• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTP] So I'm an ISTP

B

brainheart

You wrote 'defiantly', not 'definitely'. which is what I suspect you meant.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You could have easily worked it out ages ago based on the stronger T score :rolli: Unless you're basing this off of some kind of more recent tests or something. I'm pretty high on the N and P, and my T scores relatively weak, I'm fair sure I'm an ENTP from that. There are also countless INTPs who test slightly J and are always wondering if they are Js, you can be pretty sure you're an INTP if your tests follow that trend :yes: INFJs are the ones that are harder to type, INFPs are mistaken for INFJs and INFJs are mistaken for INTPs and all sorts of rubbish. Luckily INFJs appear to be rather distinctive, I think they all put on the same Fe front and hide their Ni away or something... I donno. Well anyways, ISTPs are fucking awesome, My bro is an ISTP, and we fill every room hilariousness... well, until he needs that recharge or I want to study something nerdy :nerd:

Unique

You could have easily worked it out ages ago based on the stronger T score :rolli: Unless you're basing this off of some kind of more recent tests or something. I'm pretty high on the N and P, and my T scores relatively weak, I'm fair sure I'm an ENTP from that. There are also countless INTPs who test slightly J and are always wondering if they are Js, you can be pretty sure you're an INTP if your tests follow that trend :yes: INFJs are the ones that are harder to type, INFPs are mistaken for INFJs and INFJs are mistaken for INTPs and all sorts of rubbish. Luckily INFJs appear to be rather distinctive, I think they all put on the same Fe front and hide their Ni away or something... I donno. Well anyways, ISTPs are fucking awesome, My bro is an ISTP, and we fill every room hilariousness... well, until he needs that recharge or I want to study something nerdy :nerd:

Or I don't give a sh*t and use Si poorly?

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
I'm curious as to the differences between ISTPs and ESTPs. How do the motivations differ between the two types? I have an ISTP brother and an ESTP sister and they both

a) Hate each other with a violence. I have had to summon other siblings to help drag them apart every time they play chess, poker, a videogame, ANYTHING competitive. It always comes to blows between them.

b) They both have exactly the same effect on my ENFJ mother; she thinks they are cold, manipulative liars and has actually tried to exorcise them of demons a number of times. She keeps burning sage in their bedrooms and putting weird sachets of herbs under their beds to ward off the evil spirits posessing them.

c) Both are incredibly talented at many different things but do terribly academically. They cannot focus on assignments and cannot see the point of homework.

I want to know how these two seemingly similar types differ and why my siblings hate each other so much despite being so alike. Also how to explain their behaviour to my mother in a way that doesn't involve demons.

hahaha. Sounds typical. What's the prob?

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I'm curious as to the differences between ISTPs and ESTPs. How do the motivations differ between the two types? I have an ISTP brother and an ESTP sister and they both

My perception of the difference between these 2 types.
ESTP's act before they think.
ISTP's think before they act.
(and the same goes with talking, lol)

So, in this sence, ISTP's are more controlled.
They are also more reserved, in my experience.

But hey, just my own observations. ;)

phoenity

My perception of the difference between these 2 types.
ESTP's act before they think.
ISTP's think before they act.
(and the same goes with talking, lol)

So, in this sence, ISTP's are more controlled.
They are also more reserved, in my experience.

But hey, just my own observations. ;)

My brother is an ESTP and this seems to be exactly the case in my experience. He was always the "impulsive" one, whereas I always gave a little forethought to my impulses to act.

It seems to make sense being that he is Se-Ti (act on environment, then think) and I am Ti-Se (think, then act on environment).

An example would be from this weekend where we caught a bunch of fish. Neither of us had ever filleted a fish. He started by immediately cutting into the fish, then thinking about where to cut next as he went along. I started by feeling the structure of the fish with my hands, trying to determine where the mass of meat was and how to best separate it from the bone structure.

Our first fillets both turned out pretty ugly so I couldn't say that either method was preferable. Though once we had seen the inside of the fish we had a better idea of how to cut the next ones.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Or I don't give a sh*t and use Si poorly?

The Se would make up for it. Si should be pretty retarded in any SP anyway, they why they tend to be so impulsive.

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
I can't think before I do, it's just not in my nature. I think things turn out worse that way, or I end up coming up with retarded thoughts or deliberating over something that doesn't need it. It makes me feel dead inside.

For instance, posting style. I type out what's in my head pretty fast, so fast it doesn't always flash in my mind. Then I don't even preview but I might read back over what I wrote and if I want to correct something, edit it. That's why it might look like I think things over too much for an extrovert, but I just can't think things over too much before I do them.

Same with all the art I've ever done, I just have to get it out on paper and polish it up later. I told my art teacher this and she kinda made a silent scoffing laugh like she didn't get it. It wasn't rude though.