• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISFP] Unhealthy ISFPs?

B

brainheart

May be extremely sensitive to any kind of criticism
May be unable to see the opportunities inherent to a situation
May perceive criticism where none was intended
May have skewed or unrealistic ideas about reality
May be unable to acknowledge or hear anything that goes against their personal ideas and opinions
May blame their problems on other people, seeing themselves as victims who are treated unfairly
May have great anger, and show this anger with rash outpourings of bad temper
May be unaware of appropriate social behavior
May be oblivious to their personal appearance, or to appropriate dress
May come across as eccentric, or perhaps even generally strange to others, without being aware of it
May be unable to see or understand anyone else's point of view
May value their own opinions and feelings far above others
May be unaware of how their behavior affects others
May be oblivious to other people's need
May feel overwhelmed with tension and stress when someone expresses disagreement with the ISFP, or disapproval of the ISFP
May develop strong judgments that are difficult to unseed against people who they perceive have been oppressive or suppressive to them
Under great stress, may feel out of control and fearful, dwelling on the "dark side" of things

Yep, that pretty much covers it... extensively.

MBTI Type
IXFX
Enneagram
Since I'm balanced on the S/N and J/P scales, I sometimes get typed as an INFP, INFJ or an ISFJ, but I can definitely identify with some of the ISFP's weaknesses as well as their strengths.

Bold is what applies to me.

May be extremely sensitive to any kind of criticism (depends who the criticism is directed at, don't care so much if it's directed at me or someone I dislike, but I am sensitive to criticism directed towards my best friends or boyfriend)
May be unable to see the opportunities inherent to a situation (this is definitely untrue as I can see the opportunities in almost every situation)
May perceive criticism where none was intended (usually not true, I can take a joke :D)
May be unable to acknowledge or hear anything that goes against their personal ideas and opinions
May blame their problems on other people, seeing themselves as victims who are treated unfairly
May come across as eccentric, or perhaps even generally strange to others, without being aware of it
May feel overwhelmed with tension and stress when someone expresses disagreement with the ISFP, or disapproval of the ISFP
May develop strong judgments that are difficult to unseed against people who they perceive have been oppressive or suppressive to them
Under great stress, may feel out of control and fearful, dwelling on the "dark side" of things

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
The ("unhealthy") ones I've known tend to be pretty passive aggressive, somewhat delusional (e.g., forever inventing personality traits for themselves that they see as desirable and then trying to make other people believe it), and very insecure. Some are emotionally manipulative, too.

Jaguar

Can we get real, here?
Any of this could apply to any human being.

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
well, it's not like being isfp is the illness. the problem is maladjustment, which anyone can struggle with. here are just tendencies of a struggling isfp, who is like any human being. in my opinion, anyway

ICUP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think they can be pretty crafty about exploiting others for their own interpersonal gain. Particularly in close relationships.

My S.O. dated one before me, and she was like this. She sold crack. However, she got had pretty badly herself..... it seems that when people are exploiting others, they tend to be exploited themselves.

DoggyGirl

MBTI Type
ISFP
May have skewed or unrealistic ideas about reality (yeah, people always tell me, stop being in your own world, reality check pls !!)
(occassionaly)
May come across as eccentric, or perhaps even generally strange to others, without being aware of it (how i can bold this, if i am not aware of this ? )
May be unable to see or understand anyone else's point of view ( i wouldn't know , would i ? if this happens)

storybrook

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w5
I've actually never known an unhealthy ISFP. But theoretically, shouldn't an unhealthy ISFP be overcome by their inferior Te function? Which would mean being overbearing and unreasonably critical of the people around them, insisting other people are being irrational, being controlling and self-righteous.

The other aspect would be the tertiary Intuition which would cause fearfulness about the future and general pessimism.