• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Any true female ISTJ-ISTP's?

Lexinator

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Particularly if the I-S-T are all pretty strong on the respective sides of the dichotomy spectrum.

If so, how do you rectify your guardian and artisan temperament tendencies?

The guardian is looking for structure/security, while the artisan is looking for adventure.

In a female, this can be highly problematic, especially since ISTJ (and some ISTP's) females are often more male like in their interests and personalities due to the strong S and T qualities, which are so tactile and real-world.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
Hiya. :hi: I dunno if I'm a true ISTJ, but I don't know exactly what you're asking.

What does rectify mean? Forgive me, I have a limited vocabulary. D:

Shadow

MBTI Type
INTJ
Do you mean they test as ISTJ and a bit ISTP? Is that possible?

Not entirely sure what the question is, but I'd say that the type I am least like/least likely to be close to is XSTP. I don't think we're on the same wavelength at all, nor do we interest each other (in my experience).

I do have a need for structure but I'm also very independent and I like adventure and freedom. I think that's normal? I suppose my adventure is planned and that's the difference. I wouldn't spontaneously leave my life not knowing what I was going to do and without several contingency plans. If I'm about to embark on the unknown I'll have thought about it long and hard beforehand.

Lexinator

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Yes, Shadow..You are way too dominant on the J side of the J-P dichotomoy to identify with any "P". You have a pretty deciive S-J guardian temperament, so you likely subscribe to security, orderliness and lots of structure in your work and personal life. UNless you are unlike the type, one could probably eat off your floor and you probably have everything filed away nicely.

To clarify for you and DisneyGeek, I would expect the person I am inquiring about to have a profile such as the following:
ISTJ
Introverted (I) >>60% Extroverted (E) <<40% (preferably >70 I)
Sensing (S) >>60% Intuitive (N) << 40% (preferably >70 S)
Thinking (T) >>60%Feeling (F) <<40% (preferably >70 T)
Judging (J) ~50 Perceiving (P) ~50% (or as close to 50-50, with slight bias to J)

As such, this person would be equally ISTJ and ISTP, and would then exhibit both the SJ-Guardian and the SP-Artisan characteristics. This person would feel a natural conflcit in their persona since the Guardian seeks structure/security with the Artisan seeks flexibility/adventure

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
Oh! I get it. Although I'm ISTJ (right now :tongue:), I do regularly score ISTP on tests that only test which dichotomies you prefer. I would suggest a cognitive functions test. Or you could just read about the cognitive functions. Do a quick Google search and you get a ton of websites.