• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Women ISTP/ESTPs

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
No, I'm a homoromantic asexual.
So if a really hot girl came on to you, in an appropriate context/environment, you'd say nay?

Homoromantic asexual, wow, you learn something new each day!

:wubbie:

slant

MBTI Type
TOTO
Normally I just say I'm asexual because it's usually too hard to explain. :/

and then I get into arguements, and then people call names, and then I logically deconstruct the names and the eventually it just turns into a war or robot vs religion and it sux balls

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
I am intrigued by human asexuality, but you specified that you were a homoromantic one.

I must infer that somewhere inside of you, you at times think about being with women, but rarely if ever masturbate, or execute your fantasies into reality?

slant

MBTI Type
TOTO
No.

I just that a relationship with the same sex has a lot less barriers. You have the same body parts, so what's the biggie? You can focus on other things, like each other as a person. I don't object to relationships with the opposite sex, it's just that there always tends to be a lot more friction I noticed and I really don't like that.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
No.

I just that a relationship with the same sex has a lot less barriers. You have the same body parts, so what's the biggie? You can focus on other things, like each other as a person. I don't object to relationships with the opposite sex, it's just that there always tends to be a lot more friction I noticed and I really don't like that.
Yeah, but which sex are you more sexual attracted to?

Logically speaking, I too, would love to be in a lesbian relationship, but I find myself more compelled to be with men. Does that make sense?

Sorry for the derail. :/

slant

MBTI Type
TOTO
hm.

No, it doesn't make much sense. I don't really feel compelled to be with anyone. I just logically would prefer females for the above reasons stated. I've never actually met someone whom being in a relationship with would be any different than just being friends with them.

slant

MBTI Type
TOTO
No, not really.

Any time I've wanted to be in a relationship it was more out of curiosity than actual lonliness, because I know I'd be a pretty slack partner anyway hah

At least, for most people I know

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
No, not really.

Any time I've wanted to be in a relationship it was more out of curiosity than actual lonliness, because I know I'd be a pretty slack partner anyway hah

At least, for most people I know
Would you classify yourself as being happy and satisfied with your life?

If your answer is yes, then you are one lucky ass mofo!

slant

MBTI Type
TOTO
Eh. I'm not particularly happy or unhappy about it. I prefer to keep a stable feeling in between. I notice people who get happy about something often usually get unhappy about something just as often, and it's a cycle of unstable emotions. So for me, I generally feel pretty content and 'ok' with my life. Rarely do I feel happy or unhappy about it. I have my spikes here and there, but they are rare and do not last long.

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What a lovely, and insightful passage!

My sister is an ESTJ, who is quite classically "masculine" in many ways, yet, like you, or maybe not like you, she looks incredibly feminine. (I think you're more feminine looking and acting than she is), could it be the ITP thing, vs. the EST thing? I dunno. Like your best friend, she too aggressively pursues guys, and often times they are schmucks. :/

My best friend in high school was a female INTJ, and my current best friend is a female INTP. While my perpetual ex/boyfriend is an ISTP.

To my knowledge, I have never intimately met a female ISTP, but as evidenced in your passage, as well as through my observations of you (pl) on this forum, I think you're a highly intriguing lot. I'm like allergic to drama, and it seems that ISTPs, in general, are allergic to it too.

Also, tomboyish girls for the epic win! ;)

Thanks! :) I'm not sure if I know any ESTJ females... But I am definitely very allergic to drama. :D

@StephMC939 Holy wall of text, batman, are you sure you're not an ESFP? :p

:laugh: I have a tendency to do that when I'm putting off obligations... say... right now. :doh:

Ruthie

MBTI Type
?
I always loved most sports, and anything that required hand-eye coordination (have always been good at ping-pong, learned to juggle when I was very young, etc...) Socially, I act very ESTP in the way that I tease and banter a lot, am good at thinking on my feet, play a lot of silly board games, am terrible with follow-through, have an ability to block out problems, and love to tell long stories.

I'm not so much "always on the go" though - I'm perfectly happy just staying in for the evening reading a book or watching a movie. I also love politics and history - probably not related to type, but since I was listing interests...

Yeah, I was definitely considered a tom-boy when I was a kid. I lived in a neighborhood full of boys, and I was always playing sports with them, climbing trees and the like. When I started dating, I was pretty sensitive to the tom-boy label and tried to shake it. Even though I've kept most of my tom-boy tendencies, I try to play it down when I'm starting a new relationship. Also, I've never been forward in relationships, to the point where I can sometimes come across as standoffish and even a bit cool.

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
:laugh: I have a tendency to do that when I'm putting off obligations... say... right now. :doh:

Oh man, talk about it! I've put off obligations so far it's getting me in trouble right now. I can manage, it's just gonna be tough. (Moving out of state in two weeks and still haven't told my job!) :doh: :doh: :doh:

mcmartinez84

MBTI Type
ISTP
OMG! I think we're more related than most siblings are!

Do I have hobbies/ interests? Sure... but I don't think it comes as naturally to me as, say, Fi types. But I LOVE to travel (especially the beach), I've always loved art (mostly pencil drawing), reading, movies, horse-back riding, video-games, computers, having a wild time with my friends (usually involving liquor), and just having fun and enjoying myself in general.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE traveling.
I used to be in art class, and pencil was my favorite!
Video games, check! (I have a gaming PC, a Wii, a DS Lite and an Xbox! For the record, I'm TERRIBLE at finishing games.)
Computers, check!
Wild time with friends and alcohol, check!
Having fun, check!

I was a mathematical statistics major, and believe it or not, I've always enjoyed that kind of thing. I like problem solving... they're like puzzles! Programming, although I only took 1 course, was really interesting to me too.

I also did Math/Stats!! There are so few girls in the field, I thought I was alone!
As long as I think I can solve it, I like problems! The ridiculous unatainable ones end up pissing me off. Altho if I have a fun team to work with it can still be fun.
And now I'm a programmer. I took 1/2 of a class in college (dropped at the midterm) and I hated it because the teacher was AWFUL. Now, however, I like it, altho I don't do it on the side...just to pay the bills.

I'm obsessed with zoos and aquariums, since I have an extreme empathy for animals. I try to go to the zoo in every city I go to. I treat my cat like she's my child. People seem to be amused when I interact with animals because it's a very gooey side of me.

Sitting at the zoo and watching the monkeys is soooo much fun :D
If I had a pet, it would be a cat. I've had fish before and they're boring after the first 2 weeks (when changing the water is a chore).

I'm kind of a sucky ISTP when it comes to sports/physical activities. I've always been pretty capable, I just never pursued anything due to lack of interest. I'd like to though. Skiing and horse-back riding is as far as I've gotten, and I've enjoyed both. When I was younger, my dad put me on a baseball team and basketball team. Baseball was too boring to me. I liked moving around on the basketball court, but I was too small. And didn't like playing by the rules. I was a point guard, and the concept of "fouling" was beyond me at the age of 11. I would just hurl my entire body at whoever had the ball. There was another point guard that was almost as bad as me. We were both like... 65 lbs. One time we hurled ourselves at this beast of a chick and made her cry. :devil: Haha.. I know that's so bad, but it was kind of a cool feeling for a munchkin. So long story short, I sat out a lot. I keep telling myself I'm going to go pick up tennis or something. But I'm pretty violent. I'd probably throw my racket at my opponent if I got pissed.

I've always been decent at sports, but I never played much. I don't like the dependence that the whole team has on me. I did track for a bit and that was kinda fun. Recently I've been riding my bike for *some* source of exercise since I sit in a cube all day.
Baseball is the lamest sport ever. I LOVE watching football. Basketball and soccer are alright if I have a team to root for or a fun crowd to watch with.

I was a tomboy as a little girl. I have a vague memory of playing with two little boys that were my next door neighbors. Whenever we played house, I insisted on being the "husband" and the younger brother be the "wife." :laugh: He would complain so much, but I would hear nothing different. Hahaha.. I was a bully sometimes. Now? Eh, I wouldn't consider myself a tomboy, even though my friends say I have a "guy" laid-back attitude. I feel feminine enough, I'm just an ISTP... and don't have an extreme amount of interest in having what are stereotypically "girl thoughts" (although I'm not completely immune to them at all times). On average days, I dress low-key... jeans and a tee-shirt or tank top, hair up. But anytime I'm interacting more than one or two people, I like to look nice and feminine (Still jeans though :tongue:). I've always loved make-up (used to want to be a make-up artist, along with a million other professions). And playing with my hair is fun too. So, yeah, it's feminine, but it's more of an art form/skill to me.

I was DEFINITELY a tomboy. I got my first bit of makeup when I was 17, right before senior year of high school. It was all very neutral colors, very comfortable. My mom almost had a heart attack when she found out I used money on makeup because "you don't neeeeed any! you have great skin and great color!"....but I wanted it :(
I'm still a bit of a tomboy, but I wear my hair down for work, I blow it dry in the mornings, it's straight. I have to dress up a LITTLE for work, so I've expanded my wardrobe beyond tshirts and polos. I really dress pretty plainly for work tho...that is until someone bitched about the SEAMS on my pants...I dressed up like I was going to a night club for a week :p I got tired of that...planning outfits takes way too long, especially when adhereing to dresscode *and* working with my wardrobe. I went back to plain comfy clothes. I wear Merrell shoes because they're super comfy and they fall within dresscode...certainly not fancy ;)

As soon as I get home, the work clothes come off and I throw on pj pants and a tshirt. If I hang out with friends (say at someone's house), I'm probably in jeans and a tshirt (probably from shirt.woot.com). If we go out to a bar I'll put on a nicer shirt and throw some makeup on (if there's enough time I'll do a decent job, otherwise it's just mascara and lip gloss).

ok, now on to answering to the OP instead of responding to this post.

I love adrenaline rushes. Skydiving FTW. I've only done it once and I can't wait to do it again. Roller coasters ftw too! I also like water parks!

I like building Erector sets...but that hobby is expensive, so I've let up on it. I went through a phase last year when I couldn't stop buying them, tho. I kinda like legos. Sometimes they get boring. Lincoln logs were fun.

I said it before, but I've been biking a lot recently. I have a plain mountain bike that I use on a nice paved trail here. I really want a road bike, but those are expensive... Stupid expenses.

I'm pretty terrible at saving money in my checking account, so I have some of my paycheck go into a savings account automatically so I don't even see it. Out of sight, out of mind.

Ok, this sounds weird, but I like reading about serial killers. Their psychology is terribly interesting. I guess it's because it's so extreme. The way they were brought up and the way they've reacted to it by killing people is just so bizarre!

Aaaaaaaaaand someday I want to drive in a racecar and paraglide and surf and get good at snowboarding (I've never lived near mountains *and* snow).

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Oh man, talk about it! I've put off obligations so far it's getting me in trouble right now. I can manage, it's just gonna be tough. (Moving out of state in two weeks and still haven't told my job!) :doh: :doh: :doh:

I am the same way, I put everything off to the last minute. It really sucks when something pops up at the last minute. I have been getting really bad at this recently.

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
OMG! I think we're more related than most siblings are!
:shock: Wow.... it's really crazy how this typology stuff works, sometimes. Oh, and yeah.. traveling is the greatest thing in the world to me. For a while, on a whim, I thought I'd go be a flight attendant after college before I hopped into a real career. However... I don't think customer service is my strong point :cheese: I was a little worried about what I'd do to people that annoyed me.

Sitting at the zoo and watching the monkeys is soooo much fun :D
If I had a pet, it would be a cat. I've had fish before and they're boring after the first 2 weeks (when changing the water is a chore).
Hahah... yeah, after going through like 5 fish (most eaten by my cat) and a hermit crab, I decided I was only allowed to have a pet that told me when it was hungry.
I've always been decent at sports, but I never played much. I don't like the dependence that the whole team has on me. I did track for a bit and that was kinda fun. Recently I've been riding my bike for *some* source of exercise since I sit in a cube all day.
Baseball is the lamest sport ever. I LOVE watching football. Basketball and soccer are alright if I have a team to root for or a fun crowd to watch with.
Football is a blast to watch! I actually enjoy watching soccer too. If I have a team to root for, it makes it 10x more enjoyable, but when my guy friends want to have football day, or my boyfriend is watching soccer, I'm always down. That same boyfriend got me to start playing golf. It was pretty easy to pick up... and it's fun. Although I do get distracted and bored after too long.

I was DEFINITELY a tomboy. I got my first bit of makeup when I was 17, right before senior year of high school. It was all very neutral colors, very comfortable. My mom almost had a heart attack when she found out I used money on makeup because "you don't neeeeed any! you have great skin and great color!"....but I wanted it :(
You know, come to think of it, I think two things attributed to me wearing make-up: 1) My sister was always wearing make-up, and I looked up to her. 2) I've always looked much younger than I am. Once, just a few months ago, I was going through the airport (wearing no make-up) and the security dude asked me if I had a license yet. :doh: I'm 23! I definitely look more my aged when I'm dressed up a little. When I'm chillin out with friends, I don't care much. Similar to you, if we go out, I'll just throw on a nice shirt and put on some make-up. Otherwise, class, running errands, work... eh... no need :p

I love adrenaline rushes. Skydiving FTW. I've only done it once and I can't wait to do it again. Roller coasters ftw too! I also like water parks!
Yes, yes, and yes! Although I still need to go skydiving one day. Soon!

I like building Erector sets...but that hobby is expensive, so I've let up on it. I went through a phase last year when I couldn't stop buying them, tho. I kinda like legos. Sometimes they get boring. Lincoln logs were fun.
Puzzles are my weak spot. If that's at all similar. My friends have learned not to let puzzles in my sight... otherwise I'll disappear until I finish it. I like putting things together in general

I said it before, but I've been biking a lot recently. I have a plain mountain bike that I use on a nice paved trail here. I really want a road bike, but those are expensive... Stupid expenses.
Interesting... I think I have to start take up mountain biking too, especially since one of my ESTP friends are really into it :D

Clonester

MBTI Type
ENFP
Wow, ISTP's are definitely the most interesting introverted gals. Come to think of it, you guys sound more exciting than most extroverts.

So on that note, I'll answer your question for her, Clonester. Yes. She aggressively pursues guys. She has little to no interest in guys she doesn't see "a challenge." It's a little exasperating to watch. I'm like: "Cara.... that guy -LIKES- you. He's cute, sweet, and seems like an overall nice guy."
Cara: ".... ehhh...."

So again, she goes after unattainable guys, whether they're just assholes that don't want to be involved, or guys moving away and not wanting to get involved, or guys that cheat all the time.

Thanks. Hmm, I'm not surprised. I know an ESTP girl who I met a year ago. She flirted with me a lot, and I liked her so I decided to go after her. So we dated for a bit but she quickly lost interest. Now that I've moved on for many months, she seems to be quite into me the past couple weeks, calling me and inviting me places. It's almost like if I take the lead she's not interested, but if she does and I'm indifferent she IS interested.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hmmm... I'd take one short term just to see what dating one would be like.