• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SP] Virtuosity - What have you pursued?

mwhaha

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
i have always been very interested in music and learning instruments.

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I always wanted to be a singer. That was my number one aspiration. But I also felt I was horrible at it so I didn't really pursue it until I was 16. I feel like I screwed myself over. All that time and I could have learned an instrument as well to go along with singing, but noooooo. I had zero self confidence. As embarrassing as it may sound, next year I'm actually trying out for American Idol, so I'm glad I'm at least that much closer to attempting to pursue this dream.

I've better myself in belly dancing, hip hop, salsa and cheer (bleh). I had to teach myself all of that myself because we were always too poor to pay for lessons and I never stayed in a school long enough to try out for dance teams.

But really, my dream is to be a singer and have a huge hand in my creative business. I have ideas for choreography, music, and videos. I have the creativity for it, now I'm trying to perfect the abilities. Now I need someone with experience to lead me in the right direction.

Kingfisher

full of love
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
I always wanted to be a singer. That was my number one aspiration. But I also felt I was horrible at it so I didn't really pursue it until I was 16. I feel like I screwed myself over. All that time and I could have learned an instrument as well to go along with singing, but noooooo.

that is still pretty early to start though. i didn't start playing guitar until i was deep into my 20's. the best way to make up for time is to grab hold of something passionately, i think.

i don't think it is ever lost time either. you don't have to start early to be great at something, or more importantly to love it! i really hope that when i am old i am not ONLY good at things that i started when i was young. because i will be good at nothing! haha.

i was reading about Buckminster Fuller, he started a lot of new work later in life.

lauranna

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
When I was a kid I loved horses. I spent literally every available minute of the day riding and trying to perfect my skills. Working for free lessons, riding difficult horses, absolutely anything I did it. After years of competitions I was shortlisted for the British Junior (Under 18s) Team with a horse that I had bought cheaply and I had trained myself. After all that we never made it onto the team, the horse got injured and things changed. But I felt like I had achieved recognition and an admirable level in the sport. But I was realistic enough to know that I probably wouldn't be good enough, or have good enough horses to cut it at senior level.

I had always played a lot of sports at school and when I was 19 and the horse thing was out the window I was looking for a new 'thing' to devote my life to. I had always dreamed of being a professional athlete and representing my country, but never really found a sport I was good enough at. Then I discovered rugby. I loved rugby from the moment I first played. I loved the contact and the physicality of it. Anyway. I took it seriously. I trained hard. I did everything I could to practice and improve my skills. Seven years later, I played Rugby League for England. No prouder moment than standing on the pitch for the national anthem and hearing the crowd cheering for you as you run out onto the pitch. So yeah I feel like I achieved some level of recognition there too.

So I retired from international rugby last year.... and was in a bit of limbo. So I decided to get a career and stop f*cking about with horses and rugby balls. So now i have a career, which i guess is my thing. And i do love it and I am working to improve.

On a separate note, like Jeffster I love writing. And it seems like people love some of the stuff i put out there. So that might be my next passion to work on perfecting. I'm not sure writing is a very ISTP hobby to own up to.. but never mind, i think my love of contact sports and dangerous horses counteracts it. I have a lot of time on my hands in this job so I've got to writing plenty more. I've done some erotic fiction which seems to be appreciated on the internet! And I've started a few novels... the trouble with me is sticking to a project and following it to completion. So maybe a novel will be too much of an ask. And will it be any good?! But yeah I have plenty of ideas and plenty of time now I'm too lazy to go to the gym any more so I will give it a go.

I like this topic jeffster. I feel like it is definitely a trait of mine to choose something I'm reasonably good at and pursue it to its limit. I think I have proved that you don't have to be the most naturally gifted to be able to excel at something. I am by no means the most talented rugby player or natural athlete, but i have good co-ordination and a good sports brain and decision making ability on the pitch. And I have busted my ass to work on my skills/fitness/strength because I love it. I love the game. And I did alright in the end.

Its funny how I don't feel like i have the ability to complete the simplest of tasks, I get distracted/ can't be bothered and yet I guess for example something like 'playing international rugby' was a task which took me seven years to complete. So maybe for an SP its just actually wanting to complete whatever task it is you face yourself with?

Spaceskye

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
Ah I've changed my dream so many times... I remember my first dream was to become an artist. I drew Japanese Manga and read it when I was 8 or 9. I drew a lot for 3 years, I still draw it a lot now since it's a very developed skill and I think it would be a waste to not use it.

For a few months I wanted to teach English to kids in Japan... I felt really passionate about that for little, I chose it over making manga.

Now, for the last few months I've been obsessive about music. I took Piano lessons when I was little, 7 or 8. Then I just quit them. I didn't like them that much actually, I sucked at reading notes , LIKE REALLY BAD. But I've been really improving the last few months. I can read notes well, and I've been making my own compositions... so I think Music may be my ultimate route. But I'm only 13, so we'll see if I find something better... (most likely not.)