whether they're just assholes that don't want to be involved, or guys moving away and not wanting to get involved, or guys that cheat all the time. There's not been one guy she's pursued I've approved of, but I know it's useless to try to give her a hard time about it. Trust me, I've tried for years. Once, she had what she wanted to be a "friends with benefits" with a guy she had a huge crush on. This guy had nothing to offer other than the fact he did not seem interested in having a relationship. She tried to be laid-back about it, but would flip out every once in a while when he did something like make out with some random chick. The guy was a complete ass. I kept trying to tell her the golden rule for being friends with benefits: If you want more, it's not gonna work. She claimed she didn't, but it was quite apparent she did. Or at least "to win." It took her a year or two for her to finally get over it... come to think of it... all of these pursuits of hers are really long-lasting, mostly because they're not going to change, and she's not going to give up. :mellow: I on the other hand, prefer not wasting my time on people I see as a lost cause.
What a lovely, and insightful passage!

My sister is an ESTJ, who is quite classically "masculine" in many ways, yet, like you, or maybe not like you, she looks incredibly feminine. (I think you're more feminine looking and acting than she is), could it be the ITP thing, vs. the EST thing? I dunno. Like your best friend, she too aggressively pursues guys, and often times they are schmucks. :/

My best friend in high school was a female INTJ, and my current best friend is a female INTP. While my perpetual ex/boyfriend is an ISTP.

To my knowledge, I have never intimately met a female ISTP, but as evidenced in your passage, as well as through my observations of you (pl) on this forum, I think you're a highly intriguing lot. I'm like allergic to drama, and it seems that ISTPs, in general, are allergic to it too.

Also, tomboyish girls for the epic win! ;)

slant

MBTI Type
TOTO
No, I'm a homoromantic asexual.

Pretty much, same thing.

rhinosaur

Just a statistic
MBTI Type
INTP
@StephMC939 Holy wall of text, batman, are you sure you're not an ESFP? :p