• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISFP] ISFP females and children

KLessard

Aspiring Troens Ridder
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w2
How do you ISFP females deal with children? What would you have to say about that subject in general?
My ISFP sister-in-law is very gifted with her children, raising them with kindness and attention, and it works very well. My ESTJ mother is quite surprised about this. ;)
If the children aren't yours, would you say you befriend kids easily? Are you compassionate and aware of their needs?
How would you react to meeting a child in need?

ilovetrannies

MBTI Type
ISFP
Hmm, this is very difficult. I love children and will go out of my way to be kind to them. If I ever wanted children, I'd be so supportive that I'd almost let them walk all over me. Hmm, it's a good thing that I"m a bit of a bad ass and cool as hell. Not to brag or anything. (Joking.)

riel

MBTI Type
ISFP
How do you ISFP females deal with children? What would you have to say about that subject in general?
My ISFP sister-in-law is very gifted with her children, raising them with kindness and attention, and it works very well. My ESTJ mother is quite surprised about this. ;)
If the children aren't yours, would you say you befriend kids easily? Are you compassionate and aware of their needs?
How would you react to meeting a child in need?

I really don't befriend kids easily, but I do have a school-age brother, and I let him do what he wants(as long as it doesn't interfere w/ his studies). I can't really say that I'm compassionate because I reprimand my school-age brother whenever he does things that interfere with his studies(like playing an online game before studying for a test, w/c he will surely fail if he insists on what he wants). In general, if I ever have children, I'll let them do what they want as long as it doesn't negatively affect other aspects of their life.

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
I befriend children very easily. I am just very happy to run around with them and explore the world with them. I get along especially well with really little kids under the age of five. I sing to them, play games with them, and am very, very patient. Little kids are a total joy.:wubbie:

Fading Dead Star

MBTI Type
ISFP
Why only females? As a male I'd be very proud to raise a child, and like the others here discipline would not be the priority. I'd spend lots of time with my children, I'd especially love talking to them even if they couldn't speak back yet.

Children rarely admit it but they always have a favourite parent and it's more than often the mother because of the early bond they share. I want to be the favourite parent as they grow up so they devote their attention to me. Attention from children isn't that much different from attention from adults to me.

KLessard

Aspiring Troens Ridder
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w2
Why only females?

I meant no offense. This is about a story I am writing. It is mainly about a relationship between an ISFP young woman and a little INFJ orphan whose life has been quite rough. The ISFP helps her see life on a lighter note and communicates the pleasures of existence, but the child also teaches her to dig deeper. I have come to realise these two characters represent the body and the soul (the SP the body and the NF, the soul). They complete each other.

Just curious to know what other female ISFPs would have to say about being in a similar situation, but I am very interested to know what ISFP males have to say about it. :yes:

KarliJoanne

MBTI Type
ISFP
I'm an ISFP female, and I really love children. I don't have any of my own yet, but I hope to. When I'm out in a public place generally I feel reserved among adults and prefer to keep to myself. But if I see a child I always smile for them and often say hello. I think I connect with children pretty well, my niece and nephews are fond of me, though they don't see me often since I live across the country.

I also am not very good at discipline, though I recognize its importance. But my strength with children I think is that I don't take myself too seriously and can really play. I often feel more comfortable playing and interacting with children than having serious conversation with other adults. I'm pretty gentle also, and sensitive to what children need. Mostly I think children just need someone to believe in them.

Julie1962

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
ISFP mom of 3 kids 18, 10 and 8. The two youngest are orphans .. adopted from S. Korea as babies. One child has Aspergers and is probably an ISFJ and the other is probably an ENFJ. I'd say I am a fun mom who likes to introduce them to new experiences. I am also a firm believer in not following the crowd and am always urging them not to be like the other kids. Not sure if they strive to be like the others because they are different race raised by white parents or if that is just typical of their personality. I urge them not to follow the typical gender roles portrayed on TV or in the media. Yup .. I am trying to raise them to be non conformist. It's a losing battle though.:devil:

If you have any specific questions, please PM me.

B

brainheart

I have two children. I definitely feel more comfortable around kids I don't know vs. adults I don't know. But I'm not kid crazy. Being around too many of them for too long wipes me out. I could, for example, never work in child care.

I definitely lean more toward animals in my affection. If I see a cat down the block, I will purposely walk in that direction so I can try to meet it. And don't get me started on insects. I spend a good portion of my life rescuing them and avoiding stepping on them.

ster

I'm so so so horrible with kids. They intimidate me, and they know it.
But if the kid is very extraveted, then I just go with the flow. Truly, I have no idea how to handle kids, or why people like them. They're amusing and charming. I care for them, I see them as our future... but interacting with them takes has always been a learning process for me. Btw... not a parent now, or anytime soon.

Grace

MBTI Type
INTJ
One of my best friends in an ISFP. She does not think of herself as a kid person. I think her main issue with kids is that she doesn't know how to be authoritative over them. She is kind and loving, but I could never see her being a strict disiplinarian. She just wants to play with them when they are being good but the moment they start acting up, it's goodbye.