• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Who Drives Us CRAZY?

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
Well, we tend to be able to open people up and make them more outgoing. I've noticed this happening at work alot. The introverts start talking more around me. I think that may be partly why my ISTJ coworker jokes and gets all energetic sometimes, although he has said that he's a "sanguine".

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
See, my ESTP friend can get ISTJ to do things and actually talk. Maybe it's an ISTP/ISTJ clash with me. ISTJ is ridiculously anti-social and really stays within his limited comfort zone. I was shocked that he wanted to go on the trip to New Orleans - since he's from a small town in the middle of Arkansas and plays his PS2 when he's not working or programming for fun.

I just can't make any sense of why he does anything or why he thinks things the way he does. It makes it really difficult for me...and we all know what happens when things that don't matter get difficult. I don't *have* to be friends with him (or anyone else for that matter), so if it's uncomfortable for me, I ain't gonna. He makes me uncomfortable when he says stuff like "I said no" and "don't worry about it" when talking about food at a restaurant. Gawd, really? He's 26 years old and he can't come up with a nicer or more socially acceptable way to say these things? Geez, I thought I was bad. At least I give reasons for why I don't do things when people ask me - "I'm full" or "I don't want sweets, I'm sticking to a diet"...y'know, that's normal stuff, it's not like I'm going to judge you for watching your weight and for not stuffing your face all day.

In response to the questions - 1) I wouldn't know...he never talks about anything with me. Everything is a dead end answer regardless of how open ended the question may be. 2) I think he's always like that with me. 'Cause he's *not* always like that around the ESTP. I don't know what his deal is, but it pisses me off :(

Maybe he's just very reserved. How well do you know him? It could take me a while of knowing a person until I open up. Or maybe something is bothering him that he doesn't want to talk about. I don't think you should take offense to that.

mcmartinez84

MBTI Type
ISTP
It just seems like opening up about why you won't eat a beignet or stating what you'll be ordering for brunch...isn't opening up at all. That's totally normal stuff. Everyone eats, everyone has their own taste in food... I find it to be such a normal topic that I'd only refuse to answer if I were messing around with someone, but he's not like that. He was totally serious and wouldn't talk about it later. It's like he thinks I'm going to judge him for having a reason behind his decisions...but really I judge him now for being unwilling to justify or explain actions that I see as irrational.

It's ok in the long run - he's just not going to be invited on any excursions that last more than about 3 hours. Being a pain in the ass about food was RARELY tolerated when I was growing up and in the past few years I've come to understand why. I learned my lesson on this trip.

mcmartinez84

MBTI Type
ISTP
Well, we tend to be able to open people up and make them more outgoing.

I need more ESTP in my life. My bff ESTP and I were both Math/Stats majors and got the same job right out of college. We worked "together" for about 9 months, he got laid off and moved back near home and got a job there. I miss him all of the time. As a programmer, I don't interact with many ESTPs at work. :(

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Eh, doesn't sound like it's a big deal at all, maybe the guy just doesn't feel like talking when eating.

Fading Dead Star

MBTI Type
ISFP
One of my best friends is an INTJ. It took me a whole year to get along with him and ages later to accept him as a close friend. INTJ types are so easily misunderstood- what they mean as a joke can easily be taken seriously by types such as mine. Like I said, he's now one of my closest friends- I just had to learn to take everything he says with a pinch of salt. He's really a witty, intellectual guy with real passion and devotion for things he loves.

alpaca

MBTI Type
INTP
I like INTJs, but then again we're related (both literally and figuratively).

ESFPs get on my nerves because they don't make sense and they just crash into situations headfirst. Actually, anyone who's disrespectful and illogical can be annoying, but that doesn't always correlate to types.

Lambchop

MBTI Type
ISFJ
McMartinez84, my boss is like your friend. Sometimes things can be very awkward between us and oddly silent. I swear he rides the waves of his moods in some invisible tide. He can be cantankerous or close up for no reason and then an hour later, it's like he downed a Mountain Dew in 2.5 seconds. It may be true about other E's drawing him out. I work closely with an E, although she has a different boss...and she is WAY better with him and he's not so awkward with her. But I've always heard him say things about her need to be "pleasing" and "super chipper." He is an attorney and yet seems to seriously lack social skills at times! There are times when I think "he is just WEIRD!"

The only person I've come across that I HATED, that I thought was a complete and total douche bag with no qualities to speak of that I can find (and we ISFJs look for the good in people!) was an ESTJ. GAWD, he's annoying. I can't stand being around him. He is pompous and arrogant and materialist and comes off as totally FAKE and pretentious. The worst!!

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
McMartinez84, my boss is like your friend. Sometimes things can be very awkward between us and oddly silent. I swear he rides the waves of his moods in some invisible tide. He can be cantankerous or close up for no reason and then an hour later, it's like he downed a Mountain Dew in 2.5 seconds. It may be true about other E's drawing him out. I work closely with an E, although she has a different boss...and she is WAY better with him and he's not so awkward with her. But I've always heard him say things about her need to be "pleasing" and "super chipper." He is an attorney and yet seems to seriously lack social skills at times! There are times when I think "he is just WEIRD!"
hahahahahaha... that is SO funny! It's so strange how accurate the types are. I would've never guessed ISTJs would be like that, and I still don't really understand why, but the one I know is like that to a tee. I wouldn't say he's that weird though, at least to me, I mean weirder than other people, but I think I'm crazier than pretty much any other mofo I've ever met anyway. :newwink: Except for Meseri the INFJ, of course. :rofl1:

The only person I've come across that I HATED, that I thought was a complete and total douche bag with no qualities to speak of that I can find (and we ISFJs look for the good in people!) was an ESTJ. GAWD, he's annoying. I can't stand being around him. He is pompous and arrogant and materialist and comes off as totally FAKE and pretentious. The worst!!
Man, I know, the bad ESTJs are so obviously bad. It's a pity that all of them get such a bad rep for it, I know there are some who are really cool.

mcmartinez84

MBTI Type
ISTP

Yep. I just don't understand it all. I can't predict his behavior no matter how hard I try.

The thing is, too, that he's opened up around me before. One time he and I went to a roller coaster park (just as friends, we wanted to see the show that night). It ended up getting rained out, but before that and during the rain, we just sat around and talked for awhile... He said things like how he defines himself by the work he does, how having a significant other isn't a priority in his life... I think those are things you wouldn't just say to anyone. Especially as a fellow introvert, I know *I* wouldn't just say those things to most people. Of course that was over a year ago, so maybe we're just back at square one. I don't know and I don't pretend to. I have a tendency to leave the ball in someone else's court, and that's just what I'm going to do permanently with him. *shrug*

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
I think he was probably just not in the mood to talk. I try to avoid the function order because it seems kinda convoluted to me sometimes, but other times it just makes so much sense. His third order function would supposedly be Fi, which is moody. That definitely seems to fit my ISTJ friend. I mean his moods don't seem to be conscious (he'll never tell you he's feeling a certain way) but they do always seem to dictate how energetic/reserved he is.

Does that make sense?

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think he was probably just not in the mood to talk. I try to avoid the function order because it seems kinda convoluted to me sometimes, but other times it just makes so much sense. His third order function would supposedly be Fi, which is moody. That definitely seems to fit my ISTJ friend. I mean his moods don't seem to be conscious (he'll never tell you he's feeling a certain way) but they do always seem to dictate how energetic/reserved he is.

Does that make sense?

This is like my dad and he wants everyone elses mood to kinda mimic his. Its like he wants everyone else to slow down when he is relaxed and when he is energetic he will push others to irritation and not understand what he did. One thing I notice between ISTJ and ISTP is I went to the lake and near the end of the night I was wore out. I layed there on my jetski watching my niece, my son, and my wife play. I didnt feel like I had to join, I got up a few times to get them drinks and it didnt bother me because it didnt require any energy on my part. Pure Se, no interaction. I handed them the drinks and went back to lay on the jet ski. It seems like when my dad hits this mode doing things require energy. He wants everyone else to slow down so he doesnt have to even think about getting up. I dont lose physical energy when i get tired. I lose the ability to want to be in a social situation to have to talk to others. I dont mind being in pure listen mode either at this point.

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
I don't know his type, but I work with this guy:

Just returned from Iraq
Major bull-in-china-shop metality
Crass/loud
Competitive
Not very bright
5'6", with Nepolionic attitude to match
Just bought a big, new BMW.

He drives me nuts. I try to avoid him, although I'm polite in a minimal way. I can usually find something redeeming in people, but I just can't in him.

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
I don't know his type, but I work with this guy:

Just returned from Iraq
Major bull-in-china-shop metality
Crass/loud
Competitive
Not very bright
5'6", with Nepolionic attitude to match
Just bought a big, new BMW.

He drives me nuts. I try to avoid him, although I'm polite in a minimal way. I can usually find something redeeming in people, but I just can't in him.
Very likely an ESTJ

Sidewinder

MBTI Type
ISFP
I find things just don't click between me and Fe-dominant types (ENFJ or ESFJ). They seem like nice enough people, but the ESFJs I've met are very concerned that everyone's doing what they are supposed to be doing, and the ENFJs always have some social engineering thing going on. They've decided what's best for the world and everyone has to do it. These EFJs have complained to me that: I don't wear a tie to work; that I eat meat (we're all supposed to be vegetarians, apparently); that I drive a car; that I don't do enough to support my political party, and so on. They mean well, but it's kind of annoying.

I'm just interested in what works for me and what makes sense. :doh: