• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Women ISTP/ESTPs

Sinmara

Not Your Therapist
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I was a total tomboy growing up. I didn't like girly frilly things (my mom bought me silk undies when I was 13 {because I was "a teen now and need to start acting like a girl"} and I was absolutely horrified) and all my friends were guys because they were just easier for me to identify with.

When I was little, I was pretty much off on my own playing all the time; I was that kid walking back and forth running her hands along the fence while the other kids were tearing up the playground. Apparently my parents thought it was sad and I had no friends -- I remember I just liked the feel of the chain fence bouncing off my fingers and I didn't want or need any friends. If I needed someone else to play with to make me happy I just went and got someone to play with. :cheese:

I was told at 17 that I was a black man stuck in a white girl's body. :banana2:

There are a few gender-guessing quizzes online that I took when I was late teens/early 20s and they all came back saying I was a guy.

Hobbies! So, I used to play a lot of sports (volleyball, swimming, archery) but I had to stop because my joints suck, so now I pretty much just feed my brain by studying stuff I find interesting all the time. I love celtic lore for its complexity and I'm teaching myself how to do chainmaille right now.

I don't read instruction books when learning how to do stuff like that, I like to just look at the pictures and deconstruct it in my head. :D It's more fun doing it 100% on my own.

I'm also bisexual and poly. Jix, I think we just have a higher concentration of bi and gay girls in here. I know xSTP girls in person who are straight as straight can be. ;)

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What I find funny is the contrasts between ISTP and ESTPs in a way... I work with an ISTP female... she looks prim and feminine, but is a total badass- how do ISTPs manage to be so much more focused? :thinking:

It's the I.
It centers you inside yourself, rather than externally.

Same thing happens with INTP vs ENTP -- ENTPs are typically all over the place, INTPs are a lot more in one place and focused -- or any other E/I combo.

I was a total tomboy growing up. I didn't like girly frilly things (my mom bought me silk undies when I was 13 {because I was "a teen now and need to start acting like a girl"} and I was absolutely horrified) and all my friends were guys because they were just easier for me to identify with.

She hoped underwear would make you a woman? Lol!

I remember I just liked the feel of the chain fence bouncing off my fingers and I didn't want or need any friends.

Do you do that a lot? Tactile sensation focus?
I'm just asking because sometimes I get realll abstracted, but I find sometimes I'll just want to run my hands along things and I start focusing on the texture and feel of it without any sort of evaluation of it -- I'm just experiencing it and getting a rush from doing that.

I was told at 17 that I was a black man stuck in a white girl's body. :banana2:

Why a black man? What's the difference between a white man and a black man here?

Sinmara

Not Your Therapist
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
She hoped underwear would make you a woman? Lol!

It would seem so, yes. I was so shocked that I still remember what they looked like - baby pink with frills on the side, from Victoria's Secret. I remember thinking, "But the ruffles will be bulky under my jeans!"

Do you do that a lot? Tactile sensation focus?
You know, I don't know. I suppose I could be doing it and I just don't realize it. I do know that I like to touch and feel everything, and I'm very aware of the texture of food and even the density of liquids as I'm eating. I don't like certain foods not because they taste bad but because I don't like the wya they feel on the tongue.

Why a black man? What's the difference between a white man and a black man here?

Oh it's just a joke that even without a penis, my penis is bigger than most guys'. ;) Similar jokes are that I have an "aura of huge cock," and when two guys are trying to one-up each other, "Oh stop the pissing contest, Petty's junk is bigger than both of yours!"

The best part is? All of these were thought up independently by people who don't know each other, several years apart.

I am not sure whether this is a good or bad thing. Er. ;)

Bev

MBTI Type
ISTP
Same like with soup or something it can taste nice but if I don't like the texture I'm not eating that again. And yeah I seem to be more manly than a lot of the guys in my group. Like a week ago me and two mates were in the park and there were some deer, my guy friend started freaking out and trying to move away when they made a noise but me and my other friend (a girl) just sat down and I ate my dinner haha she trusted that I knew what I was doing I suppose :blush:

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I have a lot of tomboyish hobbies still, but in society's eyes it sees me now as more feminine...not sure why though.

Me and my mom fight about this all the time, she says I act like a guy all the time, and it's not acceptable. :rolli:

"You should wear nicer things. Why don't you ever paint your nails? Why do you hang around guys/tomboyish girls all the time? Are you a lesbian?"

First off...I wear what's practical. It's not practical for me to wear something nice, but will lead to my clothes ripping from my bike or leaving me cold walking to class, which I'm only there for a couple hours anyway. Painting my nails is a waste of time, I only bite them, I get along with guys/tomboyish girls more than the other girls, which for the most part are just prissy bitches who only care about their appearance, and no...I'm not a lesbian....I'd say I'm bicurious, as I wouldn't be objected to try things with a girl, but I just really like guys a lot more. :wubbie:

Sunny Ghost

i've noticed female SP's in general aren't overly feminine or girly, especially in childhood. ESFP's, ISFP's, ISTP's, ESTP's. with age, i think we'll tend to adopt a slightly more feminine or girly presence, but definitely not to the extent of ESFJ's, ISFJ's or ENFP's (which is another I've noticed to really play out femininity in my experience).

would anyone else agree?

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
i've noticed female SP's in general aren't overly feminine or girly, especially in childhood. ESFP's, ISFP's, ISTP's, ESTP's. with age, i think we'll tend to adopt a slightly more feminine or girly presence, but definitely not to the extent of ESFJ's, ISFJ's or ENFP's (which is another I've noticed to really play out femininity in my experience).

would anyone else agree?

No. IME, most of the xSFPs I've ever known have been very feminine. In fact, I don't think I've ever known a tomboyish xSFP (not to say that it's not possible, of course...just that I don't think there are enough to qualify as a pattern.)

KDude

I don't know.. I think both of these actresses are ISTPs. They're still feminine (although I've read that both identified as tomboys).

ashleyjuddtoothfairy2.jpg

15186018.jpg

Anyways, I'm pretty sure they're not all butch autistics. Typology is just preferences and some basic interaction style. As for ESTPs, even the protypical female (Madonna) divorced her husband specifically because she said he was an "emotional retard". So there you go. Lily Allen is probably ESTP too. They both must be in touch with some softer side of themselves. I mean, shit, 90% of their songs are about the same thing.