• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SP] Quick Spur-of-the-moment Action

millerm277

MBTI Type
ISTP
The instance that sticks in my mind most of truly causing me to go to the extreme on the "Quick spur-of-the-moment Action".

- I was dirtbiking, and probably a good hour of nice riding or so down a trail, when I lost it having fun in some mud. However, thanks to shitty luck, I snapped the clutch handle off and the screw holding it in place disappeared into the mud. While I was thinking how to fix it enough to get back home and mentally going "shit, this is going to be hours to even get out of here walking", my phone picked up a signal and I got a call saying a close friend was in a major car accident and they were critically injured and I was wanted at the hospital immediately. I entirely stopped thinking, left the broken handle where it was, pulled out my leatherman and grabbed the steel cable with the pliers, and somehow got the bike going, and up to 5th gear....refused to let up on the throttle the entire way back regardless of how sharp the turn was, or how bad the bump was. Lightly "brushed" quite a few branches and trees on the way out...and ignored every road rule in existence (bike isn't road legal, nor was I obeying much in traffic laws for the couple miles of road to get to the hospital.) and arrived at the hospital 40 minutes later, covered in mud. As I discovered when the adrenaline wore off, I took some hits of my own on my way to get there, my arms and (embarrassingly enough), ass were bruised, along with my glove being partly ripped open.

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
You're my new hero, millerm277. A true ISTP if I've ever heard of one. Lemme get your autograph.

Sidewinder

MBTI Type
ISFP
When my wife was denied entry back into Canada over a very trivial technicality and was stuck down in the States with none of her stuff (but with my car), I managed to get across town from work to the bus station in 30 minutes (I told the cabbie I'd give him a 50$ tip if he'd speed like hell), hopped the bus to Plattsburgh and met up with her down there just a few hours later. I then got us to our hotel, drove her to the bus station early the next morning so she could stay with her mom for a few days while we sorted stuff out, and then drove back to Ottawa almost in time for the start of work the next day. I managed to get us some supplies and a good meal in that time too. :D

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
Awesome. The bus system has done me a world of good. I've learned to be quite the maneuverer when taking it. There have been many close calls, and almost as many missed connections. :D