• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SP] Do you guys have especial trouble keeping promises?

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
I know I have, throughout my life.

I sincerely decide to change a habit or do something at a specific moment of time in the future yet when the opportunity comes I've either forgotten or something has come up.

I've worked on it alot, and alot of times I can pull through but I still have a huge gaping weakness in this area.

Anyone else?

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
I used to, which is why I don't make promises very often anymore. I only do if I'm certain I can keep it.

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
Same here. I usually qualify alot, saying, "Maybe, if nothing else comes up..." or something along those lines.

wolfy

awsm
I think it depends on the type of promise. But in general I am pretty good at doing what I say I am going to do.

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
The only real solution to this is to learn not to make them... Well not unless you really have to of course :D

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
The only real solution to this is to learn not to make them... Well not unless you really have to of course :D

Yeah, sometimes if someone gives an ultimatum and you really want to do it and can't unless you say yes right then, and you become determined to do it... and then later fail to. :doh:

I usually pull through, though, I think.

6sticks

MBTI Type
istp
I always keep promises, which is why I never make them.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Promises are something sacred. I don't mess around with promises.

This is more the scenario I have experienced. Someone wants to hang out and I say, "Yeah. Sure. Tomorrow at 2. Sounds fine." Then tomorrow at 2 comes around and I usually forget or I don't forget but don't feel like hanging out.

But there has been times when a person has called me out on it and made sure to "reschedule" the hang out time and I know that this person is going to keep bringing it up until it happens. Then it becomes a chore. An obligation. :dry: I will follow through with it because I did say that I would. Okay. They busted me on a technicality!! But you can believe that I won't ever hang out with that person again. But after hanging out with me in my duty-bound funk of a mood, I'm usually so miserable they don't want to either. Win-win!

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
Yeah, my ENTP friend gets me on it all the time and makes me feel bad. It's a huge temperamental clash, in my opinion. I'm used to plans being canceled without much notice. I guess in his opinion everything should be adhered to strictly.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I always make sure I either keep my promises or leave it open.

ESTPgirl

MBTI Type
estp
Enneagram
7w8
I don't make promises I can't keep. Which means I don't make many promises but when I do, I follow through and exceed expectations.

nomadic

mountain surfing
MBTI Type
enfp
promises are easy to keep.

its feelings that are hard to keep

because promises don't change, while feelings do. i can do a promise and follow through like a robot, because i said i would.

LostInNerSpace

MBTI Type
INTP
It depends. I sometimes might say something that seems like a promise, but I may have previously attached a qualifier. You might catch the qualifier if you have a good memory for words and care enough to keep track of my words.

tinycatsinmyhair

I just rarely make promises. You never know when you are going to die or something will come up or you will forget etc etc and you will not be able to carry through with that promise...

And letting people down after I make a promise to them, I just can't have it. It makes me feel like a horrible person with no honor who's word means nothing. Makes me feel like my dad. He's not horrible but his has made me promises and let me down way more times than I like to remember.

ESTPMarie

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
I don't make promises I can't keep. Which means I don't make many promises but when I do, I follow through and exceed expectations.

I don't make promises I can't keep, either. I just choose not to keep some of 'em - sometimes. Ooops.

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
WOW, two ESTP chicks?!?? Let's get this PARTY STARTED!!!! Like, right NOW!

:bananallama: :party2:

Well, only one of you is here. But I'm sure you can match the vivacity of two girls, now can't you, Marie? ;)

This is so hot. :yay: