• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SP] Questions for SPs about love

seamaid

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Oooh, I'm stealing this thread idea from Coeur... just for you SPs out there.

Can you dig it? Do you dare? -->

This refers to general love, both romantic and platonic. Answer as many or as few questions as you wish.

1. Define love in your own words.
2. What does love feel like for you?
3. How do you prefer to recieve love?
4. How do you show your love? Is expressing it easy or difficult? Are you effusive or reserved?
5. How many people do you TRULY love?
6. How long does it take for you to truly love someone?
7. What causes you to love someone?
8. Have you experienced unrequited love? If so, describe your feelings about it.
9. Are your feelings towards people consistant, or do you fluctate between love and hate?
10. Is it difficult for you to love people? Do you guard yourself, or are you open?

Unique

When I feel a connection and can be completely comfortable around them for me its something developed over time

I've only been in love with someone that doesn't love me in return so I can't say I'll have an unbiased answer, its hurts, it hurts a lot but hypothetically if we were together it would be like having my other half, pure bliss

Affection and a mental connection. Materialism etc isn't important

4. How do you show your love? Is expressing it easy or difficult? Are you effusive or reserved?

I'm reserved, I show my love with my actions and hope you pick up on them, I show you with affection and body language, I will smile when you're around and be happy to talk to you for long lengths of time

Just one

A decent amount of time... can take up to a year... definitely months which unfortunately rules out a lot of candidates...

Not sure I know the answer to that one, I'll edit this if I think of it

8. Have you experienced unrequited love? If so, describe your feelings about it.

I have indeed, and describing my feelings on it isn't exactly my thing but they are there

9. Are your feelings towards people consistant, or do you fluctate between love and hate?

Very consistent

10. Is it difficult for you to love people? Do you guard yourself, or are you open?

It's not hard once I find the right person I'm quite open, at first I may seem guarded though

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Mine may come out sounding a bit bitter!! Will try to not skew it too much.

Well, its a feeling. Like your hearts jumping around and saying "yippity skippity!!" all the time. But at the same time just a feeling of peace and comfort and wanting the best for your partner(or friend or whatever.) and wanting to know the most about them that you can. This is pretty simplified but... It really is just a feeling, like any other feleing.
See above.
Spending time together. Lots of affection, someone listening and caring.
4. How do you show your love? Is expressing it easy or difficult? Are you effusive or reserved? Difficult. I'm pretty reserved about it. Lots of hugs and just making sure I spend enough time with the person. I'm conservative with my words, though.
Non-romantically? I don't know. My family is pretty big. Friend-wise I would say maybe 10 people. Romantically, 1.
At least a year... I've expressed it before a year though.
Not sure. Some kind of a mental connection mixed with spending enough time together mixed with some commonalities, mixed with quality of time spent, conversations had.
Yes.. very very sad.. Tends to put me into a dreamy, quiet melancholy state.
9. Are your feelings towards people consistant, or do you fluctate between love and hate? I'm pretty consistent. I get mad a lot, but don't usually change my general feelings for a person.
10. Is it difficult for you to love people? Do you guard yourself, or are you open? Naturally quite guarded and find it difficult, but I am getting better. No reason to be afraid, cause its just a feeling!! Its not gonna kill ya!

ster

I love love. Btw, I've never found in anyone true love (romantic love), so I'm answering strictly based on love as love is, and as it comes in my experience. I'm curious to know the answer of other ISFPs.

-- Ultimately, God is love.
-- Desire to serve, sacrifice, comfort, please, cherish, nourish, be available to someone, be what that person needs, appreciate and be receptive of what the other person offers.
-- Be genuinely appreciated. Receive whatever the person offers.
-- Very difficult to show love. Not expressively affectionate, extremely reserved. I show love by carrying out the answers in #2. If I can't show love in those ways because the person finds it too emotional, I really don't have much other way to show love but to let them know they're always accepted and appreciated by me (I try doing this in their own love language).
-- So so so many. So many.
-- Different for each person. Usually, not that long -- most of the people around me are amazing.
-- If there is in that person: sincerity, honesty, honest heart, desire for truth, pursuing truth, willingness to learn.
-- Yes. It's odd.
-- Quite consistent, mostly. But yes, there are definitely those that I love/hate. Mostly because I could see the source of what I hate in a person, and I know whatever happens happens for a reason.
-- Very guarded and distant, outwardly. But inwardly, I can't help but love everyone most of the time (it's exhaustingly sweet). Of the boys that I've found myself to love, none of them have ever known. But of the girls, my love is usually expressed during 1on1 conversations or impossible times. On openness, I usually open slightly (or drastically) less than the other person.

Julie1962

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram

Total acceptance of a person; their weaknesses and strengths.

Romantic love feels wonderful; physically, mentally and emotionally.
Platonic love is fulfilling, nurturing, warm.
The love I feel for my kids is fierce, protective, unconditional.

Being treated well .. being respectful and honest with me as well as spending time with me and being patient with me. And as I've said before .. I like to receive it in bed!

Same as I like to receive it .. by treating someone well and doing things for them as well as listening to their problems and concerns. It is hard to express .. I don't easily say "I love you". I'd rather show them somehow .. physically being the best avenue. .

One too many.

Months?

When they show their humanity, their flaws and vulnerabilities.

Yes on a couple of occasions. It feels good to truly love someone but after a while of not receiving it back it is crushing. It is hard to let go and takes a while to recover from. Such is life.

Once I've fallen, I can't get up.

I am guarded for the most part so yes, it is difficult for me to like, let alone love someone. I have let my guard down to only a few trusted people.

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

This refers to general love, both romantic and platonic. Answer as many or as few questions as you wish.

Are you curious about an SP you know, I wonder?

1. Define love in your own words. Admiration with tolerance/exception. I probably don't have the loveliest views on it.

2. What does love feel like for you? It's unsettling. lol An adrenaline rush. Getting flustered here and there. All part of the territory.

3. How do you prefer to recieve love? I really don't know.

LOL I'm gonna stop there, I won't be much help, but I hope you find what you're looking for.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Love breaks the chains
Love aches for everyone of us
Love takes the tears and the pain, and it turns it in-
To the beauty that remains.

millerm277

MBTI Type
ISTP
A sort of connection, and being completely at ease around them. It takes time..

I show it through my actions and the things I do, and being close with the person. I'm not good about showing it in public though. My displays of love are kept private.

Parents, sister, girlfriend. Other family members too, but not on that level.

Couple months, but there are exceptions.

A certain spark/connection, along with spending time together and getting closer..

No.

My feelings are consistent, even when i'm pissed off greatly at someone, I don't "no longer love them", and they know it.

Yes. But those that I let in, I'm very open with. There isn't much middle ground there..

Kingfisher

full of love
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
i really agree a lot with almost everything millerm277 said.

a deep connection, to me it is unexplainable, it is felt.

energizing! happy. maybe that is too simple, but it makes me happy. ;)

just spending time together, washing the dishes or whatever. i don't like big showy displays of love.

well it is pretty easy when i love someone, but it is not effusive. i show it by doing things for the person, being with them. i like to kiss a lot, i like passionate kisses.

Maya (my girlfriend), my mother, my best friend. other good friends don't even come close. i guess that is harsh, but i don't love easily.

quite a while, many months, i have big time commitment issues to push through.

i just do. don't overthink it. ;)

8. Have you experienced unrequited love?
no

consistent

i am very guarded.

riel

MBTI Type
ISFP

Love is when you accept the other person for who he/she is, along with his/her imperfections.

I feel comfortable around the people that I love...it's like I can always express myself towards them.

3. How do you prefer to receive love?

With a sincere heart :heart:

I'm a reserved person, so it's quite difficult for me to express love.

2..they're my bestfriends anyway.

After we had passed through the good times and the bad times... :)

When I feel comfortable towards him/her.

It was mostly infatuation...so imo, no.

9. Are your feelings towards people consistent, or do you fluctate between love and hate?

Depending on the situation, I alternate between the two.

Ever since I was a child, I am guarded in expressing love for people, even people that I'm really comfortable with...I just naturally tend to be reserved in expressing emotions in general...don't know why..I try..but I revert back to my old ways.

pardo

MBTI Type
istp
A chemical intoxication of the brain, that may be necessary to prolong our existence as a species, but is generally prone to cause more trouble than good in the long run for the subject involved.
An idealization, harboured by some people, of the above facts into the romantic concept we call love.
An unwritten rule of our society that the above idealization is true and must not be put under any critical scrutiny. Almost a dogma for many people.

it feels like.. "ahhh.. mhhh.. sweet.. love... blabla... oh shit look at yourself man... im gonna regret this... hell, lets just drink a beer and play a game for now.."

uhm.. sex, loyalty, and understanding of my unique nature and need for free 'me'-time..
I don't have big needs, I take care of my own interests alone, so just being there is enough.

It depends on the moment... mostly I'm physically affectionate...
I absolutely can't, and hate, putting anything into words, it makes me feel stupid, and it's all a game anyway.
Oh, and I sometimes do things for my SO, when my normal mode of living would be to happily ignore everyone.

what is TRULY? Sounds like a Feeler word to me... so the answer is zero probably.. apart from myself, that is..

uhm... In my case I'd rather ask "how long does it take to get fed up with someone?" XD
I don't know anyway, 1 second, 1 hour, 1 century... doesn't matter, the only difference between "truly" or "not truly" is the amount of tears and sniffs to put up with, when the end comes.

uhm shit, I read "leave" instead of "love" here...... looks like I'm really not in the mood today..... lulz

I was very young (and stupid). Nowadays it just doesn't happen anymoar. No wait, it happened a few years ago...! The nearest feeling I can link to the experience is that of... liquid fecal matter, maybe?
Seriously, when she refused me, I think I had something similar to a heart attack. We were friends... before. I cut all contacts afterwards.

My feelings are mostly consistent in their lack of existence...

I don't know. I'm a very spontaneous person, but I'm just not into people. I really feel that questions like this are geared towards a Feeler type, who has, you know, feelings for each and everyone and spends infinite hours thinking about others and his degree of relationship to them. I'm not like that, I don't know, and I don't care. What happens, happens.

aguanile

MBTI Type
IXXP
Enneagram
4w5

1. Define love in your own words. Ranges from loyalty to chemistry.
2. What does love feel like for you? An intense connection to another person.
3. How do you prefer to recieve love? In actions and words.
4. How do you show your love? Is expressing it easy or difficult? Are you effusive or reserved? I write cards, I take care of them. Definitely reserved.
5. How many people do you TRULY love? Wow. That's a deep question.
6. How long does it take for you to truly love someone? As long as it takes for me to feel that intense connection. Ranges from person to person
7. What causes you to love someone? It's out of my control.
8. Have you experienced unrequited love? If so, describe your feelings about it. Unrequited like = yes. And it sucks.
9. Are your feelings towards people consistant, or do you fluctate between love and hate? I can fluctuate between love and annoyance
10. Is it difficult for you to love people? Do you guard yourself, or are you open? Yes and I guard.

Fading Dead Star

MBTI Type
ISFP
I've a question for the elders:

Do you still have feelings for your first crush?

Sometimes I come across pictures on social networking sites of a girl I fell head over heels in love for - she turned me down - and the same feeling I felt when I was trying to ask her out happens.

All the blood just rushes into my organs and my stomach feels compacted.

I just want to know if this feeling will ever truly go away. I mean, it doesn't happen often, especially since I don't go to school any more so I dont see her, but I don't know whether the feeling will re-occur if I do happen to see her again.

fway

Enneagram
8w79
Something where baby doesn't hurt you no more?
Seriously, love is something that can be felt through mankind. It can be encouraged and repressed.

A bunch of mixed signals needing to be understood.

Words, body contact (kissing, holding hands).

Depends. I am mostly reserved about it.

Hard to say. (I'm not counting blood relatives)

It doesn't take very long to be infatuated with someone. However, to truly love someone I have to be infatuated first, then move on to truly loving someone, so maybe a month?

Physically: Eyes. Facial structure. Body, eh not so important.
Emotionally: Stability is key.
Other: There needs to be a connection between the both of us in order to really hit it off. Either physically or emotionally.

Naw.

Fluctuation until that person is out of my mind.

Sometimes I find it difficult, but not as difficult in years past. I am starting to open up more now.

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
I had a headache just thinking about responding to this before, but now I think I'm ready:

A harmonious connection with someone else that goes deeper than surface distinctions yet encourages, and is even obsessed with, the differences.

Hm, going by the definition I just gave, I'd say it feels very moving and fulfilling. It's able to keep one rooted somewhere regardless of his penchant for adventure and wanderlust. That's how it occurs to me, at least. It's a very strong magnetic pull that causes you to see the person in a very wonderful and non-critical light (the latter is pretty hard for me sometimes).

Appreciation, attention, and plenty of physical affection. The more you pay attention to me and the more responsive you are, the more I will feel loved. I pretty much need constant attention, although that might sound pathetic. If I'm not getting an energetic and almost-constant display of it from someone I really like although I'm giving that out myself I feel ignored.

If I really feel and experience love toward someone I have no trouble showing it unless I think it's not reciprocated. I usually feel as if I can win someone over to my affection but if after alot of work I still don't get much back I will generally give up and stop caring.

I have many friends whom I truly love for just being who they are and their reciprocation of that. I love my family in a different way but not with less depth, I'd say, though they don't always feel as close to me as they'd want.

It depends much less on quantity of time and more on quality. The more intentional giving of oneself there is, the more affection and excitement in the relationship the more likely there is for a deeper connection to be established.

Them truly being themselves and being a tolerant person who loves for me to be myself and truly appreciates my presence.

Yes. It sucks. I end up feeling offended if I'm simply ignored or just plain despondent and lost even if I'm not. I usually don't see why the person doesn't like me enough to want to be with me, even if they've found someone else.

Depends on how deep the connection that was made. I switch between liking or disliking someone from moment to moment so it's usually nothing big, but if there's a deeper connection there I'm less likely to spurn the person. If there's not, I might avoid them if I don't like them or just not give them appreciation.

I think I have a natural defense to keep myself from being hurt or embarrassed but this mostly manifests as clever mechanisms to make myself seem more presentable and charming, like an irritant that a clam uses to make a pearl. If I see that you like me despite my idiosyncracies or weird quirks, then you have instantly won me over and I'll be especially affectionate and generous toward you and do anything to keep the friendship vibrant and alive.

jo savage

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5/6
Love is an intense emotion that fuels irrational decisions.

Spinning out of control. Panic.

Quiet moments together. Doing things together.

Expressing it is so difficult! I mean it's difficult for me, but it just kind of explodes out of me. I have been known to make things for people. Once I wrote someone a story about us in the vigenerre cipher and spent time binding it and painting the pages pretty, and they never mentioned it after I gave it to them. That was a good two years ago and it still stings a bit. So, screw that, I just hang out with people now, I will devote most of my time to them. They may not realize this because it might seem like only a bit of the week with them, but I'm not spending it with anyone else but them, the rest of the time I'm by myself.

I care about my little brother's well-being. I detest a lot of people. I say I'm in love with an INFP right now, but I'm starting to think that was just an emotional and irrational outburst.

A lifetime. I might realize I love them as I'm about to die. LMAO

I think about them all the fucking time and I start to piss myself, then I think I've got it BAD.

8. Have you experienced unrequited love? If so, describe your feelings about it.No

Fluctuate, except for a recent development with this INFP I keep talking about (grrrr) I haven't been annoyed by him at all. I haven't wanted to get as far away from him as possible. Usually I can only hang out with anyone in small doses, even my closest friend.

Difficult.