• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SP] SP Dads

wolfy

awsm
Seeing as there is two of you I thought I'd start a thread where the SP dads can put stupid stories and inane advice. And you can ask dumb questions.

Kingfisher

full of love
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
hahaha! stupid inane and dumb, i like the tone you set here!! :laugh:

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
BEST THREAD IDEA EVER

I've found a good thing to say when your kid starts a sentence with "I want..":

"Well, I want a million dollars, so as soon as my wish is granted, yours will be too!" :D

wolfy

awsm
Kids can't cry and look up at the same time. So when they start balling you say 'look! there's a helicopter!' and they stop.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
(1) When my kids say: "I want _______."I say: "That's great! And I want a red truck!" :cheese:

(2) I scare the heck out of my kids regularly, daily I think. They have both gotten very good at reciprocating. My 4 year old just scared the hell out of me while I started browsing this forum! :D

(3) I take my kids out to run errands and then I say "OK, Dad just made an executive decision. We are going to the ice cream shop and getting Sundaes, and there is NOTHING either of you can do to talk me out of it." Then they both start griping (in jest) "Awwww man! Ice cream sucks! We hate ice cream!" :rofl1:

wolfy

awsm
My kids and I like to practice comedy routines together. Having fun and learning is what's it's all about.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Remember - if you swallow an appleseed, an apple tree will grow in your stomach.

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
This thread is great, more lies to tell kids please. :)

D

Dali

Whatever you do, NEVER promise a kid a reward if a target (at school or wherever) is achieved and then not follow through.

I have bitter memories of my SP dad not following through on SO much stuff promised. e.g. holidays, outings, gifts...

Oy, get away from me. I didn't ask for a hug. :p

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
BEST THREAD IDEA EVER

I've found a good thing to say when your kid starts a sentence with "I want..":

"Well, I want a million dollars, so as soon as my wish is granted, yours will be too!" :D

My usual answer to this is "Well, I want a solid gold toilet, but we don't always get what we want, do we?"

Disclaimer: I am not an SP dad

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
My usual answer to this is "Well, I want a solid gold toilet, but we don't always get what we want, do we?"

:laugh: Of all the things to be solid gold, why would you pick the toilet? Haha.

Disclaimer: I am not an SP dad

INTRUDER! INTRUDER!

;)

Eowyn

MBTI Type
ESfP
Enneagram
I'm an SP mom, but I end up doing half the stuff the SP dads do.

The first two lessons my kids learn:

a) sarcasm

b) how to accept correction while their parents are laughing their asses off.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My son has pirate treasure that someone told him was called pirate booty. I told him he has to always use pirate before booty and he asked why. I stupidly said if you didnt then it would just come out "I found the booty". then I proceeded to slap myself in the head while he cracked up laughing.

Fading Dead Star

MBTI Type
ISFP
I want to be a dad! :cry:
I especially want a daughter, since I've grown up with two brothers all my life.
I dunno, I guess I'm at the stage where I really want to accomplish things, and having a daughter is one of them.

D

Dali

^ +1

I'm torn between wanting to stay a bachelor till I'm 40 AND wanting to have kids while in my twenties. I think I'd make a pretty cool dad (kinda like the dads that have posted so far). :D

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
A bird in the hand....makes blowing your nose difficult.

wolfy

awsm
Speaking of girls it's fun to say 'Got a girlfriend?' to your son.