• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISFP] ISFPs and kindness

warm8

MBTI Type
ESFP
are ISFPs really that kind? I mean, all the ones I've met are kind and people tell me I'm kind, but I've said and thought really mean things before. I mean it's fairly uncommon, but if there's someone I really don't like I have no problem treating them like crap.

am I alone on this? :boohoo:

riel

MBTI Type
ISFP
No, definitely not. People have always told me I am kind, but I'm more "open" with my family. When I was a child, I bit my younger brother's arm for no reason at all(maybe I was jealous). Now, it's mostly verbal and I have said nasty things to my family, and I always felt guilty almost every after encounter..but at least I got my point across. I think we ISFPs are too hard on ourselves. It's really quite dangerous to bottle up feelings inside for they have a possibility of coming out in inappropriate situations. So, cheer up! :)

Sidewinder

MBTI Type
ISFP
I treat people in kind. I start out being nice to people and continue to be nice to people until they prove they don't deserve niceness. If someone does act like a jerk to me, I have no problem being sharp with them. :steam:

MonkeyGrass

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
My dd, whom I suspect is ISFP, is capable of being unkind. Generally, she's very live and let live, and is naturally kind and gentle, but if you push her far enough, she can be downright scrappy. :yes:

Julie1962

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
I am very kind until my ENTJ shadow appears. Then all hell breaks loose!

Clonester

MBTI Type
ENFP
I know two ISFP's and they are both exceptionally gentle and nice.

Ulaes

loopy
MBTI Type
crak
Enneagram
sax
keirsy says isfp's are the kindest of all the types.... but obviously, no one is daisies, sun beams and puppy dogs all the time.

Julie1962

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
keirsy says isfp's are the kindest of all the types.... but obviously, no one is daisies, sun beams and puppy dogs all the time.

Definitely true. I can be quite a bitch at times when under stress. But most of the time I'm kind to a fault.

hokie912

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
In my experience, ISFPs are very kind, but don't have any problem being cold to someone who has really offended their values. I like that they tend to avoid passive-aggressiveness and make it pretty obvious when they're not happy with someone.

ilovetrannies

MBTI Type
ISFP
I am also very kind and generous to a fault. However, cross me and I'll never speak to you again. I really need to work on forgiving and forgeting. I also have imaginable, irrational hate for some people who I believe lack in ethics, integrity, and character and I've never bothered to get to know them because of my hate and prejudice.

Oddly Refined

Enneagram
I'm good friends with an ISFP and have been for 15 years. She's very open to people and can be very kind, but she has her limits. (As we all do.) She was the first person that I ever really meshed with as a teenager.

D

Dali

I am, generally. A little too much if you will.

Nonetheless, constant provocation will result in a quietly-delivered vicious maelstrom that shocks all and tends to create pin-drop silence.

It's like, "OMG, teddy bears can experience anger!?"

focusophobic

MBTI Type
ISFP
People who don't know me that well think I'm amazing. I'm the quiet observer who makes people cookies for no occasion. But people who know me better would probably agree that I'm a bad listener.

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
I've known three ISFP girls and they're all very, very nice. Gentle, even. Probably the kindest I've ever met. But I've noticed that yes, they can hold grudges. One girl I work with who's been talked very bad about dons a very resentful attitude when she talks about the people concerned. You can't blame her, of course, for feeling negative but it's just always kind of a shock when she turns from having a super nice demeanor to thundercloud face.

Trope

MBTI Type
IsfP
Enneagram
5w6
Haha a thundercloud face.

I need to work this out then.

riel

MBTI Type
ISFP
People who don't know me that well think I'm amazing. I'm the quiet observer who makes people cookies for no occasion. But people who know me better would probably agree that I'm a bad listener.

We're on the same boat!..though I make artworks for my friends and also, the people who know me better would agree that I can be mean...sometimes..hehehe...:devil:

KLessard

Aspiring Troens Ridder
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w2
That's interesting. I've long been wondering how the kind ISFP would feel about someone who admires him. Then about someone who admires excessively (adoration) and then becomes dependant. And what if that person was sucking the life out of you and whinning all the time?