• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Do Attributes Near 50% Make Some Personality Perceptions Difficult?

redacted

I bet I could've worded that differently but I'm an ISTP. Several times taking a test I've been achingly close to being an INTP. So, being near 50% for any letter, does it feel weird or is it helpful? I'm around 53% Sensing. So living in the present as much as living for the future possibilities, and as concrete as abstract. Sounds cool, but my head won't explode, right?

Who else has this going on with any other letter coupling?

There's a huge difference between getting close to 50% on a test and actually being near the border.

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Keirsey is bullshit. A cursory functional understanding shows that INFJs are far more similar to INTJs than to INFPs because they're both dominant in Ni.

More importantly, though, you have the J in common with them and that's much more important than T/F or even N/S. The most important letter, by far, is P/J. You're probably more similar to ESTJ than you are to INFP!

New temperaments based on functional attitudes instead of arbitrary surface characteristics:

EP Explorers (dominant Pe, secondary Ji, tertiary Je, inferior Pi)
IP Observers (Ji, Pe, Pi, Je)
EJ Leaders (Je, Pi, Pe, Ji)
IJ Analysts (Pi, Je, Ji, Pe)

Did you get those results, EP IP and such, from independent study of typology or is this actually practiced as a legit method? It doesn't matter which to me. Just curious and wanting to know more.

There's a huge difference between getting close to 50% on a test and actually being near the border.

Understandable.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Did you get those results, EP IP and such, from independent study of typology or is this actually practiced as a legit method? It doesn't matter which to me. Just curious and wanting to know more.

Well it's technically not "legit" as in it's not really written down, it's an independent study.

Also +1 to simulatedworld for thinking like me... again. Since I've been trying to describe EP IP IJ EJ etc as new temperaments for a while...

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I bet I could've worded that differently but I'm an ISTP. Several times taking a test I've been achingly close to being an INTP. So, being near 50% for any letter, does it feel weird or is it helpful? I'm around 53% Sensing. So living in the present as much as living for the future possibilities, and as concrete as abstract. Sounds cool, but my head won't explode, right?

Who else has this going on with any other letter coupling?

I am around 50% on S and N, but I think its more of an Se/Ni than Se/Ne. I can tell when Ne comes into play, these are my retarded moments and I use them as that. They are just ideas that pop into my head and I use them for a laugh, sometimes they appear more than others, but I dont try to do anything with it other than let them out sometimes for a laugh. My use of Se-Ti-Ni outweighs my Ne in terms of functional use.

edit: How do Ne types filter this data? I tend to focus on the funny and retarded sounding ideas so thats more what I conciously notice.

FallaciaSonata

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
The ISTJ profile fits me almost extremely well, but I suppose it's because I'm....extreme? On the mock test I took (in signature) I scored very, very high on I, J, and T. S/N however, I scored only 63 percent in favor of S.

From self-observation, I've noticed I use a lot of Ne and from talking with BlackCat, I think that's what it is. I went through a little episode where I wasn't certain if I was N or S, but after a quick examination of Ni and Si, it became crystal clear. I'm an ISTJ -- no doubt.

I used to try and think of type in terms of four letters, but I've found it's more accurate when you watch for specific functions in people, instead of picking out letters. At least for me it is. I no longer guess whether someone is more iNtuitive or more of a Sensor, I just watch what they do and how they do it. It usually shows itself.

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Well it's technically not "legit" as in it's not really written down, it's an independent study.

Also +1 to simulatedworld for thinking like me... again. Since I've been trying to describe EP IP IJ EJ etc as new temperaments for a while...

Now I'm wondering, what of the middle letters? Should we all renounce the N, S, T and F? How much more efficient are these temperaments really? ISTP gets me pretty well. Some IP explanations were dodgy in grasping me.