• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SP] Instant Wit

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I love the ESFJ laughter burst 5 minutes after a witty remark, because they suddenly 'get it'. And you're like, "What? Why're you laughing?". But they're so cracked up they can't tell you the reason.

Ruthie

MBTI Type
?
I'm definitely in the "35%... witty remarks" category. Much fun as it is, it's devastating when one falls flat. That moment of awkwardness easily wipes away 10 successful remarks.

D

Dali

^ You should get an ISTP to 'train' you. Falls flat or not, they knew they were amusing and that's all that matters. :D

neptunesnet

man-made
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5&4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yes!
My ESTP dad is the king of snark.
Like, the best smartass you'll ever met.
Sadly, I think that's the only time we do any real bonding is when we take jabs at each other and joke around. I have a great sense of humor because of him.
One of my closest friends is also an ESTP. I've never laughed so hard with anyone else. She got wittiest in high school, too.
So, yeah. You ESTPs are quite the funny people.

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
So, yeah. You ESTPs are quite the funny people.

:D :hug:

One time I was working with an ESTP and another dude on the ice cream aisle. ESTP asked me, "Justin, what would you do for a Klondike bar?" I just said, "Pay about $1.25" He cracked up.

Then I was walking with another ESTP friend I work with (dang! the frozen section is filled with ESTPs! :yim_rolling_on_the_) back inside from pushing carts and for some reason we started talking about the security guy's car turning into a transformer robot. He said, "No, it'll just turn into a teacup." Quick as a whip I said, "And then it suddenly starts quickly spinning 'round and 'round..." The way it all played out was so hilarious we just cracked up for a whole minute. Part of it was just that the security guy is so goofy (an ENXP) that we could both see him screaming so hard to get out of it. hahaha. :rofl1:

There are some others I was thinking of for this thread but can't remember right now. Oh well. Later. ;)

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
^ You should get an ISTP to 'train' you. Falls flat or not, they knew they were amusing and that's all that matters. :D

Hahah... yeah, I've learned that if one of my remarks falls flat, making a funny face at least has a little bit of recovery.

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
Or just playing it off as being tired or just distracting people with a new bit of conversation. Anyone can do that, it just takes SP cool-headedness to not be nervous about it at all.

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I make funny faces all of the time! :D

The way I see it, after I have a failed joke, who can't laugh at me randomly making a blowfish face? At the very least, they're laughing at me... which I in turn convince myself is laughing with me. ;)

Oh, and I don't know why I didn't say this earlier. This reminds me of my ESTP girl friend who randomly calls and tells me: "I'm witty today." (after feeling like she's had a ton of witty remarks that day)
Me: "What?? How are you witty today? Who -says- that about themselves?!"
Then she laughs hysterically, unphased by my comment, and remains convinced she was temporarily "witty today."

Willfrey

MBTI Type
IsTP
I do this. All the time. We have a pretty relaxed work enviroment here and we all give eachother shit.

Me: Are you sure, Jeff?
Jeff: Willfrey, I don't open my mouth unless I know I'm right.
Me: Or if there's a shlong infront of it.

I get it from my ISTp/j dad, who busts out some of the quickest best qips at family runions, the amount of crap he gives his little brother is hilarious.

tetsuwanatom

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
Well, there are the really clever ones which are usually quick one-liners that are automatic kills... or the lame ones... that are in some terrible way, ACTUALLY clever, if you can get past... the lameness that would make even me *facepalm*.

But to be honest, after I've just exploded the lame ones onto the unsuspecting audience, their quirky lameness makes me feel kinda smug. Sometimes the more lame it is, the more smug I feel---although this is best exploded onto xNFJs because the shock/horror/cry of their reaction can be a big pat on the shoulder (and they find it endearing... somehow... and they won't kill you for it.. not like the xNTJs).

iSFJs can be slow on the uptake, and sometimes need to have the remark explained before they get it... WHICH KILLS IT!!!

iNTPs get it, but usually respond with telling you how lame it is (if they know you quite well, and using this expression =_=). Then they come up with their own "witty" iNTP sh*te which, tbh, is even worse than some of the things that I've come up with...