• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SP] Easy-going SP's...what makes you angry?

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Curious to hear what actually does make an SP angry enough to react? emote? verbalize it?

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
People driving stupidly, people being mean or hostile towards others for no reason, arbitrary enforcement of rules that serve no practical purpose, machines and objects not doing what they're supposed to be doing. And I get angry at myself for repeating the same mistakes over and over again, though not as much as I used to.

That's really all I can think of right now. I do have a pretty quick temper, but I also get over most things really fast too. I very rarely hold grudges.

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
I don't know, I think I'm broken.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
I don't know, I think I'm broken.

What yer gonna need is a new transmogrifier. I can order ya one used for cheap, but if ya want it installed, that's gonna cost ya extra. But since I like you, I'll cut ya a pretty good deal, besides the necessary disposal fees. :cool:

Kingfisher

full of love
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
well i am very easy going, i rarely get angry or even upset.
but i get pretty outraged at people taking advantage of others, or people being abusive (verbally, emotionally, physically). that really sets me off, i am pretty explosive about those things.

i am a bit over-protective of women also. i tend to become very upset if i think a woman is being taken advantage of. and i think i have a tendency to blow things out of proportion in that respect, and think a woman is being taken advantage of when that is maybe not the case. :doh:

arbitrary enforcement of rules that serve no practical purpose, machines and objects not doing what they're supposed to be doing.

me too.

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
What yer gonna need is a new transmogrifier. I can order ya one used for cheap, but if ya want it installed, that's gonna cost ya extra. But since I like you, I'll cut ya a pretty good deal, besides the necessary disposal fees. :cool:

Does it come with a berserker rage booster component?

Eowyn

MBTI Type
ESfP
Enneagram
People driving stupidly, people being mean or hostile towards others for no reason, arbitrary enforcement of rules that serve no practical purpose, machines and objects not doing what they're supposed to be doing. And I get angry at myself for repeating the same mistakes over and over again, though not as much as I used to.

That's really all I can think of right now. I do have a pretty quick temper, but I also get over most things really fast too. I very rarely hold grudges.

Yeah, that. The thing that makes me the most furious is an inability to communicate exactly what I mean or someone being deliberately obtuse and refusing to understand me.

While I can be annoyed for a long time, I don't hold much of a grudge, and I'm over stuff pretty quickly.

My reaction cycle is receive information, freak out and emote, then arrive at rational and perfectly acceptable course of action. Drives my INTJ spouse nuts.

Julie1962

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
I have a daughter with special needs (aspergers). I get very angry when her peers are mean to her and call her names. I feel protective of all underdogs as well.

Sidewinder

MBTI Type
ISFP
I don't get angry easily, but I get upset when people are throwing their weight or authority around, especially if it's unfair or unjustified, or if they are trying to take advantage of someone. I also hate it when someone is picking on someone who is weak or defenseless. I hate jerks who enjoy hurting or humiliating people. And people who hurt kids or animals deserve a special place in hell. Basically, everything Kingfisher said applies to me too.

Unique

I'm not really angered by anything, things are the way they are. Sure I see stupidity every day by I get nothing but a mild amusement out of it

Actually when people blow up I find it hard not to laugh at them and last time someone blew up at me I was literally laughing (she was going to make more effort to do something JUST to make me have to make more effort, in other words it was simply neurotic)

"Had your emotional hit for today?"
"Nice. Had your drama now?"

Actual lines I use.

There are so so many things that need to be educated into peoples thick skulls but it's not my job to do it, if they want to be a narrow minded twit I'm not going to get angry for them, they just aren't worth it.

But to answer your question, I will verbalize if I think the person is the kind that will respect what I have to say but if they are the kind that is "my way or the highway" I don't even bother with them

In simple terms there are plenty of things/people out there that I don't like but most of it isn't worth getting shitty about cause it wont result to anything

D

Dali

Hehe, I have a reputation for being extremely calm and unflappable to the extent that girls in high school would try to get a rise out of me just to see how I'd react or if I even had an anger switch. That made me laugh more than anything.

Among the few things that can get me going are meanspirited people, people trying to take advantage of others, people attempting to control or manipulate me, excessive neediness and sophism.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm with Unique in that for the most part I am unphased as to other's childishness indisgressions.

But, I also identify with Kingfisher and Mo in that if I see someone bullying, controlling, being abusive, or just outright disrespectful towards a person that either (a) doesn't deserve it, (b) can't protect themsleves, or especially (c) women I get a real case of the ass.

If you want to see me go ballistic then try to hurt one of my kids. That will result in serious physical damage within seconds.

I used to get in trouble during elementary school because I would punch out the bullies on the playground. My Dad told me to protect the weak, so I did! :doh:

D

Dali

If you want to see me go ballistic then try to hurt one of my kids. That will result in serious physical damage within seconds

+1

Substitute 'kids' with 'people very close to Mo'.

phoenity

Curious to hear what actually does make an SP angry enough to react? emote? verbalize it?

What's the point?

Anger for me requires a lot of energy, and I don't like for emotion, especially negative, to consume me. Intense emotion without awareness of the present moment usually leads to actions or words that are later regretted.

I also like what Unique said.

Kingfisher

full of love
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Anger for me requires a lot of energy, and I don't like for emotion, especially negative, to consume me. Intense emotion without awareness of the present moment usually leads to actions or words that are later regretted.

i understand what you're saying, in a way i would like to be a person that releases my anger without ever acting on it or allowing it to gain any foothold. but i have had more success with understanding my anger and channeling it rather than being engulfed or consumed by it.

for me, it is better to understand that anger and rage are a part of me and to accept that, rather than try to control or limit them.

phoenity

i understand what you're saying, in a way i would like to be a person that releases my anger without ever acting on it or allowing it to gain any foothold. but i have had more success with understanding my anger and channeling it rather than being engulfed or consumed by it.

for me, it is better to understand that anger and rage are a part of me and to accept that, rather than try to control or limit them.

Right. Emotional response, internal feeling, to things is part of what makes us human. If we had no emotional response we would be like any other animal.

Whenever I am angry, and my mind focuses on that emotion and the situation or people that caused it, it continues to intensify. This buildup of emotion is not the initial emotional response, but the thoughts of our emotional mind. It is our mind, the thoughts of our ego, that continue creating buildup of emotional energy that our bodies then have to release, either physically or verbally. People punch things when they're angry - the body has to release this tension or it causes problems inside, just like any other sustained negative emotion.

But as humans we also have the ability to control or limit our emotions, if we're only conscious of them.

What I'm referring to is a level of consciousness higher than the emotion of the mind. In this level of consciousness there is no human emotion, only rational intelligence, which is also part of what makes us human. Things are neither good or bad - they simply are as they are. By being conscious and calm, we can analyze a situation rationally, without it having an emotional skew, to determine the best course of action.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So is it rare for an SP to feel anger? or is it rare that an SP feels the need to do anything about said anger?

Also, is this just pertaining to negative emotions, positive emotions or both?

Do you find that the 'go with the flow' SP attitude prevents introspection? Or do SP's don't really see the need for introspection and therefore don't consider it. Oh, and if this is so, how do understand what you stand for and what you won't...is this decided at the moment of action?

Anyway, sorry if these questions are retarded. I get that NT and SP are very different types and therefore have different ways of communicating. I'm just curious as to how your mind works! :thinking::D

phoenity

So is it rare for an SP to feel anger? or is it rare that an SP feels the need to do anything about said anger?

Also, is this just pertaining to negative emotions, positive emotions or both?

Do you find that the 'go with the flow' SP attitude prevents introspection? Or do SP's don't really see the need for introspection and therefore don't consider it. Oh, and if this is so, how do understand what you stand for and what you won't...is this decided at the moment of action?

Anyway, sorry if these questions are retarded. I get that NT and SP are very different types and therefore have different ways of communicating. I'm just curious as to how your mind works! :thinking::D

What made you angry recently and how did you respond?

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well, the most recent event was this: I just got this job at a corporate, very busy, high turnover restaurant. I realized this environment isn't to my liking and put my notice in after working there about a week. I just know whether something's a fit or not and this place wasn't for me. But I put notice in and was going to fulfill my responsibility to the restaurant.

On a busy Friday night, I forgot to put in a table's order. My boss came up to me and chewed me out. Okay, fair enough. But after telling me this my boss pulls me aside again a few minutes later and lays into me about how I'm not paying attention and my focus is elsewhere and basically telling me that I'm not doing a good job, etc. She then tells me since I put my notice in that this could be my last night and don't worry about coming in.

Keep in mind...this was only my third shift at this restaurant and I made two minor mistakes earlier in the night. However, these first two mistakes didn't affect service like the last mistake about not putting the order in.

My reaction to her was utter bewilderment! Like, "Okay. I've already apologized. Why is this person coming at me like this? Why is she taking this so personally?" I really wasn't angry. More hurt that she would question my efforts of trying to do a good job. I just wanted to escape the situation.

I thought that was the end of it but at the end of the night when I was handing in my checkout my boss brought up the situation again. This is when I got angry. I told her that "bringing it up again was pointless because she herself told me that this was my last night. So who cares about further discussion of my error?! Also, I had already apologized to her and my table. So what more could I do. Also, it was my third shift and no one is perfect. After all, this is not an uncommon error and that she was taking it way too seriously." I felt like she wanted to get a rise out of me and wasn't going to be satisfied she got a reaction from me. (I have sort of a flat affect). Luckily she didn't see my anger but I had to vent to my friend afterward.