• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SP] SP Dads

wolfy

awsm
2.jpg

Not my photo but what a great expression. Bliss.

countrygirl

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Last night my eldest daughter lost her first tooth. Here is the letter the tooth fairy (my husband) left for her:

Thank you J. for the wonderful tooth. Your first is very special!

Sincerely,

The Tooth Fairy

P.S. A special thank you for the Jello. It's a nice treat. Here is your reward. (under the paper was a $10)

This is more than I usually give for tooth #1 but I could tell you were a very good brusher of teeth and it was an excellecnt condition tooth. WELL DONE.

-------------

She was very surprised that the Tooth Fairy ate her Jello.

wolfy

awsm
Classic. The tooth fairy doesn't actually come to Japan, though for some reason she makes a special trip to our house.

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
WHAT?! Santa and the tooth fairy arent real?!! :shock:
What have I been living for?!

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ISTP playing

After watching kung fu panda I grabbed my son(5), spun him around my back, over my shoulder, lifted him up in the air with one hand and slammed him down onto our couch. Its extremely soft.

I was play wrestling with my nephew who is like 3. He climbed on the couch, I grabbed him by one ankle and held him in the air upside down by his ankle straight out in front of me.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ISTP playing

After watching kung fu panda I grabbed my son(5), spun him around my back, over my shoulder, lifted him up in the air with one hand and slammed him down onto our couch. Its extremely soft.

I was play wrestling with my nephew who is like 3. He climbed on the couch, I grabbed him by one ankle and held him in the air upside down by his ankle straight out in front of me.

Absolutely! My kids (7 and 4) love playing WWE! :yes:

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Absolutely! My kids (7 and 4) love playing WWE! :yes:

I was spinning my niece around this past weekend and everytime I did her mom would hide her eyes. She was standing on my stomach and I grabbed her thigh just above her knee and lifted her off my stomach so she was balancing and then proceeded to go from a laying position to a standing position while she was holding her body straight then get back down to a laying position.

I am always the one who will pick up kids and throw them into the pool. Was doing it at my aunts house one time and a heavier set kid probably around 10 that was somehow related walked up. He got all excited because I was able to pick him up and throw him in the pool. It felt good because he probably gets left out of things like that.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I was spinning my niece around this past weekend and everytime I did her mom would hide her eyes. She was standing on my stomach and I grabbed her thigh just above her knee and lifted her off my stomach so she was balancing and then proceeded to go from a laying position to a standing position while she was holding her body straight then get back down to a laying position.

Nice! Cirque de Soleil, right in your family room! :D

I am always the one who will pick up kids and throw them into the pool. Was doing it at my aunts house one time and a heavier set kid probably around 10 that was somehow related walked up. He got all excited because I was able to pick him up and throw him in the pool. It felt good because he probably gets left out of things like that.

Oh this one rocks. :rock: I do the same with my girls in the pool. When we are in the pool I get them in about 4 feet of water, and grab them under their arms, then we count 1, 2, 3! And on 3, they jump up, and I push up with my legs and press them vertically over my head in a backward direction...then release them. My 7 year old loves this because she is big boned, and wishes she were still a little kid. My 4 year old goes crazy, she loves this, she goes rocketing through the air cackling in delight, while the other Mom's and Dad's pretend nothing is happening...HAAA!!!! :yim_rolling_on_the_

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Nice! Cirque de Soleil, right in your family room! :D

Oh this one rocks. :rock: I do the same with my girls in the pool. When we are in the pool I get them in about 4 feet of water, and grab them under their arms, then we count 1, 2, 3! And on 3, they jump up, and I push up with my legs and press them vertically over my head in a backward direction...then release them. My 7 year old loves this because she is big boned, and wishes she were still a little kid. My 4 year old goes crazy, she loves this, she goes rocketing through the air cackling in delight, while the other Mom's and Dad's pretend nothing is happening...HAAA!!!! :yim_rolling_on_the_

Yeah, I do it from the side of the pool. i will basically pick them up in a seated position, then in a push press movement launch them into the pool. I do it for that added height above the water. If its not my kid I can see the nervousness in the parents face :yim_rolling_on_the_ Of course you always end up with a kid that squirms and lands in a belly flop, poor poor kid:doh:

edit: I gotta find an indoor pool now with no boring rules.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yeah, I do it from the side of the pool. i will basically pick them up in a seated position, then in a push press movement launch them into the pool. I do it for that added height above the water. If its not my kid I can see the nervousness in the parents face :yim_rolling_on_the_ Of course you always end up with a kid that squirms and lands in a belly flop, poor poor kid:doh:

edit: I gotta find an indoor pool now with no boring rules.

I'll try that in the spring. :yes:

Rules? You mean "guidelines", right? :newwink:

Sinmara

Not Your Therapist
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My ISTP father once stapled us to the wall when we were misbehaving and let us hang there spread-eagled until our mom got home.

Sinmara

Not Your Therapist
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
THAT is awesome.

Oh, that's not even the most impressive thing he's done. The stories I have concerning that man's ideas of how to raise a child...it was mental warfare, I tell you! :eek:

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Oh, that's not even the most impressive thing he's done. The stories I have concerning that man's ideas of how to raise a child...it was mental warfare, I tell you! :eek:

Ok, I may do this to my son:blush:, I swear I dont do it to be mean always:doh:. I can reverse engineer thoughts and things on the fly and always use the back door so to say. I couldnt tell you how many time I sneaked up on someone who was trying to sneak up on me.

Sometimes its stupid things like I hear them walking up to the door because they are talking and right when they get to the door I knock on it from the inside.

Or wiring the doorbell into my room so I can mess with someone.

Sinmara

Not Your Therapist
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I can reverse engineer thoughts and things on the fly and always use the back door so to say. I couldnt tell you how many time I sneaked up on someone who was trying to sneak up on me.

Sometimes its stupid things like I hear them walking up to the door because they are talking and right when they get to the door I knock on it from the inside.

Or wiring the doorbell into my room so I can mess with someone.

LOL! You have described my dad's attitude perfectly. ;)

And by mental warfare, I didn't necessarily mean it as a bad thing, though it pretty much was hell at the time. You see, since we're both xSTP, we're both able to reverse-engineer thoughts and anticipate another person's actions. I completely baffled the man because his tricks didn't work on me! In fact, I threw them right back at him! He was so used to people dancing like little puppets whenever he pulled the strings that I both surprised and irritated him that I danced around his efforts and yanked his strings right back, lol.

It was an 18-year game of POKE poke POKE poke POKe poke POKE poke...

The reason I say it wasn't all bad is that because of this, I learned from the master. :devil: