• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Difference Between ISTP And ISFP

L

LadyLazarus

ISTP:
-Get's shit done every once in a while.
-Carsexcercisekillingboom!
-Protagonist of an action movie
-Calmly walks away from explosions
-Clint Eastwood.

ISFP:
-Couch potato
-Remote's too far away.
-Overgrown child.
-Artartfartartart!
-Micheal Jackson.

At least that's what I've gathered from the internet.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well, as I've gotten older I've always thought I was becoming more ISFP. I made an employee of mine cry tonight. I felt bad but not really. I felt bad because they took it as really bad. I'm pretty calm, laid back, accepting...but after twenty times of being nice and not being heard, I will and can implement hard core mode and rip someone up. When we do this I think it throws a lot of people off. Because it's not the "norm". Because I can say things very nicely but after so many times you have to be a dick and in pressure situations, that is what people respond to. So yeah. I'm not ISFP.

Edit: *with people who aren't good in pressure situations. I would take a different approach with different people.

wolfy

awsm
ISTP:
-Get's shit done every once in a while.
-Carsexcercisekillingboom!
-Protagonist of an action movie
-Calmly walks away from explosions
-Clint Eastwood.

ISFP:
-Couch potato
-Remote's too far away.
-Overgrown child.
-Artartfartartart!
-Micheal Jackson.

At least that's what I've gathered from the internet.

lol.

Well, as I've gotten older I've always thought I was becoming more ISFP. I made an employee of mine cry tonight. I felt bad but not really. I felt bad because they took it as really bad. I'm pretty calm, laid back, accepting...but after twenty times of being nice and not being heard, I will and can implement hard core mode and rip someone up. When we do this I think it throws a lot of people off. Because it's not the "norm". Because I can say things very nicely but after so many times you have to be a dick and in pressure situations, that is what people respond to. So yeah. I'm not ISFP.

Edit: *with people who aren't good in pressure situations. I would take a different approach with different people.

I remember being told it was hard to read when I was going to get angry as a leader. Calm, calm and bang. A lot like what you explained here.

I think isfp and istp can be pretty similar irl. There seem to be isfp that are similar to istp, isfp that are more infp, and the same with istp.

Dragonfly

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I did mean ISTP, I just wanted to point out that an ISTP does have Fi somewhere in there. Its just we have a huge dominance for Ti that Fi rarely does show its head.

Shy is about the only portion of timid that I have.

No, we have Fe, yes e, it is our inferior. Don't even talk about functions if you don't know what they are. And you said that we had Ti, which is correct, and if you knew that you should've known that we had Fe because it is the opposite.