• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ESTP] ESTPs, Describe Yourselves Please

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
There is someone I see around college and I have some hunch that he's something like an ESTP. I can't judge on such loosely gathered info, but for now it's better than giving him an immeasurable exam in class. haha But he's a people person, for sure.

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
How does he greet people? Is he warm and inviting or just friendly, gregarious and off the cuff? Does he make edgy jokes? Is he constantly watching and aware of the reactions of the people he's interacting with? Does he seem to approach people like a salesman or promoter, promoting himself or showing off or having a larger-than-life personality?

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Answering by what I see of him according to your criteria, he seems "friendly, gregarious and off the cuff." Constantly jokes, although we don't associate very much personally, so edgy is in the air. haha He seems rather observant of others. Promoting himself or a larger-than-life personality... Not sure, but he jumps into convo's like they're no-one's business. He's friends with practically everyone, seems confident, and we do get along rather well.

I guess there's no way to identify him, but is he a candidate of the ESTP type so far? haha

TickTock

Mud and rain and chaos...
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Very much a candidate. Do uou like this person?

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
Answering by what I see of him according to your criteria, he seems "friendly, gregarious and off the cuff." Constantly jokes, although we don't associate very much personally, so edgy is in the air. haha He seems rather observant of others. Promoting himself or a larger-than-life personality... Not sure, but he jumps into convo's like they're no-one's business. He's friends with practically everyone, seems confident, and we do get along rather well.

I guess there's no way to identify him, but is he a candidate of the ESTP type so far? haha

Yep, sounds like he passes the test so far.

You know what this means, right? You have to invite him here. :yes:

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It's kinda interesting. They always say 'don't put two ENTJS together, there's not enough room for both'. Seems the other alphas don't have that problem?

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
hmm, hahaha. Depends. If the other ESTP is trying to assert himself over me, like what he wants to do or say, then I will not want to hang around for very long. If he gives me room and space to introduce activities or say what I want to say, though, we will get along famously. :D

There's always the possibility of us wearing each other out, I guess, but that's what lack of commitment is for! ;)

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
...If he gives me room and space to introduce activities or say what I want to say, though, we will get along famously. :D

Exactly! This is what my ESFP friend and I do all the time. We crack each other up, non-stop. I swear my abdomen hurts for days after I get back home from visiting him. We always end up conjuring up the most ridiculous stuff and intoxicating innocent bystanders with our non-sense. It is truly funny shit, I am so thankful to have a kindred spirit who is as looney as I am! :yim_rolling_on_the_

There's always the possibility of us wearing each other out, I guess, but that's what lack of commitment is for! ;)

Ha! Then you both go off and mess with other people and meet up later! Problem solved! :cheese:

Gloriana

Patron Saint Of Smileys
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Exactly! This is what my ESFP friend and I do all the time. We crack each other up, non-stop. I swear my abdomen hurts for days after I get back home from visiting him. We always end up conjuring up the most ridiculous stuff and intoxicating innocent bystanders with our non-sense. It is truly funny shit, I am so thankful to have a kindred spirit who is as looney as I am! :yim_rolling_on_the_

LOL! This made me think of my ESTP friend, is there some kind of symbiotic lunacy relationship with ESTPs and INFJs by any chance? We both seem to innately understand the beauty of absurdity, and it's like we go off on these really wacky tangents with each other without even having to discuss what we're doing with each other first.

Case in point, we were on a bus sitting next to each other and had a 20 minute ride to get through. We started doing this spontaneous word association thing out loud. It started with us both just saying words with no inflection, then it went to us saying the words with all different emotions, then it escalated into us saying the words at each other angrily like we were having some odd game of one-upmanship. I can't remember the words, but it was akin to:

ME: Juice.
HIM: Orange.
ME: Fresh.
HIM: Fish.
ME: (sweetly) Chips!!
HIM: (droll) Cheeeap.
ME: (bursting) Chump!
HIM: (sad) Chimp.
ME: MONKEY!!!!
HIM: HAIRY!!!
ME: (insulted) PUPPY!!!!
HIM: (disgusted) KITTEN!!!!!

To this day we do stuff like that when we see each other, it's like out psyches meet up without our knowledge and meet up at the right moment to carry out some plan they made, lol. It's weird but extremely fun.

Sorry, that sort of off topic.

Back on OPs original topic:

If I were to describe my ESTP friend, these things stick out to me but I can't say how much is strictly ESTP or not (Halla could confirm or deny I'm sure :)):

*Can talk to ANYONE and has this ability to be the sunshine in any room that everyone clambers to stand in.

*Thinks on his feet and usually gets projects done by the skin of his teeth, is amazing at pulling things off with little planning involved.

*Likes to provoke others, but in this good natured and charming way that seems to make people happy he just provoked them.

*Is usually convinced he is god incarnate, and considers me (and pretty much everyone else) to be his loving, adoring disciples (He's not completely wrong on that either).

*Makes it impossible to stay mad at him because he knows exactly how to 'work' me and get on my good side and bad side AT THE SAME TIME.

Last edited:

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
Yes, amen! :D :D :D :D

Ha! Then you both go off and mess with other people and meet up later! Problem solved! :cheese:
I think I actually realized what it is. My friend tested as ENTP the other day, I didn't realize he was so intuitive, but that explains why everything he says is so over my head! :rofl1: Seriously, he has the ability to bring together tons of different ideas and elements in a way that just confounds and confuses me all at the same time. And, it seriously wears me out. He has to be so precise in everything and have order in his life, and it drives me insane sometimes. I love the dude, though. I'm just saying, I don't think we speak the same language.

But it's not an ESTP thing, I think another ESTP and I could hang for hours at a time. I think my coworker might be one, and we get along swimmingly. :cheese:

LOL! This made me think of my ESTP friend, is there some kind of symbiotic lunacy relationship with ESTPs and INFJs by any chance? We both seem to innately understand the beauty of absurdity, and it's like we go off on these really wacky tangents with each other without even having to discuss what we're doing with each other first.
Wow, yes, I've just realized this lately. Where's Meseri when you need him? He can attest to just how crazy our humor gets around each other. Even though we're shadows of each other and have different ways of going about things and I make fun of him all the time, we have this strange mutual understanding of some things and play off each other's jokes all the freakin' time.

It's very interesting.

To this day we do stuff like that when we see each other, it's like out psyches meet up without our knowledge and meet up at the right moment to carry out some plan they made, lol. It's weird but extremely fun.
YES!

*Can talk to ANYONE and has this ability to be the sunshine in any room that everyone clambers to stand in.
HAHA! So me. I tend to attract the attention of everybody around me and get them laughing like nobody's business. People are constantly competing for my attention. :yes:

*Thinks on his feet and usually gets projects done by the skin of his teeth, is amazing at pulling things off with little planning involved.
ROFL! Yes, sometimes they're late but if I absolutely need to do something on time it will get done.

Case in point, once our coworker's job was threatened if we didn't get everything done by 7AM so I did the fastest work I'd ever done and helped save the day. I was told by one of the longtime dayshift workers that day that I was really good.

I had to zone several aisles of drink products and rush over to the frozen section and stock a couple of carts of products and then help zone at the end, all in just a couple of hours. We got done right at the stroke of 7:00 AM. It was nothing short of a miracle. :D

*Likes to provoke others, but in this good natured and charming way that seems to make people happy he just provoked them.
hahahahaha... don't think I can add anything to that. Meseri can elaborate. I'm truly a lovable asshole. ;)

*Is usually convinced he is god incarnate, and considers me (and pretty much everyone else) to be his loving, adoring disciples (He's not completely wrong on that either).
I try not to hold pretentions, but it's obvious everybody adores me and I revel in that. If I totally let myself go I would get so high off my popularity I would never need another drug again. :newwink:

*Makes it impossible to stay mad at him because he knows exactly how to 'work' me and get on my good side and bad side AT THE SAME TIME.
hahahaha. Like when they give you that angry smile because they can't totally be angry at you?

Yes, precisely. A++++, would read again.