• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SP] Sps, are you more or less honest when high or intoxicated

Charmed Justice

Nickle Iron Silicone
MBTI Type
INFJ
Are you more honest with your feelings when you are intoxicated or high(not in blackout mode), or are you more inclined to tell lies?

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm a horrible liar, that's why I'm an open book. Sober or intoxicated, I'm one truthful S.O.B., to a fault actually. I'm also pretty damn blatant. Some people don't like that, but I'm not rude, so I don't care if they can't take brutal honesty.

Any other questions?

:D

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'm naturally high, and I don't get intoxicated.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
I'm a horrible liar, that's why I'm an open book. Sober or intoxicated, I'm one truthful S.O.B., to a fault actually. I'm also pretty damn blatant. Some people don't like that, but I'm not rude, so I don't care if they can't take brutal honesty.

Any other questions?

You remind me exactly of my ESTP friend, it's crazy. You even have the same name.

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP

Any other questions?

Me exactly. I can't tell a lie, I feel like that's a horrible injustice to myself. I have to be let out of the cage, so to speak, and people can take me for how they will.

Now, I might say some things while intoxicated that I'd usually hold back on, but nothing too crazy. I'm still in maximum control of myself no matter how plastered I get, I just have a slightly different mindset. I'd probably even say it's not that different. Mostly I just end up dancing alot, haha.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
You SPs obviously dont know the real SPs out there :D.

But to be fair: if you say you are honest, I'll believe you.

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
Whaddya mean, we don't know the other SPs out there? Unlike you silly intuitive folk, we're not implying things about our entire type with the statements we make. We're merely speaking for ourselves.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't tell lies for fun, maybe I'm less likely to tell white lies and hold back things I shouldn't say when intoxicated. So more honest, but that's not usually a good thing. There are reasons for not saying everything you think.

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
There are reasons for not saying everything you think.

Precisely. There's a huge difference between lying and simply not saying everything.

For me it's like an art. I'd rather not lie because it makes the art of knowing exactly what to say or not say that much more challenging, like a game even.

Charmed Justice

Nickle Iron Silicone
MBTI Type
INFJ
It's the brutal honesty of most of the SPs that I've met that makes me generally love SPs so much!

Julie1962

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
WHen I'm intoxicated I'm an extrovert. Everything comes pouring out of my mouth; the good, the bad and the ugly. I've learned the hard way to limit my consumption of alcohol.

kendoiwan

I am Sofa King!!!
MBTI Type
IsTP
More open, outgoing? Yes. More honest? Not so much.

syckkz

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w6
I'm a bullshitter.. I usually get into a lot of trouble the next day for saying too many messed up things I should never have.. even if it was just a passing intoxicated thought :puppy_dog_eyes:

Last edited:

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Precisely. There's a huge difference between lying and simply not saying everything.

For me it's like an art. I'd rather not lie because it makes the art of knowing exactly what to say or not say that much more challenging, like a game even.

Exactly :yes:

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
I might lie more when I'm drunk just cause I'm more inclined to say whatever and not really care whether or not I'm being accurate or truthful.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
im candid, to a fault, i'm afraid. (ISTP)
This sounds just about right.

The only exception I can say regarding this topic is that my ISTP was noticeably warmer, and verbally gushy when on opiates.

But in general he was/is brutally honest.

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This sounds just about right.

The only exception I can say regarding this topic is that my ISTP was noticeably warmer, and verbally gushy when on opiates.

But in general he was/is brutally honest.

That's what an ENFP I used to date thought too. :p I'm definitely more outgoing when I'm drunk. And yeah, sometimes my Fe comes out because I don't feel as awkward engaging in it (thus why I'm "warmer"). And I say a LOT of things I usually keep in my head (just like my fellow STPs mentioned). But I've somehow developed a defense mechanism: In addition to those things I never meant to say out loud, I throw in a lot of complete and utter bullshit. So you never know what you're gonna get :newwink: