• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] How can you go from N to S

Sacrator

MBTI Type
ENFP
I kinda border S but i feel completely N I'm not even really aware of my S side. How can i bring out my sensor side more? Also how would you describe the process of sensing cognitively in opposed to intuition?

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I kinda border S but i feel completely N I'm not even really aware of my S side. How can i bring out my sensor side more? Also how would you describe the process of sensing cognitively in opposed to intuition?

Lysergic Acid Diethylamide once per week for 2 months.
Your "N" will go bye-byes.
:yim_rolling_on_the_

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
That or just go out and do exciting, life-threatening things. It just might rush all the N out of your system.

Ace_

MBTI Type
TNT
You can't go from N to S. Those are two completely different worlds.

jixmixfix

Permabanned

It says your very "N" in your avatar. Being an "S" just consists of being in the moment looking at little details in ur environment.

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Learn how to do something physical.

Find some physical activity that you can really get into. A lot of times people will ‘think’ they’ll enjoy doing something they don’t actually enjoy doing- and it’s hard to stick to something you don’t actually enjoy doing.

For example: I wanted to get into running. I ran 3-4 times a week, kept doing it for 3 months- but found that I hated it just as much after 3 months. Same with biking. I didn’t think I’d like yoga but gave it a chance anyway and ended up loving it- it‘s the only exercise I’ve ever been able to stick to.

Another physical activity I found is home repair. I helped my dad put a new roof on his house a few years back and discovered it’s a hobby I can do for hours at time, days in a row- but I would never have guessed it’s something I’d love actually doing.

It can be hard to find physical activities that are personally engaging- but it really is important to find something you actually enjoy. Otherwise, it won’t be very effective in getting you ‘out of your head’. That's been my experience anyway.

The_Matrix

Having 'Se' as my auxiliary function makes experiencing the physical world through my senses addicting.

On a sunny day, after mowing the lawn I feel driven to stand motionless in my front yard. I stare at the blue sky with giant clouds. The clouds are endlessly unique and beautiful. The sun beats down on me, and the warmth against my skin feels so good. The scent of freshly cut, dewy grass fills my nostrils and reminds me of the joyful past days of summer camp. I look up at the tall, stout trees in my yard, staring at the leaves and the long shadows cast over the street. I could conceivably stand here for an unlimited amount of time. After spending a ton of energy mowing the lawn and feeling exhausted, standing here silent, alone, in a seemingly perfectly tranquil spot, I just feel my head clearing, my energy renewed, my troubles and worries just flowing away. My head is just filled with the scene in front of me: a gorgeous suburban day.

Driving. I am an excellent driver. I consistently go far above speed limits and dart in and out of traffic. Yet, I've never gotten into an accident. The reason? Extraverted Sensing. When driving I go into something I can only describe as a trance. Typical conditions: High speed driving on an interstate highway. All four windows are open. The sound and feel of wind rushing past my face tells me how fast I am going. I can hear the engine of every car and truck driving alongside me.

The car radio is on, and classic rock or alternative music is blasting very loud: think Hotel California, Nirvana, or Red Hot Chili Peppers. The loud music stimulates the senses in my brain, gets me pumped up, fills my head with energy. I even drive fast and accelerate and brake in rhythm with the music, something I can pull off since I'm so in tune with my car. I know exactly how far I can push my car's limits. I can feel exactly how sharp I'd have to turn to rollover the car and probably kill myself. I can feel exactly how much acceleration I need to cut off that car on the left without ramming into the car in front of me. I can feel my car's mechanical pain when I rev the engine too high or press the brakes too hard. I feel like I'm melded into the driver's seat. I feel like I'm part of the car.

My eyes are focused on the road in front of me, but not really focused. My eyes see the entire road in front of me as a constantly changing painting. When you look at the Mona Lisa, you can stare directly into her eyes, or you can unfocus your vision and perceive the entire picture. This is the critical part of Extraverted Sensing: I stare unfocused at the entire road in front of me, and my peripheral vision tells me every minor detail. I drive instinctively, effortlessly, in a trance. But then AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! an alarm bell goes off in my head, I snap out of the trance and jam on the brakes without even knowing why... and I see a cop car behind a bush on the highway median. My peripheral vision spotted the cop car and alerted me and now I'm completely focused on avoiding the police and a speeding ticket.

Alright, I hope this helped you understand S a bit more. If it bored you and you hated it please tell me, I'll understand.

To conclude I'll go a bit less in depth.

I instantly see that speck of white dust on your black shirt and I'm engrossed by it, how out of place it is.
I deeply inhale the scents of food before I eat it. The scent instantly tells me everything about the food: taste, freshness, ingredients, and whether I'll like it.
When people lower their voices to talk about something private or evil, it's never low enough. I can alwayshear them. :D
If I had a trusting girlfriend I would always be touching her. I would never, ever stop caressing every part of her body. If I walked past her in the kitchen I would stop behind her and start softly kissing the back of her neck. I'd run my hands slowly though her hair at any time. The physical experience of touching her body is most definitely the greatest pleasurable sensing experience possible.