• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SP] Salamander SPs!

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
Very nice, Halla, and very well put.

Its possible to see both sides of things logically and its even possible to think 2 different things because of one small difference that we may know about you. Remember that every situation is different. If one person likes doing something and someone else doesnt you may have the exact same situation and we will give 2 different responses.

Precisely! :hug:

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I can see both sides of most everything. No matter how thin you slice it there's always two sides. There is no real you anyway, just the memory of what was.

Mother of all creation! You dropped three pages of wisdom in three sentences. :nice:

Its possible to see both sides of things logically and its even possible to think 2 different things because of one small difference that we may know about you. Remember that every situation is different. If one person likes doing something and someone else doesnt you may have the exact same situation and we will give 2 different responses.

Poki, I must have responded around the same time you did, I only now read your post. It took me a few passes because of its detail, but I get it, and I agree with you. It's not normal for me to respond from the detail level, you do it very well. :cool:

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
I agree, I think the ISXPs must be the best SPs at explaining the intricacies of being an Artisan. :D

I really do see most things as relative.

Keirsey says that Idealists are the dogmatic temperament whereas the Artisans are the agnostic temperament. haha. So true.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I agree, I think the ISXPs must be the best SPs at explaining the intricacies of being an Artisan. :D

I really do see most things as relative.

Keirsey says that Idealists are the dogmatic temperament whereas the Artisans are the agnostic temperament. haha. So true.

Props to our ISXP brothers and sisters for revealing the big truths that lie between the lines of the finest details.

Things are relative to me, guaranteed.

I'd rather be called agnostic than dogmatic anyday! :newwink:

Go Team-SP! :rock:

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't know that I can add to what you wrote above, I think it's well put.

I will offer the following. I am very well liked and regarded highly by those who know me. Friendships are very special to me and I go out of my way to help those that I call dear. Like everyone else, I am human, and there have been times when I have screwed up, some of the small and some of them huge. The bottom line is though that I make right whatever wrong I might have done. The reason I think this is relevant to the topic at hand is the following age old adage:

ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS.

I am a man of action. Most ESTPs are. Although I often have alot to say about everything, when something needs to be done, I have the wherewithall and gumption to make it so. Why? Because I believe in doing the right things for the right reasons, and I also don't like my intentions to be questioned. The easiest way to lay such inquiries to rest is to point out your historical precedents, by calling attention to your actions that nullify any doubts about you. Life is not just about random acts of kindness, doing what you believe in, or setting an example because it is the right thing to do, it's about all of them, and I have found that when you consistetnly live as such, when the time comes for testimony of your character to be verified, it is very easy to do, and you do not have to utter a single word, and sometimes that says more than anything.

[GROUP 0:] Many do nothing, they let life happen around them.

[GROUP 1:] There are those that can. (Some)

[GROUP 2:] There are those that will. (Fewer)

[GROUP 3:] There are those that can AND will. (Few and far between)

I've always been a member of GROUP 3. Just because SPs are capable of social interaction in a highly successful manner does not mean they are insincere. I call bullshit on that line of thought, I've never liked the tone of it actually, it is condescending. :dont:

No, this does make sense, particularly the actions speak louder than words part. I think you are right about needing to pay attention to that more than anything else, when observing another person (of any type!). I wasn't out to offend any SPs, by the way...that's just kind of the way I see it. I'm not much of a relativist myself and sometimes I think it's a fine line between trying to see things from the other person's perspective (actually, INFJs do that a lot) and compromising your own principles. I can't say I'm exactly 100%consistent myself, either. I suspect an NF such as myself is more likely to back off if they really don't agree with someone else, rather than try to find a way to agree with them...

NFs and SPs have things to learn from each other! :yes:

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
Props to our ISXP brothers and sisters for revealing the big truths that lie between the lines of the finest details.
Amen!

I've found Jeffster is amazing at this.

Yep, leaves tons of room to be realistic and observational! :yes:

:party2:

I'm not much of a relativist myself and sometimes I think it's a fine line between trying to see things from the other person's perspective (actually, INFJs do that a lot) and compromising your own principles.
I guess the thing is having principles in the first place, haha. :newwink:

NFs and SPs have things to learn from each other! :yes:
True! I'm always open to learning more as long as it isn't shoved down my throat.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
True! I'm always open to learning more as long as it isn't shoved down my throat.

I keep wrapping the pills in cheese, but you keep spitting them back out in your food dish! COME ON.

wolfy

awsm
Speaking of pills. I really like the Japanese saying Good medicine is bitter to the taste. It sure is. It's a bitter pill to swallow.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Its wierd because sometimes I feel like an Introverted ESTP. In groups or people I am comfortable around I turn more ESTP, but not quite as verbal. Most of the time though I sit in ISTP. I dont feel like I can be consistant and still mesh with different people. Its like I worry they will think I am fake, never thought of it as being a Salamander until now.

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
It's funny, my ISTP friend at work is definitely introverted but when it comes to our crew he's loud and boisterous, joking and laughing very disruptively. I love it. He's a real nut like me. Definitely theatric.

I keep wrapping the pills in cheese, but you keep spitting them back out in your food dish! COME ON.

Then why doncha try giving me a spoonful of sugar, sugar? ;)

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
No sugar for you!

I think it's important to bear in mind that I/E isn't so much about "volume" as preferred function order. I'm an E, but I'm very held-back generally. I activate around others, but spend a lot of quiet time to myself.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Why does he say the salamander is a "mythical creature?" I mean, I've seen salamanders before, they're totally real.

I've found Jeffster is amazing at this.

THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
No sugar for you!

It is a well known fact that SPs prefer to take their pills while breast feeding, and if that is not an option then jello shots will do. :yes:

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
No sugar for you!
:tongue10:

I'll get some from you some way or another!

Why does he say the salamander is a "mythical creature?" I mean, I've seen salamanders before, they're totally real.
Naw, he was talking about the quality ascribed to it. From Wikipedia:

The salamander is an amphibian of the order Urodela. As with many real creatures, pre-modern authors often ascribed fantastic qualities to it (compare the allegorical descriptions of animals in Medieval bestiaries), and in recent times some have come to identify a legendary salamander as a distinct concept from the real organism. This idea is most highly developed in the occult. Where the two concepts can be distinguished, the legendary salamander is most often depicted much like a typical salamander in shape, with a lizard-like form, but it is usually ascribed an affinity with fire (sometimes specifically elemental fire).

THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID.
Yeah, well your momma said it to me last night. ;) :D

It is a well known fact that SPs prefer to take their pills while breast feeding, and if that is not an option then jello shots will do. :yes:
hah! YES! Breast-feeding, there we go, Pink! You can let me breast-feed. :newwink:

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You people are animals. Salamanders, to be specific. lol

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You *are* a booby. lol

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
Meseri was telling me at work that the word "boob" used to mean a dumb person, and that's why you'd hear things like, "you boob" and "the boob tube" as another name for "the idiot box". He then speculated (as fact, as he usually does :rolli:) that that was why breasts were called boobs, because it made men stupid.

That's when I said, "I can look at boobs and still figure out that 1 + 1 = 2!" :laugh:

Our other coworker just rolled his eyes and said, "Stupid!"